• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

★ Bundesliga Season 2015-16 ★

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

Schalke reject Roma´s Kolasinac bid

26 August 2015 13:43

899527header.jpg

Schalke general manager Horst Heldt has rejected a bid from Roma for Bosnia-Herzegovina defender Sead Kolasinac.

The Serie A club are in the market for a left-back after Jose Holebas' departure to Watford and coach Rudi Garcia freezing Ashley Cole out of his first-team plans.

And they have turned to Kolasinac, who returned from a serious knee injury to make a handful of appearances at the backend of last season for Schalke.

Heldt told a news conference on Wednesday: "Roma has issued an offer for Sead Kolasinac. We have met together and rejected it."

Kolasinac is the latest player to emerge on the radar of a Serie A club, with Juventus reportedly determined to sign Julian Draxler from the Veltins-Arena before the transfer deadline passes.

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Schmidt saddened as Son nears exit

27 August 2015 08:41

899980header.jpg

Bayer Leverkusen head coach Roger Schmidt says he is disappointed by the timing of Son Heung-min's likely departure for Tottenham but does not begrudge the South Korea international seeking a move to the Premier League.

Leverkusen's sporting director Rudi Voller has confirmed the 23-year-old forward, who missed his team's 3-0 win in the second leg of their UEFA Champions League play-off at home to Lazio on Wednesday, has undergone a medical at Spurs.

Mauricio Pochettino's north London side have reportedly submitted a bid of €30million for the former Hamburg man, who has made 44 appearances for his country's senior national team.

Speaking after guiding his side into the group stage of the Champions League courtesy of a 3-1 aggregate victory, Schmidt described Son's desire to move on as inevitable, although he is far from happy at the prospect of losing a key player so early in the new season, particularly given the transfer window is set to slam shut on Tuesday.

"I think it's a sad story," he said.

"I can certainly understand that a player thinks about his career and would like to change at the right time. This is absolutely legitimate and ok. This is football business.

"But he was integrated and settled in this team very well, emotionally too, I would have wished that this story would finished another way."

Voller meanwhile attributed Son's absence from the winning team at the BayArena to illness and insisted any potential transfer is yet to be finalised, with the former Germany international holding out hope of retaining a prized asset.

"There is a request and there are talks. But nothing is done," he said.

"Son would not have played today anyway, he was sick at the weekend already. At this moment he is our player. I saw many medicals in this business where there was no deal afterwards."

Leverkusen, who will learn their Champions League group-stage opponents when the draw for the next stage is made on Thursday, are away to title-holders Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga on Saturday, while Son's suitors Spurs host Everton later the same day in the Premier League.

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thiago signs new Bayern deal

27 August 2015 10:07

900000header.jpg

Thiago Alcantara has put pen to paper on a two-year contract extension with Bayern Munich, the Bundesliga champions have announced.

Spain midfielder Thiago joined Bayern from Barcelona in 2013, but has endured a tough time with injuries since moving to Germany, making just 41 first-team appearances over his two seasons with the club.

However, Bayern say the 24-year-old - who has featured as a substitute in their first two Bundesliga games of the campaign - is now fully fit and have rewarded him with a new deal that runs until 2019.

Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said: "We are happy that Thiago chose to stay long term at Bayern.

"He is young and an important player for the future of the club."

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

De Bruyne to City not a done deal - Allofs

27 August 2015 14:44

900128header.jpg

Reports that Kevin De Bruyne's switch from Wolfsburg to Manchester City has been agreed are wide of the mark, according to the Bundesliga club's sporting director.

Klaus Allofs spoke out on Thursday to reject talk that a deal was in place to take the Belgium international to the Premier League, though he did concede that negotiations for the former Chelsea midfielder were in progress.

"When I see, today or yesterday, that there were breaking news reporting that Kevin De Bruyne's move to Manchester City is official with transfer fees which were reported then I can only say: That's wrong," said Allofs. "There is no agreement with Manchester City.

"What I can confirm is that we have negotiations with Man City after we found out that we can't convince Kevin to fulfil his contract or at least stay for one more year.

"After we failed to convince him we said 'okay, we have to negotiate', and that's what we did. But again the clear statement: There is no agreement and at the moment he is a player of VfL Wolfsburg he will practice just as usual.

"That's the situation."

De Bruyne, 24, shone for Wolfsburg last season, scoring 10 goals and assisting a remarkable 20 as the club finished second.

He also scored in the final when Wolfsburg beat Borussia Dortmund to win the DFB-Pokal and was subsequently voted German football's player of the year.

