• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What does Ho Ching really mean when she says this?

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ho Ching's Facebook post
Thanks, friends, esp for the various PMs of support, encouragement and concern.

Just to let you know not to worry as I'm well.

Now is as good a time as any to spend some time on a couple of long standing things which I have wanted to do.

Good team in Temasek. Joked with them that I'm testing out what a sabbatical means.

Also to catch up on some sleep too! And do a lot more walking. :smile:

Thanks again and you all take care too!

Goodnite!

10985937_364703037050870_8136581437598975555_n.jpg

Last edited:

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasek’s Ho Says She’s ‘Well’ Following Sabbatical Announcement - Bloomberg Business
628x-1.jpg

(Ho Ching, Chief Executive Officer of Temasek Holdings Pte, has overseen the firm’s transformation from a passive holder of stakes in government-controlled firms to an investor with more than two-thirds of underlying assets abroad. Photographer: Suhaimi Abdullah/Getty Images)

Ho Ching, chief executive officer of Temasek Holdings Pte, said in a Facebook post that she’s “well” and there shouldn’t be concerns following an announcement Wednesday that she’s taking a three-month sabbatical leave.

Ho, 62, will continue with her board and “specific stewardship” duties during the period, the state-owned investment company said in a statement on its website. Lee Theng Kiat, one of the three presidents at Temasek, will cover her on all normal course of business.

“Just to let you know not to worry as I’m well,” Ho said in the Facebook post on Wednesday in Singapore. “Now is as good a time as any to spend some time on a couple of long standing things which I have wanted to do,” she said, adding she wants to catch up on sleep.

The sabbatical comes after two busy months for Ho, who’s married to Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. He had surgery on Feb. 16 after he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, and is expected to make a full recovery. Lee’s father, Lee Kuan Yew, who was the country’s first prime minister, died on March 23 at 91 after he was hospitalized for six weeks to treat severe pneumonia.

The elder Lee’s death drew more than 100,000 people who lined the streets in pouring rain to bid farewell on March 29, capping a week of mourning where more than a million people waited for as long as 10 hours to pay tribute to him at Parliament House and other sites. Ho joined her husband during the week to attend to dignitaries, which included Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and former U.S. President Bill Clinton.

Bereavement Exhaustion

“It seems she is exhausted from family bereavement,” said Friedrich Wu, an adjunct associate professor at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. “It’s a good time to have a break for her as global equities are all on upward trajectories and I don’t expect major market upsetting events until May or June when Greece’s repayment postponement reaches deadline, or when the Fed contemplates raising interest rates.”

The MSCI World Index climbed 4.8 percent this year, compared with the 2.9 percent gain in 2014. Singapore’s benchmark Straits Times Index added 5.4 percent so far in 2015 and has risen for five straight quarters, the longest winning streak since 2007.

Ho joined Temasek in 2002 as executive director and was appointed chief executive officer in 2004. She has overseen the firm’s transformation from a passive holder of stakes in government-controlled firms to an investor with more than two-thirds of underlying assets abroad.

Chip Goodyear

The investment firm sought a successor to Ho and hired former BHP Billiton Ltd. head Charles “Chip” Goodyear as CEO designate in early 2009. Within months, Temasek and Goodyear parted ways because of differences over strategy.

“She is a ‘power woman,’” Wu said. “It seems too early for her retirement.”

Temasek, which is owned by the Ministry of Finance, reported a total shareholder return of 1.5 percent for the 12 months ended March 31, 2014, down from 8.9 percent in the previous year and an average 16 percent a year since its inception in 1974. Its assets rose to a record S$223 billion ($163 billion), helped by a S$5 billion capital injection from the government.

“Good team in Temasek,” Ho said in the Facebook post. “Joked with them that I’m testing out what a sabbatical means.”

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is Friedrich Wu to say she's suffering from bereavement exhaustion? He's an economics professor, not a psychologist. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She's going for a breast augmentation surgery. After all, you only live once. What good is money if you don't spend it?

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go for cancer op.....hope she mati....another state funeral maybe?
:eek: Did the bukkake she receive a few weeks ago cause her to contract breast cancer? :confused::biggrin::p

with the heavy downpour, it's difficult to differentiate tears from rain. but for sure, heaven got eyes, and it was crying cats and dogs. :p
Or heaven was peeing on the idiots who worshipped LeeConU.
My sentiments exactly!
icon14.gif

But the word I was thinking of is a Japanese word:

Bukkake
:wink::biggrin::p

In other words, LHL was DELUDED when he said "So perhaps it is appropriate that today at his State Funeral, the heavens opened and cried for him."

It's more likely that he and all those sycophants were DELUGED by "Heaven" in order to HUMILIATE them!

"老天有眼,
善有善报,
恶有恶报,
不是不报,
时辰未到,
时候一到,
一切全报。"

Last edited: