• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My $600 mistake CUCKOO rice cooker from South Korea

spinn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, I need to ask, since you mention it...how do you control the foam, I use the rice cooker to cook brown rice...the foam gets out, I have to clean the pot, plus the rice cooker....have not solved the problem of the foam....

just skew the cover a bit to let the steam escape, but remember to restore the cover once the water has been absorbed, else might end up with a bit of semi-cooked rice at the top. if the cover is hinged, just use a chopstick to keep it ajar.

spinn

Alfrescian
Loyal

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just skew the cover a bit to let the steam escape, but remember to restore the cover once the water has been absorbed, else might end up with a bit of semi-cooked rice at the top. if the cover is hinged, just use a chopstick to keep it ajar.

Ok....but still the brown rice steam that foam...will still leave behind, brown stains all over the pot & cooker..& if you are using the oven...the burner..the....I think, that is part & parcel cooking brown rice...

spinn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok....but still the brown rice steam that foam...will still leave behind, brown stains all over the pot & cooker..& if you are using the oven...the burner..the....I think, that is part & parcel cooking brown rice...

let me konw the type & brand, when i free can try :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi found already, the brand is Greenmax.
2012-11-27-greenmax-multigrain.jpg

https://singaporeanmummycooks.wordpress.com/2012/11/26/hello-world/

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
get pressurise rice cooker to cook brown rice. should prevent mess all over the place.

This simple cooker do well for us for brown rice, no fuss

We use this everyday for my pet, see, how beautiful the brown rice look after cooked

This is before cook

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well i look around and found some other rice.
I am going to try it.

Turkish Bulgur
bulgur.jpg

North africa Couscous
409325.jpg

south america Quinoa
quinoa_or_rice_pilaf-1280x960.jpg