Ibisevic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern loan Coman from Juventus

30 August 2015 15:47

901940header.jpg

Juventus winger Kingsley Coman has left the Serie A champions to join Bundesliga holders Bayern Munich on a two-year loan deal.

Bayern will pay a loan fee reaching €15million for Coman and also have the option to make the move permanent for €21m at any time up until April 30, 2017.

The 19-year-old France Under-21 international made 22 appearances for Juventus in all competitions last term after joining on a Bosman deal from Paris Saint-Germain.

His solitary goal in Italian football came in a 6-1 Coppa Italia win over Verona last season.

Coman follows Arturo Vidal to Bayern after the Chile midfielder completed his own move from Juventus last month.

"I'm looking forward to Munich and playing for FC Bayern,” commented Coman. "I want to take the next step in my career here and play my part in two successful years for FC Bayern."

Philipp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Paderborn swoop for Kirch

30 August 2015 16:11

901925header.jpg

Paderborn have completed the signing of midfielder Oliver Kirch from Borussia Dortmund.

The 33-year-old has signed a two-year contract and will bolster Paderborn’s bid for an instant return to the Bundesliga following their relegation last term.

Kirch, who counts Borussia Monchengladbach and Kaiserslautern among his former clubs, made 30 appearances in all competitions for Dortmund over the past two seasons.

"With Oliver Kirch we gain another strong player who has proven his efficiency with numerous renowned clubs.” Paderborn head coach Markus Gellhaus told his club’s official website.

Sporting director Michael Born added: "Oliver brings high footballing quality and a lot of experience to Paderborn.”

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dante completes Wolfsburg move

31 August 2015 17:34

902620header.jpg

Dante has completed his move from Bayern Munich to Wolfsburg for an undisclosed fee.

Bayern revealed on Sunday that the 31-year-old Brazil centre-back was set to sign a three-year deal with Dieter Hecking's side after falling out of favour under Pep Guardiola.

Dante had been linked with a return to Borussia Monchengladbach, while Manchester United were among the other clubs reportedly keen to sign the experienced defender.

Wolfsburg have now confirmed that Dante has finalised his switch ahead of Monday's transfer deadline to end his three-year stay at the Allianz Arena.

Dante won the Bundesliga title in each of his three seasons with the Bavarian giants following his move from Gladbach.

He was also a UEFA Champions League winner two years ago and twice lifted the DFB-Pokal during a trophy-laden spell at Bayern.

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga Deadline Day: Draxler in record Wolfsburg switch, Leverkusen and Dortmund land United men

31 August 2015 20:21

902754header.jpg

Wolfsburg smashed their transfer record to sign Julian Draxler on a busy deadline day in the Bundesliga for Dieter Hecking's side.

Germany winger Draxler arrived at the Volkswagen Arena a day after Kevin De Bruyne had left to join Manchester City in a big-money move and Ivan Perisic joined Inter.

The 21-year-old Draxler moved for an undisclosed fee, reported to be €35 million plus add-ons, with Schalke confirming that the sum was the biggest they had received for a player.

Wolfsburg also wrapped up the signing of centre-back Dante from Bayern Munich on a three-year contract.

The fee paid for Brazil international Dante was also undisclosed, while Tottenham winger Ismail Azzaoui was another new face to arrive at Wolfsburg on deadline day.

Wolfsburg allowed midfielder Aaron Hunt to leave the club, as he sealed a switch to Hamburg on a three-year deal.

Bayer Leverkusen bolstered their strikeforce by signing Javier Hernandez from Manchester United on a three-year contract.

The Mexico striker spent last season on loan at Real Madrid and will now ply his trade in the Bundesliga for the first time.

Another player leaving United to make the move to Germany is winger Adnan Januzaj, who joined Borussia Dortmund on loan for the rest of the season.

Robbie Kruse left Leverkusen to link up with Stuttgart on a one-year loan deal, while Augsburg landed South Korea midfielder Koo Ja-cheol from Mainz on a two-year contract.

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Blaszczykowski joins Fiorentina on season-long loan

31 August 2015 22:02

902835header.jpg

Jakub Blaszczykowski has moved from Borussia Dortmund to Fiorentina on a season-long loan.

The Poland international moved to Signal Iduna Park from Wisla Krakow in 2007 and was part of the Dortmund teams that won the Bundesliga in 2010-11 and 2011-12 as well as reaching the UEFA Champions League final in 2012-13.

