• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does This Explain Why Old Fart's Son Survived?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]SCIENTISTS DISCOVER THAT THE GAS CONTAINED IN FARTS MIGHT HELP PREVENT CANCER[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
13 Jul 2014 - 1:33pm

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Scientists from Exeter University have been advocating that smelling farts may actually prevent cancer. A paper published by the team in the journal, Medicinal Chemistry Communications, expounds the benefits of the 'hydrogen sulfide gas.'

Dr. Mark Wood stated in a university release that the gas is 'well known as a pungent, foul-smelling gas in rotten eggs and flatulence, it is naturally produced in the body and could in fact be a healthcare hero with significant implications for future therapies for a variety of diseases,' amongst which include cancer.

Normally, mitochondria cells in the body naturally produce small amounts of this gas when placed under stress, like when they are in a diseased state. In these cases, the gas allows the mitochondria to survive longer than usual.

In the study, the scientists recreated the natural process through which human bodies produce... farts, and exposed mitochondria to the resulting gas. In large doses, the gas was lethal, but in sufficiently small quantities, mitochondrial life was actually extended. Given the important role mitochondria have in disease management and inflammation, this could have significant applications to everything from arthritis and diabetes to dementia and aging.

*Article first appeared on https://sftimes.co/?id=1660&src=home_feed

Editor's Note: Please note, this study has not found that "smelling" farts "cures" cancer. It is just the gas, Hydrogen Sulphide (which is also the gas responsible for making farts smelly), which has been seen to extend the life of cells when delivered in small doses.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is good news for me. My fart is so silent and smelly that I almost want to burst into laughter when I release the pressure in a crowded situation where the peasants cannot easily move away and have no idea who did it. Somehow my fart is perfume to my nostrils. :biggrin: I may well live longer than the Old Fart!

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same bro, I always fart silently in the crowded MRT and lift and after that I pretend to be angry and ask who? who? who?

This is good news for me. My fart is so silent and smelly that I almost want to burst into laughter when I release the pressure in a crowded situation where the peasants cannot easily move away and have no idea who did it. Somehow my fart is perfume to my nostrils. :biggrin: I may well live longer than the Old Fart!

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
O dear...O dear

My farts are silent and not smelly at all.

What must I do to have smelly, preferably super smelly, farts?

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I use my test tube to examine what composites in your fart to validate your claimed of curing cancer? Guarantee 100% CPF medical claims will go to you.

I fart all the time...anyone want any preventive cure for cancer, can contact me, & smell my fart!

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every HDB flats unit should have a fart collector. The more fart you produce, you will get a rebate from your town council. Because you have contributed to the nations energy supplies.