• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Photos from this morning Changi South Road accident - Not for those with weak heart

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Re: Photos from this morning Changi South Road accident - Not for those with weak hea

I think the head wound is not going to make any difference whatsoever to his IQ.

I disagree. After this little incident, I would fire his ass if I were his boss.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Photos from Changi South Road accident - Not for those with weak heart

Electric cycles in the hands of unqualified cyclists are not to be on the roads.

This accident is sad

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

The fast and the stupid, he should have known to slow down at places where trucks move in and out of construction sites, if he did, he would still be alive today.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

The fast and the stupid, he should have known to slow down at places where trucks move in and out of construction sites, if he did, he would still be alive today.

Precisely. Never take for granted when passing by any premises' gate. A little patience saves lives.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Precisely. Never take for granted when passing by any premises' gate. A little patience saves lives.

I wonder whether he was hurt at the moment of impact.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ahhhh shit…that was a sad episode…but it was the cyclists fault….

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Photos from this morning Changi South Road accident - Not for those with weak hea

Hey froggy in Bangkok all the motorcyclists make their own rules. In theory I should see a similar scene every few minutes but for some reason, I spent more than a week there and did not witness a single accident.

The road toll in Thailand is high but you'd expect it to be 10x higher than it is.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/131679/thailand-road-deaths/

I like to drive in Thailand because I find most Thai divers are very courteous allowing other cars to go when signal. Also Thais don't tailgate. When it comes to motorcycle accidents I guess Thais drive fast most people like myself drive over the speed limit.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cyclists need to be vigilant when riding on pavements as those are not expressly made for them. Clearly this guy was not paying attention to whatever might be headed his way from the side roads.

If the truck hit him in a cyclists lane, then it would not be his fault..but as it stands I believe it to be his fault exclusively…just you wait, the truck driver will get off without any punishment.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I like to drive in Thailand because I find most Thai divers are very courteous allowing other cars to go when signal. Also Thais don't tailgate. When it comes to motorcycle accidents I guess Thais drive fast most people like myself drive over the speed limit.

I have to say many of them have strange habits.

From MBK to the large Circus (liberty?) it's always congested but there are short stretches where there is no traffic during off peak hours.

All the taxis I took drove the same way. They inched along at 5kph in the traffic. Then when there's a clear stretch of about 200 metres, they accelerate to 110kph only to have to brake hard 10 seconds later at the next congested traffic junction.

Why do they do that? They gain no time at all.