• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Today is Bruce Lee's 43rd Anniversary.

trump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stuart Langley, More than 25 years martial arts experience
2.4k Views
0 and 0. Bruce Lee was an actor not a professional fighter. There are lots of stories about his accomplishments in 'underground' fights but you should treat them with a healthy level of skepticism.
Written 11 Feb · View Up votes

trump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tom Pickering, Bullied as kid - learned to fight. Worked for years as a bouncer / doorman.
2k Views

Bruce Lee was an actor not a fighter.

He never fought any documented fights using his fighting system.

There are rumours and legends, most of which seem to be based on the Enter The Dragon fight club scenes, but nothing documented. Personally I dont believe them.

Truth is that it's like asking what is Jackie Chan's fight record?
Written Mar 22

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who have worked with Bruce Lee in the HK film industry are saying how good the man is. People like Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung. Now these martial artists are very proud people and if Lee is not really that good, you think they will praise him?

trump

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who have worked with Bruce Lee in the HK film industry are saying how good the man is. People like Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung. Now these martial artists are very proud people and if Lee is not really that good, you think they will praise him?

haha thats like ownself praise ownself, his people working for him and paid by him of course must por his lampar lah. anyway we are not talking about how nice a person he is, but for the sake of talkcock, characterwise bruce lee was well known for being an arrogant boastful asshole, by comparison then jacky chan the clown and donnie yen are much more humbler and friendlier , and yes, both of them will kick his ass anytime

trump

Alfrescian
Loyal

friend if u are really into martial arts i give u a friendly advice ok? go and join a mma gym like evolve, impact, or juggernaut. then u will learn wat is real fighting instead of wasting your time learning the wrong things, like practising patterns and fancy movements that will only get u killed in the street. chinese kungu are all craps started by half dead old men chewing tobacco leaves and collecting monthly fee for teaching shit and telling cock stories of how invincible they are without even having fought a real fight. any boxer will punch the living daylight out of these old snakeoil men

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
friend if u are really into martial arts i give u a friendly advice ok? go and join a mma gym like evolve, impact, or juggernaut. then u will learn wat is real fighting instead of wasting your time learning the wrong things, like practising patterns and fancy movements that will only get u killed in the street. chinese kungu are all craps started by half dead old men chewing tobacco leaves and collecting monthly fee for teaching shit and telling cock stories of how invincible they are without even having fought a real fight. any boxer will punch the living daylight out of these old snakeoil men

Thanks, but no thanks! I would rather stick to my internal arts system and Dim Mak anytime!

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

give credit where credit is due. Real karate champions like chuck norris(7 times world champion) and Bill wallace and mike stone all are of the opinion that he is good and fast and amongst the best.
in fact Chuck norris even admitted that in a real fight bruce would win hands down. Now MMA is bull shit having trained in MMA before. real fights means no gloves and no holds barred. In a real street fight, things like speed, dirty moves like kicking balls, feigning moves etc matters the most. like in all real fights I have witnessed, the winner is the one who is the fastest and lands the most lethal punch or kick FIRST, not grappling like alot of the MMA fighters does.MMA fighters are usually slow and rely on brute strength to hold you down which alot of fighters know and hence keep thier distance.
But the best amongst all fighters is an unknown Wong Shun Leung, bruce lee actual teacher who migrated to australia and taught in sydney 20 years ago. a most humble and fierce fighter who won almost all underground no-holds barred fights(MMA's forerunners), he even earned teh title of 'Gong Sau Wong' (講手王 or 'King of Talking Hands'). google his name and see his training and you know he is real fighter, possibly the best. why I say so is because, Once asked if he was the best fighter in the world, he replied, "No, only the second best"; when then asked who was the best, he said, "I have not met him yet." Now that is a fighter who definitely knows the world and art of fighting and his limit. anybody who proclaim himself as the best is bullshitting.

Last edited:

trump

Alfrescian
Loyal
give credit where credit is due. Real karate champions like chuck norris(7 times world champion) and Bill wallace and mike stone all are of the opinion that he is good and fast and amongst the best.
in fact Chuck norris even admitted that in a real fight bruce would win hands down. Now MMA is bull shit having trained in MMA before. real fights means no gloves and no holds barred. In a real street fight, things like speed, dirty moves like kicking balls, feigning moves etc matters the most. like in all real fights I have witnessed, the winner is the one who is the fastest and lands the most lethal punch or kick FIRST, not grappling like alot of the MMA fighters does.MMA fighters are usually slow and rely on brute strength to hold you down which alot of fighters know and hence keep thier distance.
But the best amongst all fighters is an unknown Wong Shun Leung, bruce lee actual teacher who migrated to australia and taught in sydney 20 years ago. a most humble and fierce fighter who won almost all underground no-holds barred fights(MMA's forerunners), he even earned teh title of 'Gong Sau Wong' (講手王 or 'King of Talking Hands'). google his name and see his training and you know he is real fighter, possibly the best. why I say so is because, Once asked if he was the best fighter in the world, he replied, "No, only the second best"; when then asked who was the best, he said, "I have not met him yet." Now that is a fighter who definitely knows the world and art of fighting and his limit. anybody who proclaim himself as the best is bullshitting.

