• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No Spare Tire

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Few days went ubi to cc66 at car showrooms. Enter a PI showroom and look around. then I notice there no spare tire compartment in the boot. So ask salesman why, run flat tires? He said now most new car no longer give spare wheel and no more jacking tool to change tire too. Now give a small bag containing tire repair kit, consisting of a small electric pump, glue and rubber strips to mend tire.

Anyone brought new car recently, that salesman got smoke me or not?

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Few days went ubi to cc66 at car showrooms. Enter a PI showroom and look around. then I notice there no spare tire compartment in the boot. So ask salesman why, run flat tires? He said now most new car no longer give spare wheel and no more jacking tool to change tire too. Now give a small bag containing tire repair kit, consisting of a small electric pump, glue and rubber strips to mend tire.

sounds like what i use to patch BICYCLE tire LOL

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Many modern cars aren't equipped with spare tyres nowadays as they are pretty much redundant. The last time I had a flat while driving was more than 30 years ago. Tubeless tyres seldom go flat immediately.

Dispensing of the spare allows car manufacturers to quote a better fuel mileage.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many modern cars aren't equipped with spare tyres nowadays as they are pretty much redundant. The last time I had a flat while driving was more than 30 years ago. Tubeless tyres seldom go flat immediately.

Dispensing of the spare allows car manufacturers to quote a better fuel mileage.

I had 4 punctures in the last 10 years in three different cars. An Ingis, Jazz and Polo. The polo twice last 3 years. First three times were caused by nails and the last one the bloody tire burst and cannot repair and lan lan change 2 new tires despite that burst tire had only 11k km on it. Less than a yr since I brought it.

All three cars had spare wheel and I utilised them before I go workshop for tire repair or replace with new tires.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I had 4 punctures in the last 10 years in three different cars. An Ingis, Jazz and Polo. The polo twice last 3 years. First three times were caused by nails and the last one the bloody tire burst and cannot repair and lan lan change 2 new tires despite that burst tire had only 11k km on it. Less than a yr since I brought it.

All three cars had spare wheel and I utilised them before I go workshop for tire repair or replace with new tires.

With that sort of luck, I suggest you stick to cars that come with spare tyres. In fact, you should carry two.

Troopy-Rear-Bar.jpg

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
I change to new tyres every year.

To prevent cars from spinning around highway and bashing onto the barriers during a tyre burst.

There are too many FODs on the road which would cause a tyre burst easily.

The 2nd laws of thermodynamics would validate my observation.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
One brand I know comes with not just a spare tyre but the sports rim as well

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know new Honda don't have spare tire. But the car is equipped with a pump with a special gel that will supposedly seal up any puncture.But I think the salesman is trying to be funny. If he gave me this kind of explanation, I will tell him to demonstrate how to do it.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some cars have run flat tyres. You can still drive a distance when flat but not too fast, say under 60 km/hr. You will see an alert on your instrument panel when it happens.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my merce spare tire very thin thin one no air inside cause they made spare compartment very small, if you got flat you have to pump air in first by air pump plug in cig lighter

damn jia laat one:oIo:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my merce spare tire very thin thin one no air inside cause they made spare compartment very small, if you got flat you have to pump air in first by air pump plug in cig lighter

damn jia laat one:oIo:

my spare is otherwise known as a "donut" wheel. it is small, has air, just enough to allow me to drive to the nearest tire shop for repair or a change. if i'm stranded and hungry, can eat it too. :o

image.jpg

Last edited:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Some cars have run flat tyres. You can still drive a distance when flat but not too fast, say under 60 km/hr. You will see an alert on your instrument panel when it happens.

When tyre is flat, driving at 60 and below will still kill the side wall and structurally degrade the tyre

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
When tyre is flat, driving at 60 and below will still kill the side wall and structurally degrade the tyre

That doesn't happen with run flat tyres you twit. That's why they're called run flat tyres.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know new Honda don't have spare tire. But the car is equipped with a pump with a special gel that will supposedly seal up any puncture.But I think the salesman is trying to be funny. If he gave me this kind of explanation, I will tell him to demonstrate how to do it.

The PI showroom hold both Toyota and Honda. Both no spare tyre.

Anyone brought new cars from Borneo motors or Kah motors recently?