However, injuries restricted the winger to just 20 appearances in all competitions last season and he has yet to play for Dortmund under new coach Thomas Tuchel this campaign.

"Kuba is not only a great football player, but also a wonderful person," Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc said.

"For him it is important to gather a lot of match practice ahead of the 2016 European Championship. We wish him well in his sporting future in Florence.

"Kuba has given outstanding service to Dortmund and celebrated great success with our club and will remain a part of the BVB family forever."

Ibisevic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Boateng: Everyone at Bayern wants Guardiola to stay

1864962_heroa.jpg

Sep 3, 2015 11:41:00

The Spaniard has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League in recent months, but the centre-back maintains that the squad are desperate for him to remain in Germany

By Christoph Köckeis

Jerome Boateng says the Bayern Munich squad are desperate for Pep Guardiola to remain at the club amid speculation over his future.

The former Barcelona boss has won two Bundesliga titles, one DFB-Pokal, the Uefa Super Cup and the Fifa Club World Cup since taking over in Bavaria in 2013.

Speculation persists that he may be tempted by a move to the Premier League, however, with Manchester City repeatedly mooted as potential suitors.

Boateng, though, insists that he and his team-mates are keen for Guardiola to remain at the Allianz Arena.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with Goal, the defender said: “It's hard to say. My feeling is, that he gives everything for the club. We notice that in the training.

“He wants to make everyone better and make us better as a team. That's the priority at the moment.

“He, his family and the people from FC Bayern must decide what will happen in the future. We all want him to stay.”

Guardiola has endured a somewhat frosty relationship with the media in recent months, but Boateng insists that the Spaniard is different behind the scenes.

"He is very ambitious and lives football. All the rest isn't true. Many things come from the people outside the club. For us, that is no issue,” he added.

“But I think, it's normal how he reacts, because the people don't see how we train and work.

“They don’t take in our discussions and don’t know how we want to play. I think some of them should restrain a little bit.”

Philipp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern pulled out of De Bruyne deal - agent

kevin-de-bruyne-wolfsburg_1bwpswyqm7z6r19gnqahixjchh.jpg

By Alec Fenn
Sep 3, 2015 10:45:57

The midfielder left Wolfsburg for Manchester City shortly before the end of the transfer window, but came close to moving to the Allianz Arena

Kevin De Bruyne's agent has revealed Bayern Munich were interested in signing his client before pulling out of a deal earlier this summer.

The midfielder left Wolfsburg for Manchester City in a €74 million transfer, but the Premier League club faced competition for his signature prior to sealing the move.

"We had heard that Bayern were interested so I phoned the club," Patrick de Koster told Sporza.be.

"Things then accelerated quickly over the next two days but then Bayern decided not to go ahead with the transfer.

"I didn't use Bayern to drive up the price - I'm not a carpet salesman. PSG were also interested, but City won the race."

De Koster also revealed how City rolled out the red carpet to ensure they got their star man.

"It was impressive, as in a movie," he continued. "We flew there with private jets, were picked up in limousines..."

"We also thought we would have a lot of work to find a new home, open a bank account, arrange phone, a car ... but in three hours it was all arranged. Unbelievable."

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern offer aid to refugees in ´training camp´

3 September 2015 15:32

904351header.jpg

Bayern Munich have announced plans to offer a "training camp" for refugees that will provide German classes, food and football equipment.

Europe, and Germany in particular, is witnessing an influx of displaced persons and the Bundesliga champions are seeking to help address the issue, pledging €1million to support refugee projects.

The funds will be raised from a friendly match, while at Bayern's next home match – on September 12 against Augsburg – players will walk onto the field with a refugee child, aiming to "set an example for the integration of refugees".

"We at FC Bayern consider it our socio-political responsibility to help displaced and needy children, women and men, supporting and assisting them in Germany," said chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

The plans drew praise from Bavarian interior minister Joachim Herrmann, who said: "This is a wonderful and exemplary programme which I fully welcome and support – another magnificent example of the willingness to help and welcoming culture in our country."

Meanwhile, the Celtic FC Foundation confirmed that its share of the monies from Sunday's Jock Stein 30th anniversary events will be "devoted to assisting those people affected by the current refugee crisis".

Alaba

Alfrescian
Loyal

I never considered Bayern exit - Gotze

4 September 2015 04:37

904707header.jpg

Midfielder Mario Gotze insists he never considered leaving Bayern Munich and he is confident he can shine under Pep Guardiola.