yes those real karate guys say he is good but dont forget they are all friends and work colleagues, in the martial world everybody is singing each others praising each other and that dont mean anything. if you want a more accurate assessment, many neutral experts of that time believe chuck norris and bill wallace will beat the living shit out of bruce lee easily but knowing what a braggart he is and to give him face, they just kept quiet. the fact remains bruce lee was only fighting imaginary opponents on the screen and executing fancy flashy techniques in thin air, jumping, spinning on the screen that are all totally practically useless and any real martial artist can tell you will only get you killed in a street situation

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
no problem, cheers

It's not the martial art that matters, but the skills of the practitioner, and how best he can put his skills or art to practical use. Talk is cheap. Can argue till the cows come home also pointless.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently watched a HK show where they interviewed this veteran stuntman. For close to five decades, this man has worked with countless kung fu practitioners. When asked who the greatest martial artist was, dead or alive, without hesitation his reply was Bruce Lee.

trump

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not the martial art that matters, but the skills of the practitioner, and how best he can put his skills or art to practical use. Talk is cheap. Can argue till the cows come home also pointless.

exactly, you hit the nail right on the head, talk is cheap especially in the martial world, and bruce lee is probably the biggest boaster talk big talk cock for somewho who has never really fought any real oppoent but who projected himself to be invincible, when he is barely 120 pounds not even lightweight and barely straw weight, haha..he will easily get beaten to a pulp by any fighter who has ever fought for real

trump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently watched a HK show where they interviewed this veteran stuntman. For close to five decades, this man has worked with countless kung fu practitioners. When asked who the greatest martial artist was, dead or alive, without hesitation his reply was Bruce Lee.

that guy is probably his shoe shiner, if he talk bad about his master he wont be earning his next meal

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bruce Lee was a chinaman that wasn't obiang! During the 70s, we all adored him, and many took up martial arts because they aped him. In my secondary school, all the toilet chain flushes were swiped so we kids could make nunchak sticks after we watched Fist of Fury! Anybody who got into a school yard fight made cat sounds like Bruce Lee so as to sound like a better fighter! Bruce Lee was a symbol and icon to all of us, and a Lee that we loved!

To those who say he can't fight - see how he took down Chuch Norris at the Coliseum! Chuck Norris was a world karate champion, and got whacked by Bruce!

Cheers!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes those real karate guys say he is good but dont forget they are all friends and work colleagues, in the martial world everybody is singing each others praising each other and that dont mean anything. if you want a more accurate assessment, many neutral experts of that time believe chuck norris and bill wallace will beat the living shit out of bruce lee easily but knowing what a braggart he is and to give him face, they just kept quiet. the fact remains bruce lee was only fighting imaginary opponents on the screen and executing fancy flashy techniques in thin air, jumping, spinning on the screen that are all totally practically useless and any real martial artist can tell you will only get you killed in a street situation

You are trying to say they sang his praises just to make him feel good to give him face? Hey nigger don't contridict yourself. You claimed bruce lee is a small sized around 120lb guy and if he wasn't that good what would it show to make themselves lower than a supposed small size guy?

also what is the logic in them giving face to bruce and to allow him to brag? See your logic doesn't make sense at all. Who likes a braggart? If someone brags but doesn't have the means to back up his bragging he would be taken down easily. Why should they allow bruce to get away with it? See the way you present your argument shows how screwed up your logic is.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's follow trump's line of arguments but this time on lionel messi.

he says bruce lee is a small sized fella so how can he be a good fighter.

Well let's look at lionel messi. He's a short guy at around 1.67m and not very heavy either like around say 65-67 kg. How can messi be the world's best football player when he's so small and short? Other players are around 1.85- 1.9m and above so how can messi possibly be better than them?

Isn't messi quite a bragger? The other football players allowed him to score goals and allow him to brag to give him face. Why give him face? Same reasoning as what trump says about bruce lee. Give him face and allow him to get away with it.

trump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bruce Lee was a chinaman that wasn't obiang! During the 70s, we all adored him, and many took up martial arts because they aped him. In my secondary school, all the toilet chain flushes were swiped so we kids could make nunchak sticks after we watched Fist of Fury! Anybody who got into a school yard fight made cat sounds like Bruce Lee so as to sound like a better fighter! Bruce Lee was a symbol and icon to all of us, and a Lee that we loved!

To those who say he can't fight - see how he took down Chuch Norris at the Coliseum! Chuck Norris was a world karate champion, and got whacked by Bruce!

Cheers!

yes but can he beat this guy? i doubt so

kung-fu-hustle-le-plus-grand-des-tueurs11_d4ab0c646ad21dcf6e158e4bd402521d.jpg