• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mobile Air thread: Huat ah!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sim lim 'black shop' mobile air laughs at tourist who begs on knees for refund

So serious meh? Who ask those cheebyes to pay without looking at the fine print? Besides, since when anyone needs to pay for warranty for iphone? Nobody to blame but themselves.

Also, if refund by coins, can reject what. Don't know the law, better don't buy things. In fact, better go and die.

Karma works in mysterious ways. More mysterious than God.

99 percent of people who buy won't read the fine prints of a retail sales contract. This is a con job and it is obvious to all except for a few 'intellectuals' like you.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: sim lim shop refunds customer 1k in 5 and 10 cents

There is no such thing as illegal to pay in coins above a certain amount. What the law says is that certain denomination is legal tender up to a limit. But if the receiver wants to take all in coins, the law does not stop him from doing so.

Of I am not wrong. Its illegal to pay in coins above a certain amount. The law is there to prevent this sort of stunt being played when one pays fines etc to gahmen depts.

Hypocrisy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporeans raise funds for Vietnamese tourist victim of iPhone 6 scam

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 06 November, 2014, 3:27pm
UPDATED : Thursday, 06 November, 2014, 6:04pm

Agence France-Presse in Singapore

pvt-viet.jpg

Pham Van Thoai was scammed in Singapore. Photo: Lianhe Zaobao

Singaporeans outraged by an electronics shop that left a Vietnamese tourist in tears after a phone-sale scam have raised thousands of dollars to compensate him, a crowdfunding site showed on Thursday.

Factory worker Pham Van Thoai, 28, on Monday forked out S$950 (HK$5,700) to buy a new iPhone 6 in the Sim Lim Square electronics mall, which has long been known to victimise tourists.

But employees of the “Mobile Air” store refused to allow him to leave with the phone unless he paid an additional S$1,500 in “warranty fees”. He was eventually given a partial refund of S$400, with no phone in hand, after police intervention.

A video widely shared on social media showed Pham kneeling down and begging the shop owner and employees for his full cash payment while they laughed at him.

Singapore media reports said Pham earns the equivalent of $160 a month in Vietnam and had saved up for months to buy the latest iPhone for his girlfriend.

A crowdfunding campaign launched on the Indiegogo portal to buy Pham an iPhone 6 reached S$11,000 by midday Thursday, with more than 1,400 donors.

For the video i am sure u have seen it over and over again. Reading viewers comments to see what the rest of the world is talking about sg is more interesting. :biggrin: I skipped embedding it so that u can click on the link below to go directly to the YT website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k06jhvOGbpQ

“This is not OK, this is not right. We are NOT a nation of thieves and cheats,” wrote Singaporean technology entrepreneur Gabriel Kang, who initiated the campaign a day after the incident.

“While we cannot undo those traumatic and humiliating scenes he has had to endure, we can try to make things right. Let’s give the man an iPhone 6!,” Kang wrote on the campaign site.

Despite the huge amount collected on his behalf, Pham said he would only accept the amount he had to forfeit at the store.

“I will accept only $550 donated by kind people. Nothing more. I’m grateful for all your kindness but I do not want to take more than what I’ve lost,” he told the Chinese-language Lianhe Zaobao newspaper.

The incident has touched a raw nerve in wealthy, tech-savvy Singapore, which depends heavily on tourism revenues. The city-state of 5.5 million people attracted nearly 16 million tourists last year.

The six-storey Sim Lim Square mall has a bad reputation for a small number of rogue retailers who prey on unsuspecting tourists looking to purchase the latest gadgets before returning home.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
See how useless the poodles are. It is obvious that this tourist was cheated and the police can't do anything. Likewise, CASE.

Come on, why say they can't do anything?
They managed to get back $400 as refund right?
This machiam you kena robbed and police negotiated with robbers to return you part of the loot and case solved.....you would think this is Colombia or Mexico.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is a tourist and he had a budget. He did not cheat or steal ...so why the hell are you so hard on him?
Your anger should be directed at the conmen instead of the victim.

I'm not angry at all, just stating a fact he's a fucktard.
If he chooses to spend more than he claimed he earns and cried and beg, he just showed he's a low life.
Conmen are everywhere, why expect sg to be different?
Have you ever travelled out of the sinkhole?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not angry at all, just stating a fact he's a fucktard.
If he chooses to spend more than he claimed he earns and cried and beg, he just showed he's a low life.
Conmen are everywhere, why expect sg to be different?
Have you ever travelled out of the sinkhole?

If he was given a fair deal, he wouldn't have to cry and beg. He was spending within his budget but he was conned. He didn't have the money to fork out $1500 for a 'warranty' ...and he was ignorant about warranty.
So, why humtum him? He spent money in sinkapore, boosting our economy. He didn't come to steal our jobs or to cheat or to commit crime. He was a victim of our crooks and the poodle could do nothing.

Everyone is entitled to treats in life, even when they are poor. He saved the money and wanted to please his girlfriend with an iphone. And that is wrong? I don't understand your 'intellectual' thinking on this.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come on, why say they can't do anything?
They managed to get back $400 as refund right?
This machiam you kena robbed and police negotiated with robbers to return you part of the loot and case solved.....you would think this is Colombia or Mexico.

He should get back the full amount. Firstly, the phone didn't even leave the premise and the item was not used. Secondly, the store slapped a $1500 warranty tab on the customer which is a con job.
That the poodles can only get back $400, which is less than 50 percent of the cost, shows how ineffective they are. Even the conmen are not afraid of them.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Sim lim 'black shop' mobile air laughs at tourist who begs on knees for refund

Wonder if he drive?
Any bros here can csi for car plate n model.
I get commando pour pain n gum.
Sent a greeting for him n family as well.

Good suggestion..

Up you 48 points.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP is known for tough laws to deter crimes. So, why the exception in this case?

To the greedy vile pappies jover chew is the model citizen who pays his rent and taxes....
His business tactics are inline with pap's....going by this logic no crime been committed.

Hypocrisy

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's not a cheating case as buyer already signed the sales contract. This is the legal way to rob a buyer. FOOKER Jover Chew and all other unscrupulous bengs at SLS knows the law well to not to break it so poodles can't intervene.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

It's not a cheating case as buyer already signed the sales contract. This is the legal way to rob a buyer. FOOKER Jover Chew and all other unscrupulous bengs at SLS knows the law well to not to break it so poodles can't intervene.

Not forgetting those chee byes at Lucky Plaza too.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jo's defence : i not involve hor . my assistant did it.

Jo's defence lawyer : its Not overcharging hor ; its just mistake overbilling hor.

Jo is innocent.

JoJo

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The eternal conundrum: what's legal may not be ethical, and what's ethical may not be legal.

The PAP govt, particularly the Lees, love to crow about the 'rule of law', invoking legalist concepts and the full weight of the law on certain cases.
Nothing more needs to be said.

At the end of the day, which would you rather play tricks with? The law or your conscience? Go read a certain Sherlock Holmes short story to find out the answer. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This cheebye too fucking free nothing better to do. Why dun he spend some time to help his own parents, like earning more money to bring them on a long holiday? And for all those who donated, did they understand that this Vietshit is buying a luxury item and not getting cheated when buying a bag of rice to feed himself and his family or buying milk powder and got cheated? A fucking bunch of flies attracted to the frivolous objective. Never use brain.

Refer to Huang Na, NKF and Renci charity shows.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

If Sinkies are not Gullible u tink the PAP can stay in power for 50yrs, Lky can make his Son Pm and the Pm can make his wife Chief of Termasek.