• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

★ Bundesliga Season 2015-16 ★

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wolfsburg complete Bruno Henrique signing

29 January 2016

999763header.jpg

Wolfsburg have strengthened their attacking options for the second half of the Bundesliga campaign with the signing of Bruno Henrique from Goias.

The 25-year-old arrives in Germany having signed a contract until 2019 and could be available for Wolfsburg's home clash with Cologne this weekend.

His addition comes as a boost for Dieter Hecking's side after losing Bas Dost to a foot injury in January, and Wolfsburg will hope he can build on the seven goals he scored last season for Goias in the Brazilian top flight.

Bruno Henrique was delighted to have agreed a switch to Europe and has vowed to help Wolfsburg end their five-game winless run in the league.

"I am very happy to be here," he told the club's official website. "It has always been my big dream to play in Germany.

"The Bundesliga is one of the strongest leagues in the world.

"I'll give everything now so I can also help the team in a timely manner."

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reus and Gundogan doubtful for Dortmund

29 January 2016

999723header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund may have to make do without the services of Ilkay Gundogan and Marco Reus when they take on Ingolstadt in the Bundesliga this weekend.

The duo are being plagued by illness ahead of Saturday's encounter and could be forced to sit out, while Marcel Schmelzer is also unlikely to feature.

Dortmund will close the gap to leaders Bayern Munich to five points with a victory, with Pep Guardiola's side not in action until their home meeting with Hoffenheim on Sunday.

"Ilkay Gundogan and Marco Reus have caught a virus and we will have to wait on how that pans out," Dortmund head coach Thomas Tuchel said at a media conference.

"Marcel Schmelzer is not feeling well either, so we might be without him as well. Erik Durm on the other hand is raring to go again and is a candidate to start."

Reus paid former Bayern doctor Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt a visit in midweek to have an adductor injury looked at, but Tuchel was quick to stress there is no fresh concern.

"Reus' visit to Muller-Wohlfahrt was a routine check-up," he added.

"We simply made the most of the opportunity now that we did not have an extra game in midweek. There is no problem."

Dortmund lost Adnan Januzaj and Jonas Hofmann this month to Manchester United and Borussia Monchengladbach respectively and Tuchel still hopes they can bring in at least one new attacker before the end of the January window, although he realises it will not be easy.

"We are very calm about the transfer market. The winter is complicated and a small window," he stressed.

"We allowed two players to leave, two attacking players, and I said it would be important for me to replace them with quality.

"That was my wish as a coach, but I knew how hard it is in the winter. The players you buy have to be released elsewhere."

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga Review: Aubameyang seals Dortmund win as Werder and Hertha draw in thriller

30 January 2016

1000445header.jpg

A Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang double saw Borussia Dortmund at least temporarily cut the gap to Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich with a 2-0 win over Ingolstadt, while Hertha Berlin played out a thrilling 3-3 draw at Werder Bremen.

Dortmund benefited from a stroke of good fortune when the referee ruled defender Mats Hummels had been fouled before inadvertently sending a backpass over the head of goalkeeper Roman Burki and into his own net.

And Aubameyang made the most of that reprieve, heading home a 77th-minute opener from close range and then making sure of the points with his second nine minutes later.

The win sees Dortmund pull within five points of Bayern, who host Hoffenheim on Sunday.

Dortmund also now have a 10-point advantage over third-placed Hertha after the capital club were left to settle for a share of the spoils from a thrilling encounter at the Weserstadion.

Vladimir Darida's stunning long-range effort and Marvin Plattenhardt's fine free-kick gave Hertha a 2-0 lead at half-time before Fin Bartels pulled one back for Werder with an excellent individual effort.

Salomon Kalou looked to have made the points safe as the Hertha forward restored their two-goal lead in the 71st minute, only for Werder to make sure of a draw with two goals in three minutes.

Claudio Pizarro converted a 75th-minute penalty after Anthony Ujah was fouled in the area and Santiago Garcia headed home the leveller from a corner two minutes later.

Despite their comeback, Werder occupy the relegation play-off place after Stuttgart recorded their third league win in a row in Saturday's late game, Artem Kravets' 88th-minute header ensuring a 2-1 victory over Hamburg.

Bayer Leverkusen and Schalke both leapfrogged Borussia Monchengladbach following their loss at Mainz on Friday.

