• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Brit High Commissioner loves Singapore!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
BT: Are you much of a sportsman yourself?

SW: I enjoy watching all sports. I watch football, Wimbledon (tennis), and I'll definitely be tuning in to the Open Championship if I can (this year's tournament was played from July 14-17 in Ayrshire, Scotland). I used to play lots of different sports when I was younger, but not to any standard. Now I am restricted to the occasional jog and the occasional game of golf.

My family watches sports together when we can. Our two daughters are F1 fanatics. When my elder daughter was in Singapore last year, she went to the qualifying rounds and later attended the Robbie Williams concert.

BT: It's been just over a year since you moved to Singapore. How has your family settled in?

SW: Our two girls are back home, so it's just my wife and I who are in Singapore. She sings with the Singapore Symphony Chorus and helps out at the National Gallery. She's going to start training as a docent at the National Museum, and she's helping out at a charity as well. We're really enjoying our time here so far.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/lifestyle/health-wellness/love-of-hearts-runs-in-this-family

Sucker!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are a foreigner or ex-Singaporean who has a new home in a 1st World country, Singapore is a great place to work and visit. I know a Brit IT engineer married to a local Malay girl and he knows that UK is still the place to retire. Even though he has been working her for more than 15 years, he contributes to the UK State pension fund. He is on employment pass and does not have to contribute to CPF. Most employment pass holders would have factored the amount for CPF and got the employers to give them the cash as a salary component.

The reason foreigner come in droves is not to pay respect to the PAP or expect to live here forever. In 1993, the long standing Visa Country Manager for SEA who was based in Caltex House retired. He was a Kiwi and in preparation for his retirement he built a wonderful house next to a large lake. Singapore has always been a plumb posting for expats for generations. Nothing has changed.

Ask any Ang Mo, they will tell its either Singapore or Hong Kong.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are a foreigner or ex-Singaporean who has a new home in a 1st World country, Singapore is a great place to work and visit. I know a Brit IT engineer married to a local Malay girl and he knows that UK is still the place to retire. Even though he has been working her for more than 15 years, he contributes to the UK State pension fund. He is on employment pass and does not have to contribute to CPF. Most employment pass holders would have factored the amount for CPF and got the employers to give them the cash as a salary component.

The reason foreigner come in droves is not to pay respect to the PAP or expect to live here forever. In 1993, the long standing Visa Country Manager for SEA who was based in Caltex House retired. He was a Kiwi and in preparation for his retirement he built a wonderful house next to a large lake. Singapore has always been a plumb posting for expats for generations. Nothing has changed.

Ask any Ang Mo, they will tell its either Singapore or Hong Kong.

Right tell him that https://twitter.com/HCScottinSG