• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SPP’s Jeannette: My encounter with a grassroots leader

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://sgfuck.org/mybb/Thread-SPP’s-Jeannette-My-encounter-with-a-grassroots-leader

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/08/24/spps-jeannette-my-encounter-with-a-grassroots-leader/

(Yesterday morning, 22 Aug at Blk 17 Old Airport Road Food Centre)
Smiling broadly and holding up my J4M flyer, I approached a man aged about 40 sitting alone.

He glared at me and motioned that he did not wish me to approach him.

Thinking he might not be local, I asked in English “Are you a Singaporean?”

Staring at me for a couple of seconds (to the point that I thought he might indeed be a non-Singaporean), he then answered in a stern tone, “Yes, I am a Singaporean and I have already decided who to vote for.”

Astounded, I said “But how can you have decided when elections have not even began yet?”

Him (with hostility): “I am a grassroots leader.”

Me (thinking that grassroots leaders are community-minded): “Oh may I know your name?”

Him: “No.”

Me (realising that my thinking could be wrong): “Why would being a grassroots leader mean that you already decided who to vote? Does it mean that all grassroots leaders are …..”

Him (sensing where I was going, cut me off in mid sentence): “I know who you are. You are a lawyer and so am I. You are engaging me the wrong way. I am here to have my breakfast. You are engaging me the wrong way.” He clearly wanted me to go away, so I went away.

I am really puzzled by the man’s response. Many Singaporeans join the grassroots to serve the community, and not to serve politicians or the political ambitions of the ruling party. This grassroots leader had made up his mind who to give his vote to. He was not interested to meet me or to even hear me out. He made it very clear to me that I have zero chance to win his support.

Well, can’t say I didn’t try. If you’re reading this, I want you to know, no hard feelings. To everyone else who is reading this, I’m going to keep trying to work for your support, regardless of affiliation.

All I ask is for you to judge me on my merits and give me a fair chance to win your support.

Jeannette Chong-Aruldoss

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That is because they have benefits to gain if they serve politician.. Those grassroots thing are part of the syst for people who are self serving.. That is what PAP grassroots are for.. For Community my ass.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now, the whole Sinkland know ...

HOW FUCKED UP PPL LIKE JOHNTANs ARE, even if met in person..

But of course, ppl here ALREADY KNOW HOW FUCKED UP JOHNTAN here is...

WITHOUT EVEN MEETING HIM IN PERSON! LoLoL

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it really a surprise? Both the People's Association and the PAP are not that different from each other. :wink:

31596_362169040546726_108238950_n.jpg

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://sgfuck.org/mybb/Thread-SPP’s-Jeannette-My-encounter-with-a-grassroots-leader

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/08/24/spps-jeannette-my-encounter-with-a-grassroots-leader/

(Yesterday morning, 22 Aug at Blk 17 Old Airport Road Food Centre)
Smiling broadly and holding up my J4M flyer, I approached a man aged about 40 sitting alone.

He glared at me and motioned that he did not wish me to approach him.

Thinking he might not be local, I asked in English “Are you a Singaporean?”

Staring at me for a couple of seconds (to the point that I thought he might indeed be a non-Singaporean), he then answered in a stern tone, “Yes, I am a Singaporean and I have already decided who to vote for.”

Astounded, I said “But how can you have decided when elections have not even began yet?”

Him (with hostility): “I am a grassroots leader.”

Me (thinking that grassroots leaders are community-minded): “Oh may I know your name?”

Him: “No.”

Me (realising that my thinking could be wrong): “Why would being a grassroots leader mean that you already decided who to vote? Does it mean that all grassroots leaders are …..”

Him (sensing where I was going, cut me off in mid sentence): “I know who you are. You are a lawyer and so am I. You are engaging me the wrong way. I am here to have my breakfast. You are engaging me the wrong way.” He clearly wanted me to go away, so I went away.

I am really puzzled by the man’s response. Many Singaporeans join the grassroots to serve the community, and not to serve politicians or the political ambitions of the ruling party. This grassroots leader had made up his mind who to give his vote to. He was not interested to meet me or to even hear me out. He made it very clear to me that I have zero chance to win his support.

Well, can’t say I didn’t try. If you’re reading this, I want you to know, no hard feelings. To everyone else who is reading this, I’m going to keep trying to work for your support, regardless of affiliation.

All I ask is for you to judge me on my merits and give me a fair chance to win your support.

Jeannette Chong-Aruldoss

WHICH IS WHY I SAY JUST DANGLE THOSE PAPs AND THEIR CRONIES AND GRASSLOOT LEADERS FROM LAMP POSTS AND SEE THEM DANCE

ONLY WAY WE CAN GET BACK WHAT IS LEFT OF OUR MONEY

This fight is not just your voting for opposition, any opposition against the PAP

Singaporeans must do much more than just relying on their single vote.

UNDER THE FUCKING PAP, SINKIES ARE 4TH CLASS CITIZENS IN THEIR OWN LAND STOLEN FROM THEM BY PAP
PAPs ARE THE 2ND CLASS CITIZENS WITH THE LEE FAMILY AS THE FIRST CLASS ARISTOCRAZIES

FTs ARE TAKEN IN AS THE 3RD CLASS CITIZENS KICKING SINKIES INTO 4TH CLASS AND SINKIES GOOD ONLY TO GO
HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLES UP HIGH HIGH TO BE FUCKED AND TIEWED BY PAPs LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THEIR BANKS.

YOU MUST CANVAS FOR THE OPPOSITION, ANY OPPOSITION , BY TALKING TO YOUR FRIENDS AND THOSE IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
UNITE ALL OF THEM TO VOTE OUT THE PAP AGAINST THEIR FUCKING FTs THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO PACK IN TO STEAL YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR CHILDREN FUTURE

TALK TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS , AND TO PEOPLE THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW
TELL THEM ALL TO TALK TO THEIR FRIENDS AND EVEN TO PEOPLE THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW

LET US REGAIN BACK OUR SINGAPORE FROM THE STINKAPORE THE PAPs ARE CREATING AT THE EXPENSE OF ALL OF US

STOP THE FUCKING PAPs FROM LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THEIR FUCKING BANKS AND BACK FROM THEIR FUCKING BANKS