Javier Hernandez took his tally for the season to 13 league goals with a brace - including one from spot - as Leverkusen beat bottom club Hannover 3-0 and Max Meyer and Leroy Sane were on target in Schalke's 2-0 success at Darmstadt.

Elsewhere, Augsburg drew 0-0 with Eintracht Frankfurt.

BasDost

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lewandowski not drawn on long-term Bayern future

31 January 2016

1000683header.jpg

Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski says he may not see out his career with the German champions, acknowledging the possibility of an exit amid links with Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.

The Poland international has been a reported target for both Madrid and PSG in recent weeks following Bayern president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge's admission that Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain was of interest to them.

Lewandowski's contract runs until 2019 and he will see coach Pep Guardiola depart at the end of the season to be replaced by Carlo Ancelotti.

Asked if he felt he would end his career at Bayern, the 27-year-old told Die Welt am Sonntag: "As a professional footballer, it's hard to say.

"Many times I have heard players say such a thing and then comes another coach and they were no longer in such high demand. Or they got a very interesting offer.

"In any case, I feel very well at Bayern and will always give everything for the team while I'm here. I focus exclusively on Bayern.

"Ever since I was 18, there have been enquiries and rumors and even then I learned to deal with it. I can shut it out, it does not distract me.

"For me, this has become normal. However, it does not interest me."

Guardiola brought Lewandowski to the Allianz Arena in 2014, with the Pole furthering his reputation as one of the best out-and-out strikers in the world.

While the Spaniard's impending exit has fuelled speculation over Lewandowski's future, the former Borussia Dortmund man remains focused on ending the season strongly.

"[Guardiola's exit is] a long way off," he added. "We now all know that Pep leaves the club in the summer but, until then, we are a unit.

"And we want to celebrate another title with him at the end of the season. That's why I concentrate fully on this season.

"Under Pep I always learned something new, especially in terms of tactics."

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Javi Martinez calms serious injury fears

31 January 2016

1000866header.jpg

Bayern Munich's Javi Martinez has moved to calm fears that he has suffered a potentially serious injury.

The 27-year-old was left out of the matchday squad to face Hoffenheim on Sunday and conflicting reports in Germany and Spain suggested he could be out for between four weeks and three months after damaging a knee ligament again.

While Martinez has not offered a more accurate time frame on his recovery, he has stressed the problem is not a serious one and expects to make a return to action sooner than feared.

"Thank you all for caring! fortunately it's not a serious injury #Backsoon," he posted via his official Twitter account.

Bayern are struggling for defensive numbers, with Jerome Boateng having been ruled out for three months with a groin tear and Medhi Benatia still battling muscle problems after missing much of the campaign so far.

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Robben hits out at Bayern 'mole'

arjenrobben-cropped_f608x9p5c90g17xp72twsjxdo.jpg

By Alex Fisher
Feb 2, 2016 16:23:28

The Netherlands international has hit out at an "unprofessional" team-mate who has been accused of leaking information to the media

Arjen Robben has hit out at an apparent 'mole' in the Bayern Munich dressing room amid speculation that Pep Guardiola's relationship with his squad has turned sour.

Last month, reports suggested that a number of key players at Bayern have had enough of Guardiola's strict approach, with the Spaniard's announcement that he is to leave the club at the end of the season also thought to have affected squad harmony.

Guardiola has denied such speculation, and forward Robben is unhappy with the leak.

"The player who has been leaking information to the press should take a good look at himself in the mirror," Robben was quoted as saying by Sport1.

"This is all rather painful. This has happened three or four times now since I joined Bayern.

"When you are a professional, you simply don't do things like that. But I also played for Chelsea and Madrid and unfortunately stuff like this happens everywhere."

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Vidal to sue newspaper over drinking claims

3 February 2016

1002723header.jpg

Arturo Vidal is to launch legal action against German publication Sport Bild over claims he drank alcohol during the training camp in Qatar.

The report said that Vidal arrived for a handful of training sessions during Bayern's mid-season trip to Doha after drinking.

The claims follow previous reports that Vidal is at the centre of dressing-room unrest within Pep Guardiola's squad, with the head coach allegedly unimpressed with the Chile international's fitness levels.

But Vidal has hit back angrily at the allegations and insists he is fully committed to the club.

c1qthnU.jpg

"I would like to say that the 'news' published today in a German newspaper are [sic] absolutely false," he wrote in a statement released via Twitter.

"My lawyers have been already instructed to initiate a legal claim against the newspaper, which will be responsible of [sic] their lies.

"I'm 100 per cent committed to my team and preparing the rest of the season that will be very important for all of us.

"Thanks to my club for their support and also thanks to all my fans that show me all their love as always."

Sporting director Matthias Sammer later accused the media of attempting to "degrade" Bayern through false allegations and said the relationship between player and club remained strong.

"It is not the truth," he said, speaking at a media conference on Wednesday. "Our relationship with Arturo is very good and he told us that all the rumours are fake.

"The media tries to build a situation that degrades us in the Bundesliga. But the entire disturbance will make us stronger as a team."

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Matthaus conflicted over Guardiola exit

3 February 2016

1002863header.jpg

Former Bayern Munich star Lothar Matthaus has criticised Pep Guardiola's methods and questioned his motives for leaving the club – although he wishes the coach was staying at the Allianz Arena.

Guardiola confirmed in December he will leave Bayern at the end of the season and, with the Bundesliga champions on course for a fourth consecutive title, Manchester City announced this week the 45-year-old will become their manager from 2016-17 on a three-year deal.

Matthaus suggested Guardiola's switch to the Etihad Stadium is motivated by money but, despite also claiming the Catalan's tactical approach is a source of "confusion", he believes the ex-Barcelona boss is one of the finest coaches in the world.

"Perhaps he wanted a new challenge," Matthaus told Sky Sports. "Of course I can understand Pep - his salary must be insane. And he wants to experience something new - despite the fact that he already had the best team in Europe.

"Bayern fulfilled every wish, no matter what Guardiola wanted: the players, the coaches and even the doctors.

"He caused much disturbance off the field. But he is one of the best coaches on the planet. With the amount of money in circulation, I can understand Pep.

"I am one of his critics, but I would have loved to see him in Munich for a longer time. He was always interesting and entertaining for the journalists. He improved the team in many areas, but on the other hand he caused confusion, [which] many people didn't understand."

Guardiola's tactical innovations in Bavaria included deploying defenders Philipp Lahm and David Alaba in midfield roles – moves that have earned widespread acclaim but are not to Matthaus's taste.

"I don't like his system, it changes during the game," he explained. "He uses players in different positions, even if they could play better with their normal position.

"I wouldn't want to play as [a] left forward if I normally play right-back. For example David Alaba had to play as [a] central midfielder, despite the fact that he played his best games as [a] left-back.

"But you have to accept that. Guardiola was always successful, but in Munich he didn't win the Champions League."

Concluding his mixed appraisal of Guardiola, Matthaus added: "He should have signed another contract in Munich. He can work with a top team and the trust from the Bayern officials. But after his contract expired, he had every right to sign somewhere else."

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lewandowski agent confirms Bayern contract talks

7 February 2016

1005050header.jpg

Robert Lewandowski has begun talks with Bayern Munich over a new contract, his agent has announced.

The Poland international has been linked with a possible move to Real Madrid or Paris Saint-Germain at the end of the season, with Karl-Heinz Rummenigge fuelling speculation over the striker's future last month when the Bayern CEO admitted interest in Gonzalo Higuain.

Cezary Kucharski, the striker's representative, has denied Madrid or PSG made an approach during the latest transfer window and has revealed that negotiations are underway over a new deal at the Allianz Arena.

"Yes, we've started talking. I can confirm this," he told Polsat Sport. "I won't talk about specifics, because it's confidential.

"Real have not conducted talks over a transfer. It's just speculation. Rumours around Robert show what a player he is. He's known not only in Poland or Germany, but throughout Europe.

"There are no talks with PSG. The English write about English clubs, the French about PSG, the Spaniards Real Madrid, and Juventus in Italy. In each country a great club is linked with Robert.

"But Lewandowski is at a team that suits him, and there is no need to change anything.

"I know Rummenigge is aware that Lewy is a great player, who has great value for Bayern, and how such a boy should be rewarded."

Lewandowski has scored 27 goals in 29 appearances in all competitions for Bayern this season.

BasDost

Alfrescian
Loyal

No problems with Kagawa says Dortmund boss Tuchel

8 February 2016

1005571header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel has dismissed suggestions of a rift with Shinji Kagawa after he left the playmaker out of his matchday squad for the 0-0 draw at Hertha Berlin.

