• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did you wear red and deposit money today?

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Long queues to deposit money on auspicious 'Li Chun' day on Chinese calendar

By Lee Min Kok

SINGAPORE - Long queues formed at many cash deposit machines on Wednesday, as people rushed to bank in their money on what was deemed an auspicious day on the Chinese calendar.

Feb 4, known as Li Chun on the Chinese calendar, marks the beginning of spring and was particularly significant for farmers looking for a bountiful harvest in the past.

It has now become a superstition to bank in money while wearing a red top on this day - with some believing that it is a lucky practice and can help grow their wealth.

There are also different "lucky hours" for people born under different zodiac signs.

ToaHubs040215e.jpg

At Toa Payoh Central at lunch time, a snaking line of almost 20 people was at the POSB deposit machine. Mr Joshua Lim, 28, changed his mind about making a quick deposit after seeing the long queue.

"My mum told me it was auspicious to wear a red shirt to deposit your money, but I didn't expect the queue to be so long," said the advertising executive, who gave up after waiting in line for almost half an hour.

At the POSB cash deposit machines at Block 381 in Toa Payoh Lorong 1, sales consultant Heng Yi Ling, 57, waited patiently for almost 20 minutes before banking in $500.

Ms Heng, who was clad in a red top that she said was her lucky colour, has been following the annual tradition since 2005, when she chanced upon a Facebook post by a well-known geomancer highlighting the supposed benefits of depositing money on Li Chun.

"It really works (to multiply your money)," she claimed. "Besides, it's a good habit to save your money. I decided to come after lunch after seeing the ridiculous queues at Toa Payoh Central and Bishan last year."

Others, like IT analyst Li Shu Yan, 27, was doing it for tradition's sake and put in only a token amount. "My friends are very superstitious so I decided to follow suit a few years ago," she said. "I haven't gotten lucky yet!"

ToaPOSB040215e.jpg

ToaLorHub040215e.jpg

B8_dIKzIMAErXoR.jpg:large

B8_GtyVIQAEhNJl.jpg:small

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this happening in Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia and Africa?

Why Africa? If you've to ask, then you must be sleeping under a rock all these years.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought those wear white, bank in truckloads of money every day, no need to check the "tung shen" ( also known as the Almanac)? for as long as you are member, every day is auspicious day...

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just now at parkway parade,I saw a line of sinkies stretching all the way past the ding tai fung restaurant at least 10m long.and one of the fucking machine has broken down.Jesus h Christ the daft and stupidity of sinkies know no bounds.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nope. Couldn't be bothered. Silly superstitious Chinese Sinkies.

You Li Chun? I Chun Li!

tumblr_n2yc5vwu7O1s1j4qao1_500.gif

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just now at parkway parade,I saw a line of sinkies stretching all the way past the ding tai fung restaurant at least 10m long.and one of the fucking machine has broken down.Jesus h Christ the daft and stupidity of sinkies know no bounds.

Indeed. And if you were to walk past those folks while cosplaying as the Fortune God, be prepared to be fingered and molested. :wink:

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
dumb chinks. if it were so easy to get lucky, there will be no more poor people left in the world.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... It has now become a superstition to bank in money while wearing a red top on this day - with some believing that it is a lucky practice and can help grow their wealth ...
which idiot created tis superstition? ...

juz shows how daft sinkies r! ...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wore white today to bank in my money. White represents PAP, and PAP represents wealth. Just look at the wealth of Singapore built by PAP's leadership.

shentonway2.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This exposes sinkies for what they truly are... idiots who believe that pandering to inane, baseless superstitions will actually help them get rich.

They should try hard work and enterprise for a change. It has been shown to be far more effective in growing wealth.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you realise these mostly belong to the middle class....if they have been doing it for years why havent they strike it rich yet? They expect money to literallly drop from the sky after deposit

Really sad case...tot only older folks are doing it but seen young PMET getting involved as well....

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my Director attend wake yesterday at Toa Payoh wore Red Polo T, I don't know whether
he is stupid, no respect for the dead, or plain DUMB!

Or he did it on purpose frighten the ghost away!!