• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need advice on getting a landed in JB

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try to view the actual finished unit if possible and not the show unit. The quality of the finish can vary a lot.
Also, take some time to study the neighbourhood and drive around to see if you like it. No hurry. Find one you really like and don't buy just because it is cheap.

Bro. Tks for valuable advice. I am just worry of the coming GST. Will only make JB ppty even more expensive?

okkidoggi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro. Tks for valuable advice. I am just worry of the coming GST. Will only make JB ppty even more expensive?

What so valuable about the advice? Just primary school text book knowledge.

First, noone will buy a property because it is cheap, not pasar malam. Rich people not stupid one.

Second, JB property will not become expensive with GST. It is already expensive with lots of bubbles, it will only burst with GST and low demands.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still got cheap property meh
Cheap is a relative term. If you see 2 similar units and one is priced lower, there's usually a reason eg. Htc, poor quality. If you do not see the reason, you may buy it because it is cheap. And live to regret it later.
It may sound like textbook stuff, but I see it happens every other day. Nobody read textbook nowadays.

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not buy into HH or Bukit Indah area. Our goal last year was to buy closer to the then RM500K minimum. So the HH BI area was way out of budget of the average wage earner like me. We did see a few over there though but they were over one million and was bare and vacant. We also looked at Kempas Heights. Finally we swung over to Masai and settled for a 3 storeyed landed terrace at 700k, which I think is hard to find now. If you and wife combined income can buy HH and you like it there, go for it. But one consideration is that you may buy a house facing another house. My house not as atas but I have a unblocked (for now and hopefully for long) golf course view. End of the day buy what you both like, are comfortable with, and can afford so you won't go wrong.

Went down to HH sales gallery and saw there are terraces launching at valley and semi-d at cover.Price range from 1.1RM to 2.8RM. Advisable to get terrace or semi D? The latter will cost min 2.2mil... any opinion and comment?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went down to HH sales gallery and saw there are terraces launching at valley and semi-d at cover.Price range from 1.1RM to 2.8RM. Advisable to get terrace or semi D? The latter will cost min 2.2mil... any opinion and comment?

If it is for investment, experts have advised it is generally safer to buy "everyman's house", rather than the cheapest or the most ex. On affordability, the experts say its best to set aside 1-2 years worth of housing instalments as cold hard cash to safeguard against bank lelong.

http://www.amortization-calc.com/

You can do your own maths based on your income/bank balances, and gd luck!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

if i have 2.8 million i will buy 2 landed, or one landed and one condo. Stay in one rent the other out. Why settle for one property when can have two, assumimg that is the budget you have?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frodo bro. So you think I shouldn't go for Horizon Hill or landed which hovers around 1mil to 1.5mil? I really want a landed...Ask you if my salary per month only around 4.5kSGD and has to manage my HDB flat loan around 1kSGD. Advisable or can I get HH landed or elsewhere?

Seriously, don't mean to insult but with your salary, you think you can manage two housing loans?
Already, $1,000 had gone to HDB leaving you with only $3,500 and with this, you shouldn't be having a very big savings in the bank after deducting living expenses.
Don't you have any insurance plans to service at all ?
Do some homework first and perhaps work backwards.
How much downpayment can you afford now and what's the max loan you can take?
How much cash you can spare for the second loan?
What are your contingency plans in case something happens, example, arrival of children, retrenchment, etc ?
If you are think of using the rental to service the loan, please find out more on the rental market first.
And you also didn't mention whether you are SPR or Singapore citizen, having dual income (partner/wife's part), etc.
If you are SPR, there are so many other options to choose from and you can get quite a decent landed resale for below RM500K.
Just remember, don't over stretch yourself and suffer.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, don't mean to insult but with your salary, you think you can manage two housing loans?
Already, $1,000 had gone to HDB leaving you with only $3,500 and with this, you shouldn't be having a very big savings in the bank after deducting living expenses.
What are your contingency plans in case something happens, example, arrival of children, retrenchment, etc ?
If you are think of using the rental to service the loan, please find out more on the rental market first.
And you also didn't mention whether you are SPR or Singapore citizen, having dual income (partner/wife's part), etc.
If you are SPR, there are so many other options to choose from and you can get quite a decent landed resale for below RM500K.