Japan international Kagawa was substituted after 55 minutes of the previous weekend's 2-0 victory over Ingolstadt and did not feature in Tuchel's matchday 18 in the German capital on Saturday.

Kagawa will hope for a recall in Tuesday's DFB-Pokal quarter-final tie at Stuttgart and Tuchel has kept the player informed of his thoughts.

"Obviously I talked with Shinji about not calling him up for Berlin. Those decisions are part of the game," he said.

"Leaving Kagawa out wasn't a part of my general agenda. It doesn't always have to be seen as a scolding.

"I didn't have the feeling that Shinji's mind is free enough to play on his full potential on Saturday.

"We invested a lot on Saturday. We had a lot of intense runs and sprints, but we will field the best available team.

"We don't have to rotate yet because of the strain. We will field the team that is tactically best suited versus Stuttgart."

A player Tuchel did not see eye-to-eye with was Kevin Grosskreutz - the midfielder who could face his former club for the first time having moved to Stuttgart in January via Galatasaray, where he failed to make an appearance.

Grosskreutz was sold to the Turkish club in September following a public spat with Tuchel, who followed the lead of Germany coach Joachim Low in questioning the 27-year-old's professionalism.

"There was never doubt about Grosskreutz's potential," Tuchel said.

"We disagreed over the ETA of his comeback [from injury] - he wasn't in good physical condition."

Last month, Low stated Grosskreutz was not in contention for a place in his Euro 2016 squad.

Speaking at a German Football League event, Low said: "I was in Istanbul and talked with the Galatasaray coach, who told me that Kevin flew home nearly every weekend from Friday to Sunday.

"You don't do that when you are part of a team. I have limited comprehension over how he has handled his career."

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga record-breaker Nagelsmann replaces Stevens at Hoffenheim

11 February 2016 17:16

1007205header.jpg

Julian Nagelsmann has become the youngest head coach in Bundesliga history after beginning his tenure at Hoffenheim earlier than planned.

The 28-year-old agreed a three-year contract last October to take the reins from the start of the 2016-17 campaign, with veteran Dutch coach Huub Stevens installed on a short-term deal at the same time

But Stevens resigned on Wednesday due to a heart condition, meaning Nagelsmann will be in charge for the crunch relegation clash against Werder Bremen on Sunday.

Hoffenheim lie second bottom of the Bundesliga having won only two matches all season. They are seven points from outright safety and five behind Werder, who currently languish 16th in the relegation play-off spot.

"I am aware of the task ahead - a huge challenge. I don't fear it though," Nagelsmann said. "I'm looking forward to working with the team and being able to add a new stimulus with my approach."

Nagelsmann, who played for 1860 Munich and Augsburg at youth level before knee injuries ended his career, led Hoffenheim to the final of the German A-Youth Championship in each of the past two years, lifting the crown in 2014.

He was also assistant first-team coach at Hoffenheim for the second half of the 2012-13 season.

Stevens won only one of his 10 matches in charge at the club.

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola: No problem with Ancelotti´s Munich visit

12 February 2016 12:57

1007597header.jpg

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has stressed that he does not have a problem with Carlo Ancelotti's visit to Munich this week to meet senior club officials.

Ancelotti will replace Guardiola as the man in charge at the Allianz Arena at the end of the season and travelled to Germany on Thursday to chat with Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and discuss their plans for 2016-17 and beyond.

Guardiola did not get to meet his successor, but he is adamant he does not have any issues that Bayern have already started planning for next term.

"I did not meet Ancelotti," the Bayern coach said at a media conference.

"I was in Bochum for the DFB-Pokal game and was with my family after the match.

"But it is only normal that he paid a visit to Munich. That is not a problem for me at all."

Bayern saw off Bochum in midweek to reach the semi-finals of the DFB-Pokal and a busy few weeks await as the Champions League returns as well, with Bayern set to take on Juventus later this month.

"I like it when we play a lot of games, I need a busy schedule," Guardiola added.

"Everybody is on the same wavelength in times like these and fully focussed on the job at hand.

"There is simply no time to think about other things."

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Borussia Dortmund announce Merino capture

15 February 2016 17:33

1009446header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund have announced the signing of Mikel Merino, who will complete the move from Osasuna on July 1 for a fee believed to be in the region of €5 million.

