• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This is what you get when you vote for PAP

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FOREIGN SCHOLARS GET TO STUDY FOR FREE WHILE I USE CPF TO PAY FOR MY KIDS

Post date:
6 Apr 2015 - 3:32pm

Readers out here, do share my grief; do share my agony; do share my anger; do share my frustration, when:

My son was graduated in NUS in year 2012 and the graduation ceremony was held in middle of July 2012 whereby more than 700 fresh graduates were waiting for their turns to be given the University Degree Certificate on stage…!!!!

As parents, both myself and my wife attended the grand convocation together with my daughter on that very evening.

There were thousands of parents serving as audience attended to this event held on that very day’s graduation apart from the volume closed to a hundred of convocation ceremonies held before this said date and immediately thereafter.

From the mother tongue these huge pool of audience attended to this ceremony alone, more than 70% are from PRC…!!!!

As a matter of courtesy and carried with joy witnessing the graduation of our children is something great…!!! We did not hesitate chatting freely with all these PRC parents who were there as audience giving their cheers and support to their children…!!!!

What really frustrate, angered and antagonized us is that parents of these PRCs were saying :

1) Ooooh, this Singapore PAP Government is very kind and generous in giving out FREE EDUCATION, FREE TUITION FEE, FREE LODGING & FOOD AND EVEN MONTHLY POCKET MONEY FOR THEIR CHILDREN TO STUDY HERE WHICH THEY CAN HARDLY FIND IN THIS WORLD….!!!!

2) Even a BOND is required to be signed as a formality so that after their children are graduated and comes out to work, they will have this revenue source to repay back whatever Educational Loans so far extended to them BUT AT ANY TIME THEY CAN FLED BACK TO CHINA WHICH IS VAST ENOUGH FOR THEM TO TEMPORARILY HIDE THEMSELVES UP AND THEREAFTER GO TO OTHER COUNTRIES TO SEEK FOR A HIGH SALARIED JOB WITH GREAT PROSPECTS…!!!!

From here we need to ask ONE VERY BASIC SIMPLE QUESTION :

Why aren’t our own True Native Born Singaporeans being privileged with all these Benefits when they are eligible to enroll for a seat & their parents have been all along over the past contributed towards the building of this Nation…???

My son, a True Native Born Singaporean; served the two & a half years of Full Time National Service in the Army; his parents are both also True Native Born Singaporeans who have contributed for the past decades in serving this Nation and myself too served the Part-Time National Service for 12 years with 5 years in the Army and 7 years in the Police Force…!!!!

WHY ARE WE NOT PRIVILEGED WITH THIS BENEFITS FOR OUR OWN CHILDREN TO OBTAIN & RECEIVED THEIR TERTIARY EDUCATION FOR FREE WHEN OUR CHILDREN ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENROLL THEMSELVES FOR A SEAT IN THE UNIVERSITIES…????

As a filial piety son, he was reluctant to take out borrowings from my CPF money to pay for his University school fees and tuition fees in view of my health & age, among others…!!!!

My son worked full time during the day as a simple technician and with his lean income, he saved hard to ensure he can afford to pay for his semester fee and tuition fee when falls due during his course of study at NUS…!!!!

Far 5 years back when my daughter studied at NUS, she borrowed from my CPF to pay for her semester fees and tuition fees…!!!!

AND THERE WAS COMPULSORY NEED FOR HER TO SEEK FOR A GUARANTOR WHO MUST BE A WORKING SINGAPOREAN BEFORE SHE IS APPROVED TO TAKE UP THE BORROWINGS FROM MY CPF ACCOUNT…!!!!

We (our whole family) together with our relatives, friends and colleagues whom are acquainted with us do share this : UNFAIRNESS AND ABUSIVE POLICIES OF THE PAP GOVERNMENT OVER ON HOW THEY HAVE ILL TREATED ALL OUR TRUE NATIVE BORN SINGAPOREANS….!!!!

Least but not Last or Last but not the Least, rest PAP can be assured that from all those within our known circle who knew about our predicament will NEVER VOTE FOR THIS PAP FROM THEREON IN EACH GENERAL ELECTION…!!! Thank you very much…
Tham

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The imported kids are superior stock. If they are not enticed to Singapore, the country will stagnate as inbreeding produces more and more mediocrity.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ten Elite Schools Where Middle-Class Kids Don't Pay Tuition

Students lucky enough to be accepted to some of the most competitive schools in the country can save hundreds of thousands of dollars on tuition
In a trend that's bound to come as a relief to parents of high school seniors facing sticker prices that approach $63,000 a year, a growing number of Ivy League and elite colleges are making college more affordable for middle-class families.

Stanford University announced last week that, starting this fall, students whose families make less than $125,000 a year will not pay any tuition. Previously, the school had set the bar at $100,000. With the move, Stanford has made it possible for more middle-class students to get a degree for what they'd spend in tuition at an in-state, public university (students with a family income above $65,000 a year still have to cover room and board). That makes an admissions offer that's already among the most coveted in the country even more attractive.

