• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how is job market for pple in their 40's?

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
please provide analyst and advice...many thxs...:o

You software engineer? Can go Deutsche Bank in Singapore and dislodge that Ah Neh.

You can ask some of the members here to write you a reference. Narong guy should be happy to give you a powerful reference.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Job market for those in their 40s couldn't be better. We are in dire need of more taxi drivers and security guards.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please provide analyst and advice...many thxs...:o

hi krafty, I can provide you a real insights as I have been looking for jobs lately.
For 40s almost can forget about finding another similar job that you own currently. Even another company willing to hire, they will slash your pay deep deep, ai lai mai sua attitude.
There are limited jobs for the 40s uncle - I have sent various job applications and these are the only options :

1) Bus driver
2) Sales rep in courts, best denki, etc
3) Parcel delivery - in fact a good option if you have own bike, per job about $10
4) Healthcare industry - admin asst, hospital operating theatre assistant, patient service
5) Supermarket assistants
6) 2nd hand car dealer
7) Airport baggage service

Sadly there are many jobs option for female but not male :(

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looks like i need to call on old friends liao....:o

hi krafty, I can provide you a real insights as I have been looking for jobs lately.
For 40s almost can forget about finding another similar job that you own currently. Even another company willing to hire, they will slash your pay deep deep, ai lai mai sua attitude.
There are limited jobs for the 40s uncle - I have sent various job applications and these are the only options :

1) Bus driver
2) Sales rep in courts, best denki, etc
3) Parcel delivery - in fact a good option if you have own bike, per job about $10
4) Healthcare industry - admin asst, hospital operating theatre assistant, patient service
5) Supermarket assistants
6) 2nd hand car dealer
7) Airport baggage service

Sadly there are many jobs option for female but not male :(

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looks like i need to call on old friends liao....:o

Real tough looking for jobs if u r 40s now. Wat irked me most was i personally encountered, especially Msians FTs, above 40s or even 50s working in financial institutions such as bank clerks. Yes some even in our 3 local banks.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am going to try and let you know...:o

Real tough looking for jobs if u r 40s now. Wat irked me most was i personally encountered, especially Msians FTs, above 40s or even 50s working in financial institutions such as bank clerks. Yes some even in our 3 local banks.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am going to try and let you know...:o

Yes. I feel for u krafty. Dont say 40s. Even u r above 35, u still need need to compete with those FTs. And u can forget about getting ur last draw pay again i.e. if u happen to get a new job.

Good luck in ur search..

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i know it's tough, it's going to be a test for myself..what is your occupation?

Yes. I feel for u krafty. Dont say 40s. Even u r above 35, u still need need to compete with those FTs. And u can forget about getting ur last draw pay again i.e. if u happen to get a new job.

Good luck in ur search..

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Difficult to get job when you are starting out and difficult to get job after 35 is very bad for Sinkie situation.