• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

a friend who has liver cancer

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
few days ago, i met my church friend who is a volunteer. he told me his friend had liver cancer and instead of seeking treatment and he do not want to go thru chemo. he opted for painkillers and left the world after 3 weeks. do you think this is a wise choice?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
few days ago, i met my church friend who is a volunteer. he told me his friend had liver cancer and instead of seeking treatment and he do not want to go thru chemo. he opted for painkillers and left the world after 3 weeks. do you think this is a wise choice?

Yes very wise. Why prolong the agony?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but what abt the family and closed ones, i think they yearn for him to live slightly longer.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've has my health crisis & took steps like taking supplements, juicing, eating organic,.... avoiding processed foods, food additives etc

If you wait until you are ill it may be too late. As they say an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure:smile:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I've has my health crisis & took steps like taking supplements, juicing, eating organic,.... avoiding processed foods, food additives etc

If you wait until you are ill it may be too late. As they say an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure:smile:
That won't do a thing for you if you're genetically predisposed to cancer.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
but what abt the family and closed ones, i think they yearn for him to live slightly longer.

They're being selfish. To hell with them.

The only good reason to try to extend life expectancy is if you have some milestone in mind eg kids graduation etc.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he knows i drink a lot and try to warn me. but if it is me, i will still go for 1st round of chemo to pacify my loved ones after which forget it and rely on painkillers.
as for my friend, doctor told him tht he respect his decision to rely on painkillers. when i really think abt it, i find it quite sad. such is human life. limited and no compromise.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
he knows i drink a lot and try to warn me. but if it is me, i will still go for 1st round of chemo to pacify my loved ones after which forget it and rely on painkillers.
as for my friend, doctor told him tht he respect his decision to rely on painkillers. when i really think abt it, i find it quite sad. such is human life. limited and no compromise.
What's the big deal everybody dies of something.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Liver cancer by the time detected usually end stage as liver has high tolerance for pain. That's why he died in three weeks. With treatment, will be a few months. I know of one such case.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the reason tht he refused chemo was that he did not want to look like wht those who are going thru look like. that's why he opt for painkillers.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Brilliant decision. Chemo is basically injecting your body with more poison.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chemo or natural health treatment wow that will bring about such a long drawn out argument. In fact i feel that most people who get cancer typically get it when it is in the later stages and not during the early stages not saying that eating organic food etc won't cure it but i suppose living that healthy lifestyle eating proper foods etc should be done before one even gets cancer but unfortunately most people only follow it after they have cancer in the later stages. You can compare it to say trying to pull out a plant that has grown up with roots sunk in say a tree. Wouldn't it have been easier to put out the tree when it was a sapling rather than when it is fully grown?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The person who's dying has every right to choose how he wants to go. If he knew he'd a chance of cure, he'd have gone for chemo, but he didn't. Why prolong the agony?

If the family loved him, they'd want him to die in dignity with the minimum of pain and agony. Otherwise it would simply be extreme selfishness on their part.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone has cancerous cells. Just that the cells are too insignificant. It would seem that detox and maintaining a certain ph level in your body system helps.

HandyMan

Alfrescian
Loyal

But where is the family of your friend?