• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie trio lived in Changi airport for 7 mths, got free water, wifi and air-con

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
NP_20151121_HBCHANGI-TEL_1078521.jpg

BY HARIZ BAHARUDIN

They have been living at the airport for the last seven months, they said.

Miss Eileen Ho and Mr Daniel Soo, both 24, said they spend their days wandering the terminals before sleeping on thin comforters on the floor in a corner of Terminal 3, near a cafe.

Checks with the staff reveal that the pair, along with Miss Ho's brother, had been seen for several months now. When TNP met them on Wednesday (Nov 18), Miss Ho said that they ended up there because she had a falling out with her parents.

They also took with them Miss Ho's 20-year-old brother, Wilson, whom they say suffers from epilepsy.

"We have no other place to go, that is why we stay like this," said Miss Ho, pointing to their bedding.

Said Mr Soo: ''Here is okay. At least got free Internet, free electricity and free water.''

They were moved out yesterday after queries were sent to Changi Airport Group.

An airport spokesman said that they had been ''linked'' with the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) and ''a social welfare officer is currently exploring accommodation options with them''.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even our homeless has Internet connectivity and mobile devices.
And sinkies complain about hardship.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

BY HARIZ BAHARUDIN

Miss Eileen Ho and Mr Daniel Soo, both 24, said they spend their days wandering the terminals before sleeping on thin comforters on the floor in a corner of Terminal 3, near a cafe.

Checks with the staff reveal that the pair, along with Miss Ho's brother, had been seen for several months now. When TNP met them on Wednesday (Nov 18), Miss Ho said that they ended up there because she had a falling out with her parents.

They also took with them Miss Ho's 20-year-old brother, Wilson, whom they say suffers from epilepsy.

"We have no other place to go, that is why we stay like this," said Miss Ho, pointing to their bedding.

Said Mr Soo: ''Here is okay. At least got free Internet, free electricity and free water.''

An airport spokesman said that they had been ''linked'' with the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) and ''a social welfare officer is currently exploring accommodation options with them''.

At 24 years old, both of them should be working and renting a place or room.
No reason to be sleeping in the airport........
Wonder whats on their mind?.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What does it mean by "the were moved out":confused:

Were they forcibly evicted & now living under supervised detention?

lurpsexx

Alfrescian
Loyal
For 7 mths no airport staff or Cisco noticed these stragglers around?? No one went up to ask them for identification or flight details? All airport staff boh chup? Where's our airport security?? CAG better come clean..

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
For 7 mths no airport staff or Cisco noticed these stragglers around?? No one went up to ask them for identification or flight details? All airport staff boh chup? Where's our airport security?? CAG better come clean..

After this news report, terrorists ARE TRIPPING OVER themselves to plan attacks on Changi's lax security.

lurpsexx

Alfrescian
Loyal
After this news report, terrorists ARE TRIPPING OVER themselves to plan attacks on Changi's lax security.

I won't be surprised if changi airport will be over run by 3rd world trash trying to save a buck by sleeping over a few days in the airport too.. No need pay high hotel prices..

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

BY HARIZ BAHARUDIN

Wasn't it PeeM lee hsien loong who repeatedly said since 2004 that no singaporean will be left behind????

W

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
7 bloody months I wonder how they make love in terminal 3, the "piak-piak" sound would have alarmed the security guards.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
7 bloody months I wonder how they make love in terminal 3, the "piak-piak" sound would have alarmed the security guards.

never mind about sex. I wonder if these homeless people had a proper shower regularly. i thought the general public area toilets in the airport do not have shower cubicles?

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
I won't be surprised if changi airport will be over run by 3rd world trash trying to save a buck by sleeping over a few days in the airport too.. No need pay high hotel prices..

My neighbour's maid went 3 months awol at Changi airport after she "missed" her flight home.... all 3 months she was at airport!

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
During my school days, I used to camp at the airport with my buddies to study during examination periods.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

singaporeans need to stop being such frog in wells,i know singaporeans rarely leave the well of their hdb units and shopping malls,but international travellers often know travellers sleep at airport while waiting for a flight,when i was at perth airport in the morning at 3am,the entire departure hall was like a refugee camp with people sleeping in their gortex and winter coats on the floor on their luggage in the dimmed lights,the airport was freezing cold like 17 degrees celcius,outside was even colder at 10 degrees.i bet there were homeless people at the "refugee camp" too.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They have phones and wifi so they certainly have not been left behind.

even the homeless in US and australia know you can get free wifi and internet at the library and camp there in the day.laptops and phones are dirt cheap nowadays,theres 2nd hand shops selling laptops for $180 bucks in aussieland.