Stanford is not the first elite school to slash tuition for middle-class and upper-middle-class students. (For reference, we're going by the Pew Research Center's definition, which calls a family of three in the U.S. middle class if they made between $40,667 and $122,000 in 2013.) While the wealthiest schools have long covered nearly all costs for their poorest students, Harvard since 2004 has steadily broadened the group of students to whom it gives financial aid, putting pressure on its peers to match its generous discounts. The aid programs have helped absorb some of the sticker shock from continuously rising tuition. Take a look at the top schools that students from a range of middle-class families can attend, tuition-free:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ols-where-middle-class-kids-don-t-pay-tuition

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi there

1. Curious to ask the father in question.
2. What did he last voted
3. More to come making sillyaporeans not some 2nd class citizens but 3rd class.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does Mr Tham knows that after his son graduated, he might be even more frustrated when his son cannot find a job.
If he knows this now, he may want to ask his son to consider not enrolling for the course, , then they may not have any study loan issue now.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The imported kids are superior stock. If they are not enticed to Singapore, the country will stagnate as inbreeding produces more and more mediocrity.

Imported kids superior stock?

Fuck you.

Yeah that is if the PRCs grad and post grad do not poison you or your kids first, to take out the competition. LoL

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Imported kids superior stock?

Fuck you.

You have just proven my point. Sinkies are good at hurling vulgarities. The don't have the brains or the pedigree to argue their case in a civilised manner.

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does Mr Tham knows that after his son graduated, he might be even more frustrated when his son cannot find a job.
If he knows this now, he may want to ask his son to consider not enrolling for the course, , then they may not have any study loan issue now.

Donch worry.
many bestest jobs.
$5/hr fast food restaurants,
taxi drivers,
cleaners,
security guards.
or self employed: sell tissue papers.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have just proven my point. Sinkies are good at hurling vulgarities. The don't have the brains or the pedigree to argue their case in a civilised manner.

It's now the trend.

Amos Yee started it.

And don't blame me for it! LoLoLoL

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is what you get with PAP in charge:

hz9b4236aweb.jpg

This is what you get, with typical Asiatic politicians in charge:

Bangladesh
g1_u62118_garbagegold1.jpg

Manila
Manila_Philippines.jpg

Bangkok prostituting its own people to tourists
8987495239_a6eca7f56e_b.jpg

Be grateful for PAP!

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now the best time to teach the Pappies not to take Sinkies for granted and treat us as 3rd Class Shittyzens, they hve more to lose. As long as PAP stays in power all the benefits only go to the FAMILEE and their Cronies.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Now the best time to teach the Pappies not to take Sinkies for granted and treat us as 3rd Class Shittyzens, they hve more to lose. As long as PAP stays in power all the benefits only go to the FAMILEE and their Cronies.

Fat chance! Looking at the huge outpouring of love for Ah Gong during the State mourning period, it is all but certain that PAP will be returned to power this GE with a huge margin! My grassroots buddies are already making plans for an Aljunied GRC under PAP control. Expect to see your Low Thia Khiang and Sylvia Lim be made to roam the streets after losing their seats! As for the rest of the opposition parties, they collectively are less of a threat than WP, and WP is already expected to lose their only GRC. They may still retain Hougang SMC though. The people there are already resigned to live and die in their slums.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They can't qualify for Beijing University ...so they are bottom of the barrel types.
Talents don't come to sinkapore.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fat chance! Looking at the huge outpouring of love for Ah Gong during the State mourning period, it is all but certain that PAP will be returned to power this GE with a huge margin! My grassroots buddies are already making plans for an Aljunied GRC under PAP control. Expect to see your Low Thia Khiang and Sylvia Lim be made to roam the streets after losing their seats! As for the rest of the opposition parties, they collectively are less of a threat than WP, and WP is already expected to lose their only GRC. They may still retain Hougang SMC though. The people there are already resigned to live and die in their slums.

The election is for the opposition to lose. It is in the bag ...all they have to do is to launch the 'educational' ads to help sinkees see how the PAP have screwed them so badly ...making their lives miserable.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans First promises free education for Singaporeans up to University level.........

From : http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singaporeans-first/1733146.html

"SingFirst is proposing to spend an additional S$6 billion a year - over and above what the government is spending - to tackle what it described as “rising inequality”, funded from the net investment returns (NIR). The NIR allows the government to spend up to 50 per cent of expected long-term real returns on its net assets managed by the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and more recently Temasek Holdings.

SingFirst said the money will be spent to provide free education, higher subsidised child care and higher transport subsidies, among other things. The biggest ticket item is an old-age pension of S$300 a month for 600,000 senior citizens......."

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans First promises free education for Singaporeans up to University level.........

From : http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singaporeans-first/1733146.html

"SingFirst is proposing to spend an additional S$6 billion a year - over and above what the government is spending - to tackle what it described as “rising inequality”, funded from the net investment returns (NIR). The NIR allows the government to spend up to 50 per cent of expected long-term real returns on its net assets managed by the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and more recently Temasek Holdings.

SingFirst said the money will be spent to provide free education, higher subsidised child care and higher transport subsidies, among other things. The biggest ticket item is an old-age pension of S$300 a month for 600,000 senior citizens......."

Correct lor, but I didn't know MAS manages assets. Always thought it is a facilitating agency disguising itself as a governing agency.