The Germany international was heavily linked with a move away from the Bundesliga champions in the close-season.

Juventus, Manchester United and Arsenal were all said to be interested in Gotze, Germany's hero in the 2014 World Cup final.

Gotze, who is with the national team preparing for Euro 2016 qualifiers against Poland and Scotland, said he always wanted to stay at Bayern.

"For me it was never a topic to leave Bayern Munich. I feel good at Bayern," he said.

"I appreciate the fans, the manager, the team, everything. I had two good years, we've won titles.

"Of course sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

"I'm excited for the new season and I have high aims. I'll work on myself and try to get more minutes on the pitch. I'm optimistic.

"You should not forget that I came to Munich two years ago [from Borussia Dortmund] with an injury. Until today I had no further big injury, played a lot, played a tournament in Brazil.

"If you only watch my stats, they aren't bad. I'm just happy and I hope I will have many years in Munich without an injury. I will give the best - that's my attitude."

Gotze, who is contracted until mid-2017, has come off the bench in two of Bayern's three league wins to start the season.

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

Increase Bundesliga´s TV rights or be left behind - Rummenigge

4 September 2015 10:31

904748header.jpg

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has called for more competition in the bidding process for Bundesliga television rights to keep pace with the Premier League.

According to Deloitte, the Premier League has broken the £1billion mark for transfer spending in a single year for the first time in 2015, and Rummenigge is "concretely afraid" about the future competitiveness of the Bundesliga in regards to the UEFA Champions League.

With England's top tier spending a total of £870million this summer, almost double the next best (Serie A, £450m), Rummenigge wants the Bundesliga's TV rights deal to increase before they are left out of sight.

In England with Sky and BT challenging each other for the Premier League rights "the prices are going through the roof," according to Rummenigge.

The 59-year-old former striker has challenged ARD - a consortium of public broadcasters in Germany - to challenge Sky to drive the price up over €1bn in Germany.

"The ARD has allowed itself to lose the qualification matches of the national team and the Olympic rights," Rummenigge told Suddeutsche Zeitung.

He added: "There is a competition called Bundesliga, and there is no reason not to create a contest called television, especially with Pay TV."

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gala: No extra payment for Grosskreutz

4 September 2015 10:55

904764header.jpg

Galatasaray have denied a claim a claim that they paid Borussia Dortmund an extra €500,000 to ensure Kevin Grosskreutz could join them immediately despite not signing ahead of the transfer deadline.

The Germany midfielder's switch to Istanbul was not sealed before the Turkish Super Lig window closed on Monday, but Gala claimed that was down to FIFA's Transfer Matching System (TMS) crashing.

Gala lodged an appeal to the governing body, but were unsuccessful and so their new signing is unable to feature in competitive games until January.

Bild claimed that Gala stumped up an extra payment so that Grosskreutz would link up with his new club before 2016, but the Super Lig champions on Friday insisted that is not the case.

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

Robben out for four weeks

4 September 2015 18:09

904938header.jpg

Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben faces four weeks on the sidelines after picking up a groin injury in Netherlands' Euro 2016 qualifying defeat to Iceland.

The winger - making his first appearance since taking the captain's armband from Robin van Persie - limped off less than half an hour into the 1-0 defeat in Amsterdam.

Robben, already replaced by Sunderland's Jeremain Lens in the Dutch squad, has struggled with injuries throughout his career and was even forced to deny he missed Bayern's pre-season tour of China with a fitness issue.

The 31-year-old was clearly frustrated after his limited contribution on Thursday.

"It's really incomprehensible," he told NOS. "Specialists will now begin to say that I am prone to injury.

"But I was very fit and started super sharp in the competition."

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dortmund legend Dede backs Tuchel to succeed

4 September 2015 18:52

904963header.jpg

Former Borussia Dortmund star Dede has backed Thomas Tuchel to replicate the success of his predecessor Jurgen Klopp.

Tuchel has won all eight of his competitive fixtures in charge of Dortmund so far, with his side currently sitting top of the early Bundesliga standings.

Dede, who won two Bundesliga titles during a 13-year stint at Dortmund between 1998 and 2011, will make a farewell appearance at the Signal Iduna Park on Saturday, with a 'National XI' - including the likes of Jens Lehmann and Torsten Frings - facing off against a 'World XI'.

"He [Tuchel] is very good," Dede, currently assistant coach at Turkish club Eskisehirspor, told Perform.

"It's a different time with a new coach. He needs time, but until now he has done a very good job.

