• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who are the new PAP scholar general candidates?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I mean through out the years, the ministers we've had come from the SAF. Why SPF men don't go into the PAP? They too chicken to hold Meet-the-people's sessions?

Many failed scholars in the SPF. How to be selected by MIW? Only HSK made it. Others in the so-so category includes HCH, Ang Wei Ning and Patrick Tay.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many failed scholars in the SPF. How to be selected by MIW? Only HSK made it. Others in the so-so category includes HCH, Ang Wei Ning and Patrick Tay.

No DAC or AC or Chief Commissioner ever did well during their time? No Superintendent want to be loyal to MIW?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

How do you appraise an SPF scholar ? On what criteria are they being judged as having failed ?

Last edited:

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I hazard a guess, it might be MG Perry Lim. There are currently 26 BGs in the SAF and I think there is some pressure to promote some to MG next year.

Wow, too many overpaid generals, the number of generals in SAF should be reduced.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do you appraise an SPF scholar ? On what criteria are they being judged as having failed ?

Simple. Where would a scholar be compared to his cohorts. Looks at the last 2 CPs. If anyone assessed that they passed their test, then, I dunno what to say.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple. Where would a scholar be compared to his cohorts. Looks at the last 2 CPs. If anyone assessed that they passed their test, then, I dunno what to say.

You are looking at the end result. I am wondering on what basis the people up there gauge if a particular SPF scholar can go far or hentak kaki. After all, all have impressive academic credentials. Okay, NJH had the opportunity to prove himself during the Little India Riot. You could say he failed. And the poor division commander too.

But how do you judge a scholar based on paperwork ?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leo Yip is out. Just moved to MHA as PS. Aubeck Kam maybe. One of the youngest to be appointed PS. His senior, Joo Hee only DS and his very, very senior Boon Hui bara Sr DS.

I speculate that both Leo Yip and Aubeck Kam may not be interested to serve as politicians.
I rather see them as senior civil servants.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are looking at the end result. I am wondering on what basis the people up there gauge if a particular SPF scholar can go far or hentak kaki. After all, all have impressive academic credentials. Okay, NJH had the opportunity to prove himself during the Little India Riot. You could say he failed. And the poor division commander too.

But how do you judge a scholar based on paperwork ?
From the little I know, the appraisal system for scholar is not important to them. It is their opportunity to shine. Once given, they must impress the mountain. By impressing the little mountain, if one is lucky, he gets to get into project work for big mountain.

One hit is enough. Once it is known that big mountain likes and announced that he is good, even his boss will be afraid of him and starts carrying him. From then on, even screw up made by the guy will be considered as a good screwed up.

Therefore, it is luck and how well that one can read the boss mind that is important. Always produce what the boss wants. Never be kai kian and give him what you think is right.

Just my imagination. Take it with a handful of salt.