The Bundesliga outfit attempted to bring in the Spain Under-19 international in January, but the transfer fell through as they refused to meet Osasuna's valuation of the midfielder.

However, the clubs have since agreed terms and Merino penned a deal at Signal Iduna Park until June 2021 on Monday.

"Mikel is one of Spain's biggest talents. We are very happy to have completed his transfer for next season," sporting director Michael Zorc said.

Merino was part of the Spain U-19 team that won the European title last year and has been a key figure for Osasuna this campaign.

"Borussia Dortmund are a big club in European football," he told Dortmund's website.

"I feel honoured that I will soon be playing for BVB. This club represent a special way of football and play in one of the most impressive stadiums in Europe."

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sammer defends Guardiola over Manchester City announcement

15 February 2016 13:57

1009325header.jpg

Bayern Munich sporting director Matthias Sammer has defended Pep Guardiola over the timing of the announcement that the coach will leave to join Manchester City.

The Bundesliga champions were keen to keep Guardiola beyond the expiry of his deal, but announced in December the Spaniard will leave the club at the end of the season.

It was confirmed this month the 45-year-old will take charge of City for the 2016-17 Premier League campaign.

Former Bayern midfielder Dietmar Hamann heavily criticised Guardiola for "misleading" the club and "taking them for a ride", but Sammer is adamant the former Barcelona coach has always behaved correctly.

"I have to clarify one thing and that is that Pep Guardiola is one of the most correct people out there. I work with him every day," Sammer was quoted as saying by TZ.

"Of course, he can be emotional every now and then, but you can always take him for his word.

"People are reading too much into all this. It's nonsense to say the timing of his announcement was wrong. We deliberately chose for this moment and communicated things as they should have been communicated.

"I don't understand why people are turning this into a talking point. All coaches have certain characteristics. Pep is the way he is and is completely reliable. I enjoy working with him."

Sammer also praised Robert Lewandowski's professionalism amid reports linking the striker with a move away from the club.

"I am happy that the silly transfer rumours are not distracting Lewandowski," he said.

"You can never take that for granted, but he is doing fantastic. He is showing his professionalism."

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Robben: I will get better

15 February 2016 23:48

arjenrobben-cropped_1n7ffxoconkgr1neflr0kxw2z0.jpg

Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben feels he is approaching his best once more after returning from the Bundesliga's mid-season break having recovered from a range of injuries that have hampered his campaign.

Robben has only made 11 appearances in the league this season and is yet to score in 2016, but the Dutchman is confident the tide is turning.

"I'm coming in and getting better," he told Kicker.

"I can see that, against Bochum in the cup last Wednesday, it was good and it was good again today [in Sunday's 3-1 Bundesliga win against Augsburg]. I was happy with my game.

"The collaboration with Thomas Muller and Philipp Lahm on the right side feels good and at the end I could have scored a goal."

Robben said the team was committed to delivering a good result for team-mate Holger Badstuber, who suffered a broken ankle in training on Saturday.

"It was a shock, but we have to try and put it into positive energy and create a win for Holger," he said.

"We did that and that is the character of this team. As painful as these injures are, you have to solve these problems.

"The team is together."

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wolfsburg defender Jung suffers torn cruciate ligament

sebastian-jung_1249sn23wt7651ci5lg9risanm.jpg

By Joe Wright
Feb 18, 2016 18:28:01

The full-back faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines after picking up the injury against Gent and coach Dieter Hecking has admitted it is a very big blow for the Bundesliga side

Wolfsburg defender Sebastian Jung has suffered a torn cruciate ligament, the Bundesliga club have confirmed.

The right-back was forced off late in the first half of Wolfsburg's 3-2 Champions League last-16 win at Gent on Wednesday.

And Wolfsburg released a statement on Thursday announcing that Jung has torn the ACL in his left knee, meaning he faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Head coach Dieter Hecking told the club's official website: "The injury is very bitter for us and Sebi. We wish him a speedy recovery."

The 25-year-old, who has made 16 appearances in all competitions in 2015-16, added: "I'd planned a lot for the second half of the season and now must digest the shock that I cannot help the team achieve our goals.

"I'll do everything in order to be healthy and on the pitch again as soon as possible."

