• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More and more Americans don't want electric cars

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

More and more Americans don't want electric cars​

Tim Levin
May 1, 2023, 2:06 PM EDT

63d04606def14100198e1ea0

21% of car shoppers said they wouldn't buy an electric car as their next vehicle, according to JD Power. Polestar
  • Americans are getting more divided on electric vehicles.
  • While EVs gain market share, more and more people say don't want one as their next car.
  • Factors repelling buyers from EVs include long charging times, lack of charging stations, and high pricing.
Battery-powered cars seem like the next big thing, but a growing portion of Americans aren't ready to give up internal combustion.

The percentage of Americans who say they're "very unlikely" to buy an electric vehicle as their next car is growing, according to JD Power, which keeps close tabs on consumer sentiment around EVs. In JD Power's surveys, the EV-skeptic contingent has steadily grown from 17.8% to 21% of respondents between January and March.

The share of consumers on the opposite end of the spectrum (those "very likely" to go electric) has stayed mostly flat this year, most recently measured at 26.9%.

"Top-line metrics on overall EV market share, availability and affordability have been on a long-term upward trend," the market research firm said. "But beneath those headline numbers we are starting to see some consumer behaviors that suggest a possible bifurcation of the automotive marketplace."

Some potential car buyers are getting more adamant about not wanting an EV during a transformative and crucial time for the auto business. Carmakers who didn't pay all that much attention to EV technology in years past are dumping billions into developing cleaner cars. That's in part due to tightening environmental regulations around the globe. Plus, they've seen the success of Tesla (now the world's most valuable carmaker by market capitalization) and they now want in on the EV party.

But for that to happen, automakers need to convince shoppers to embrace a new and unfamiliar technology. As JD Power's research shows, that's easier said than done. While interest in EVs is growing — EV market share shot up from 2.6% in February 2020 to 8.5% in February 2023 — there are still lots of sticking points keeping buyers from considering a Tesla or the like.

High purchase price and lack of charging stations were the most-cited reasons for not wanting an EV, followed by limited driving range and time required to charge. Respondents were also concerned about EV performance in extreme temperatures, cost of ownership, lack of repair shops, reliability, and power outages.

Interestingly, it isn't just rigid older folks who are skewing the numbers. While the majority of Boomers and Pre-Boomers aren't considering EVs, 33% of Gen Z shoppers also told JD Power they were either "somewhat unlikely" or "very unlikely" to buy an EV.

Source:https://www.businessinsider.com/americans-divided-electric-cars-jd-power-study-2023-5

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
due to lack of maintenance and repair only 69% of charging stations are working, and they are at very inconvenient out of the way locations.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
due to lack of maintenance and repair only 69% of charging stations are working, and they are at very inconvenient out of the way locations.
For me... because I live in landed property...EV is bestest n no more thing to petrol stations ....just charge car from home....n to charge EV is like getting 80% discount on petrol... Talk about the EV 'Grin' when I see petrol prices going up

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me... because I live in landed property...EV is bestest n no more thing to petrol stations ....just charge car from home....n to charge EV is like getting 80% discount on petrol... Talk about the EV 'Grin' when I see petrol prices going up
in sg with landed property it’s da best. can equip car port with fast charging station. no queue no waiting time. plus sg is so small 1 charge can cover all day. in u.s. not optimum. cuntry so big 1 charge only covers a trip from sv to carmel and back. cannot detour. go to l.a. must stop at coachella or harris ranch to recharge. and when you arrive at recharge stop there are already 69 cars waiting in line. can cause limited range or low battery anxiety. if there’s a 699-mile range ev with 1 charge, more will buy. at least can reach destination in socal and recharge overnight there.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
in sg with landed property it’s da best. can equip car port with fast charging station. no queue no waiting time. plus sg is so small 1 charge can cover all day. in u.s. not optimum. cuntry so big 1 charge only covers a trip from sv to carmel and back. cannot detour. go to l.a. must stop at coachella or harris ranch to recharge. and when you arrive at recharge stop there are already 69 cars waiting in line. can cause limited range or low battery anxiety.
With regards to EV...I have said many times b4 ..right tool for the right Job. A majority of yanks drive within 100km radius n 400km EV range is pretty standard. So in theory can charge everyday because std house hold power point requires 24 hrs for full charge. N Most yanks households have 2 cars. 1 EV n 1 petrol...so long distance road trips use ICE... normal go mall go to work etc..use EV
....not rocket science...for those that only have 1 car....when go road trip just go rent an ice car.. car rental is not a big issue in ang mor lands..most important is access to charging at home.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
in sg with landed property it’s da best. can equip car port with fast charging station. no queue no waiting time. plus sg is so small 1 charge can cover all day. in u.s. not optimum. cuntry so big 1 charge only covers a trip from sv to carmel and back. cannot detour. go to l.a. must stop at coachella or harris ranch to recharge. and when you arrive at recharge stop there are already 69 cars waiting in line. can cause limited range or low battery anxiety. if there’s a 699-mile range ev with 1 charge, more will buy. at least can reach destination in socal and recharge overnight there.
Maybe use hybrid if u drive long distance...will at least save some fuel..
.but to me it's either ICE or EV.... hybrid is way over rated n might no longer b in the market in 10 yrs time when the range anxiety crap is minimised

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe use hybrid if u drive long distance...will at least save some fuel..
.but to me it's either ICE or EV.... hybrid is way over rated n might no longer b in the market in 10 yrs time when the range anxiety crap is minimised
my next suv will be hybrid.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With regards to EV...I have said many times b4 ..right tool for the right Job. A majority of yanks drive within 100km radius n 400km EV range is pretty standard. So in theory can charge everyday because std house hold power point requires 24 hrs for full charge. N Most yanks households have 2 cars. 1 EV n 1 petrol...so long distance road trips use ICE... normal go mall go to work etc..use EV
....not rocket science...for those that only have 1 car....when go road trip just go rent an ice car.. car rental is not a big issue in ang mor lands..most important is access to charging at home.
in sv monkey see monkey do especially among tech workers. must have macbook, wear allbirds shoes, drink blue bottle coffee, wear lululemon sports attire, do yoga, eat avocado toast, drive tesla.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
I drove from Singapore to KL and I saw Singapore Tesla cars spending time in the petrol station to charge car battery. This is completely time wasting

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CO2 is not a pollutant, stop listening to the bullshit from the anti-carbon cult.

If you want to buy an electric car that's your choice, but don't delude yourselves into thinking that it is somehow 'better' for the planet. Just the mining of lithium for the batteries alone is a great environmental harm. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The people pushing electric cars onto you are the same people who push LGBT, gender pronouns, GMO'ed fake meat and the toxic bioweapon 'vaccines' onto you. :cool:

Wake the fuck up, globalists are your enemies. They genuinely want you dead. :cool:

sdgs.png

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The people pushing electric cars onto you are the same people who push LGBT, gender pronouns, GMO'ed fake meat and the toxic bioweapon 'vaccines' onto you. :cool:

Wake the fuck up, globalists are your enemies. They genuinely want you dead. :cool:

sdgs.png

I for one prefer my electric car n my ev grin when I pass by petrol stations