"He changed a few things, every new coach brings new things into the club. But I think he'll have good years at Dortmund.

Dede also believes Adnan Januzaj will shine in the Bundesliga following his loan switch from Manchester United - which was confirmed on transfer deadline day as Jakub Blaszczykowski left Dortmund to join Fiorentina on a temporary basis.

"Januzaj is a very good player, he will help Dortmund a lot and he will bring power into the play," said Dede, before going on to bemoan a lack of loyalty in football.

He added: "I think less players stay at one club a longer time, like Kuba [Blaszczykowski], or like Raul at Real Madrid or Steven Gerrard at Liverpool, or me at Dortmund.

"I think that's a loss, all this emotional thing where money isn’t important.

"Of course everybody needs money, but there are things that are unpayable, like the love to one club and the fans."

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rummenigge re-elected as ECA chairman

karlheinzrummenigge-cropped_1j504y99vb67v16esvqmprfzjj.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Sep 8, 2015 20:23:13

The group representing European clubs has re-appointed the former West Germany international for another two years

Bayern Munich chief executive officer Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has been re-elected as the chairman of the European Club Association at Tuesday's general assembly in Geneva.

The 59-year-old will be supported by vice-chairmen Umberto Gandini from Milan, Pedro Lopez Jimenez from Real Madrid and Evgeni Giner from CSKA Moscow.

"I am delighted to be elected for another two-year term and re-appointed as chairman," Rummenigge commented on his re-election.

"ECA's achievements since its inception in 2008 are remarkable and make all of us very proud. We are a well-respected association and are taken seriously at all levels.

"With the support of all member clubs, the newly elected Executive Board will face the upcoming challenges with a lot of commitment to ensure that the clubs' voice continues to be heard."

Philipp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Piszczek out for 10 days with calf strain

7 September 2015 16:33

906601header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund full-back Lukasz Piszczek has been ruled of action for approximately 10 days with a calf strain.

The 30-year-old was brought off just before half-time in Poland's 3-1 Euro 2016 qualifying defeat to Germany on Friday.

He subsequently withdrew from the squad before Monday's fixture against Gilbraltar and returned to Dortmund.

Further tests have shown that the defender is set for a small period on the sidelines.

Piszczek will now miss Saturday's trip to Hannover and is also doubtful for the UEFA Europa League clash against Krasnodar on September 17.

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ingolstadt remaining grounded - Leckie

8 September 2015 09:16

906993header.jpg

Ingolstadt forward Mathew Leckie insists the newly-promoted Bundesliga outfit are not getting ahead of themselves after making an impressive start to the season.

Competing in Germany's top flight for the first time in the team's history but certainly not overawed, Ingolstadt have won two of their opening three matches.

Leckie was on target before the international break, with the Australia international's stunning long-range effort helping Ingolstadt to a 1-0 win at Augsburg and seventh spot in the Bundesliga standings.

Paderborn enjoyed a similar start to life in the Bundesliga last season, having earned promotion from the second tier, before they were relegated.

The North Rhine-Westphalia club started the campaign with two wins and two draws but only won three of their final 24 games as they were send back to 2.Bundesliga, and Leckie is determined to avoid a similar fate, with preserving Ingolstadt's top-flight status the number one priority.

"We are not going to get ahead of ourselves," the 24-year-old told Omnisport. "Two wins from three matches is very good. No one would have expected it.

"If we came into the season knowing we would have six points after three games we would have taken it definitely. But we know it is a very long season.

"Paderborn last season started very well but in the end got relegated, so we just have to take it weekend by weekend."

Ingolstadt could hardly have dreamed of a better start among Germany's elite, following wins on the road against Augsburg and Mainz on the opening weekend.

The team's only defeat came at home in the form of a 4-0 drubbing to league leaders Borussia Dortmund.

Coach Ralph Hasenhuttl's men. are back at Audi-Sportpark on Saturday against another Bundesliga hopeful Wolfsburg.

Last season's runners-up Wolfsburg - third in the table with two wins and one draw - boast a number of internationals after Julian Draxler and Bayern Munich star Dante arrived before the transfer window shut last month.

With that in mind, Leckie says the pressure is squarely on Wolfsburg to get a result against the league's newcomers.

"If you look at Wolfsburg and the players they have and then look at us, there is two different levels," Leckie added. "They are a class above and we are a team that has just come from the second division.

"There are a no expectations for us. These are not the matches we are expected to win. If we get a result it is a bonus because our objective this season is to stay in the league.

"But we are confident that if we play well we can score goals."