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hamburg confirm Subotic interest

18 February 2016

1011021header.jpg

Hamburg sporting director Peter Knabel has confirmed interest in signing Neven Subotic from Borussia Dortmund.

Subotic is reported to have been a long-term target for Hamburg, despite the 27-year-old being limited to just three Bundesliga appearances this season due to persistent back problems.

Knabel has confirmed the club considered making a bid for the centre-back in the previous transfer window, and he remains on their radar.

"We have looked into this matter in the winter. Subotic is one of the most prominent players on our radar," the Hamburg executive told Hamburger Morgenpost.

"The player is in a difficult situation. We are aware. He wants to play and, naturally, wonders about his future. But we have confidence in our squad."

Subotic impressed in the 1-0 win over Hannover last Saturday – his first Bundesliga start since the 2-1 win over Wolfsburg on December 5.

The Serbian has also been linked to a reunion with former coach Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool.

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hitzfeld intrigued by Nagelsmann appointment

18 February 2016

1011189header.jpg

Ottmar Hitzfeld is convinced Julian Nagelsmann is assertive enough to lead Hoffenheim and is intrigued to see how he will cope with the pressures of senior management.

Nagelsmann, 28, was initially due to take charge ahead of the 2016-17 season but replaced Huub Stevens, who resigned due to health problems, on February 11 to become the youngest coach in Bundesliga history.

The new boss guided Hoffenheim to a 1-1 draw away at fellow strugglers Werder Bremen in his first game in charge last Saturday.

Former Bayern Munich coach Hitzfeld is confident Nagelsmann has the attributes required to succeed, but believes the major tests will be how he reacts to the trials and tribulations of the job.

He told Omnisport: "I don't think that it is a regular thing to become a head coach in the Bundesliga under the age of 30. I think that this is a great exception, but my colleague Nagelsmann has done a great job training youth teams.

"He is a talent in coaching, has clear ideas and he has to be a strong personality, especially when you are still young and lead a team. Then you need a lot of authority and assertiveness. It seems like he has all of that. Otherwise the club would not have such faith in him.

"I think [being a young coach] always has advantages and disadvantages. If you are older, you have more [of a] routine, more experience, you made it through rough times, you know how the media reacts if you have problems, you know what factors matter to lead a team, if maybe the team itself falls apart and the success won't come.

"But on the other hand, if you are young you communicate with the players easier, you understand them, what also can become a problem, because sometimes you have to take tough decisions.

"If you are brand new, every player is highly motivated, sees his chance and fights for it. After five or six weeks the team stands again, they are well-rehearsed, hierarchies develop again.

"Then you have the starting players on the one side, and the bench players on the other. That becomes a problem for each coach over the time."

BasDost

Alfrescian
Loyal

Referee halts Leverkusen - Dortmund clash

21 February 2016

1012792header.jpg

Bayer Leverkusen's home clash with Borussia Dortmund was held up for more than 10 minutes in the second half after the referee took the teams from the field following Roger Schmidt's refusal to accept his sending off.

Leverkusen skipper Stefan Kiessling was twice told to tell Schmidt to leave, but the coach, who had been angered by a quickly-taken free-kick that led to Dortmund's opening goal, refused.

Confusion then briefly reigned as the officials headed for the tunnel, followed by both teams.

The game eventually resumed, with Dortmund leading 1-0, with Schmidt in the stands.

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Heidel to replace Heldt as Schalke´s sporting director

21 February 2016

1012906header.jpg

Schalke have announced Christian Heidel will take over as the club's sporting director.

Heidel, who is employed in the same role at Mainz, will begin working at Schalke in time for the start of next season.

Schalke's supervisory board chairman Clemens Tonnies highlighted the Bundesliga knowledge Heidel will bring to the club.

"We are convinced that Christian Heidel, with his undoubted sport expertise and experience, his proven leadership and his positive aura, is the man for FC Schalke 04," he said.

Heidel, who has been at Mainz for 24 years, will be succeeding Horst Heldt, Schalke's sporting director since 2010.

"It was definitely a quick decision, because all things were exchanged that needed to be exchanged," Heidel told Sky.

"I always told Clemens Tonnies that I would like to get to know all of the gentlemen on the board of directors.

"It only makes sense if they are all agreed on the path over the next few years. If that is not the case, then all of this does not make any sense."