• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does Singaporean need to work until die?

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Article Source: https://goo.gl/29Ms7w

12933091_1725566447655839_8469377022987762757_n.jpg

If life of Singaporean is to work till you die then maybe ASS can explain why Chee Soon Juan & his wife does not work for many years, he raised 3 beautiful children, drive a car, fully paid up a 3rm flat in a mature estate, travelled oversea for holiday and to bad mouth Singapore regularly.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Chee live in a house like tos Ministars than im worried, 3 rm pigeon hole and a simple life no big deal.

MadrigalWheel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always felt that the baby boomers had it good, while subsequent generations will have to suffer paying for the unsustainable prices that they left behind in their wake.

All the more that's why now, as baby boomers die and release their assets, gen X,Y and our kids will see a long term deflationary cycle of asset pricing, not that we don't earn enough, but just that there are too few of us to consume.

Guess that is why the SG government is encouraging entrepreneurship with the young gen Y, who are still young energetic and can still take risks in such an early stage of their working life. So it does sometimes feel very much like the gen X (the 2 is enough generation), will bear the biggest brunt of asset value erosion due to us having been committed too far into the "passive income" dream.

Its might be the future too that employment will become term based, with periodic review periods, and thus become more inherently risky from a job security point of view, compared to say, starting your own business and contracting out your skills and services, with clientele sourced and services delivered via internet, and therefore internationally competitive. The last bastion of "jobs" as we know it to be right now might in future be found only in the civil service...

I can't see gen X pulling this off, but for those fresh out of school and starting with a blank slate, the possibilities are boundless.

Cest la vie for me too (2 is enough generation), I guess.

Last edited:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
when i retire, it's not work but a healthy form of exercise collecting cardboards.

The returns from collecting and re-selling aluminium cans are better. Besides, there is more exercise stomping and crushing those cans to save space. Wonderful Singapore for senior citizens.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The returns from collecting and re-selling aluminium cans are better. Besides, there is more exercise stomping and crushing those cans to save space. Wonderful Singapore for senior citizens.

very crowded space. easier to compete with 70-80 year old lau ah por on cardboard collection. :p

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe CSJ funded by george soros "open society foundation". this foundation promotes democracy worldwide.even NGO gets this if they promote liberalism and democracy.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was in the US in the seventies when then President Reagan said some very memorable words....."If not US, WHO? If not NOW? WHEN?" Singapore needs a leader to say these words! Very motivating!!!

Cheers!

Does Singaporean need to work until die?......................

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was in the US in the seventies when then President Reagan said some very memorable words....."If not US, WHO? If not NOW? WHEN?" Singapore needs a leader to say these words! Very motivating!!!

Cheers!

Reagan is an actor ..............

[video=youtube;sg-4ATrE8n0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg-4ATrE8n0[/video]

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
And a great president as well. He put faith back in the US military after their humiliating defeat by Vietnam. He's the only Republican president I respect. Much better than that scumbag Bush (Junior).

Cheers!

Reagan is an actor ..............

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Article Source: https://goo.gl/29Ms7w

12933091_1725566447655839_8469377022987762757_n.jpg

If life of Singaporean is to work till you die then maybe ASS can explain why Chee Soon Juan & his wife does not work for many years, he raised 3 beautiful children, drive a car, fully paid up a 3rm flat in a mature estate, travelled oversea for holiday and to bad mouth Singapore regularly.
Walau eh are you saying chee ko pek botak Gilbert Goh also? No job for years can travel so many countries and go Australia for holidays.
ZomboMeme 13122017201856.jpg