Good advice. The norm is that the loan should not exceed 30% of gross pay which is S$1350 in your case. That means you have theoretically another roughly RM800 monthly to use as housing loan.

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal

Understand...no worries just feel wanted to get the landed. Maybe I would settle for the terrace then. Cheaper and most probably value for money.
I am a singaporean, dual income with wife total around 6k-7k, late 30s. Btw all JB ppty has to be min. 1mil RM right? So I guess 1 mil is the baseline.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand...no worries just feel wanted to get the landed. Maybe I would settle for the terrace then. Cheaper and most probably value for money.
I am a singaporean, dual income with wife total around 6k-7k, late 30s. Btw all JB ppty has to be min. 1mil RM right? So I guess 1 mil is the baseline.

With a total dual income of $7K and trying to service 2 housing loans is still very much a stretch!
If you are still thinking of servicing the loan with rental, you need to have enough reserves to buffer for non rental months.
Burt before you do anything, talk to some banks first and find out your "worth" and how much max. can you loan.
Only with this figure then you can decide on the property price range you can purchase.
Also, living in JB, you definitely need to have a car to move around conveniently, so, add in the car expenses.
If only you had though of this 2 years ago, you could get a nice terrace house in area near Sutera Mall for about RM650K.

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
With a total dual income of $7K and trying to service 2 housing loans is still very much a stretch!
If you are still thinking of servicing the loan with rental, you need to have enough reserves to buffer for non rental months.
Burt before you do anything, talk to some banks first and find out your "worth" and how much max. can you loan.
Only with this figure then you can decide on the property price range you can purchase.
Also, living in JB, you definitely need to have a car to move around conveniently, so, add in the car expenses.
If only you had though of this 2 years ago, you could get a nice terrace house in area near Sutera Mall for about RM650K.

Yah...kinda late. But no choice. HH seems reasonable with adequate security and accessibility to Bukit Indah, medini and Tuas. So I am hoping to see 1mil++ terrace launch at valley would be good enough for wife and myself? I read in here that many choose to loan 90% from malaysian banks and do you have any idea what's the interest rate as of moment?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah...kinda late. But no choice. HH seems reasonable with adequate security and accessibility to Bukit Indah, medini and Tuas. So I am hoping to see 1mil++ terrace launch at valley would be good enough for wife and myself? I read in here that many choose to loan 90% from malaysian banks and do you have any idea what's the interest rate as of moment?

That's more the reason that you should go to talk with some banking credit officers on your case.
Everyone has different credit limit based on your income, age, commitments, job security, etc......
As it this is a major commitment, you need to do more, don't just listen to what others say.
Talking to bankers don't cost money, just spare some time and you'll get all the answers you needed.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dunno about 90% for sporean loan quantum.
I believe it's more like 80% or 75% even.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. On top of that, double H doesn't give legal freebies if i not wrong. So kikikorkor.. cash upfront abt RM270k.:o

Cash upfront is really no joke! I coughed blood....money to buy subsale unit.....no legal freebies...got cov somemore....now poorer than church mouse. Haiz....if only bought 4 years earlier....

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dunno about 90% for sporean loan quantum.
I believe it's more like 80% or 75% even.

I really thanked God that I was able to get 90% loan for first house, being Singaporean. Otherwise I think will be hardship purchase.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cash upfront is really no joke! I coughed blood....money to buy subsale unit.....no legal freebies...got cov somemore....now poorer than church mouse. Haiz....if only bought 4 years earlier....

Count it a blessing in disguise, let u siam tio 1M rule.

Last edited: