• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scholar General lugs 20kg and goes on 32km course

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
How u know? Maybe singapore went to war also u don't know. LOL. U think shit times and media corpse tell the truth? Maybe he shot down 5 cessnas by accident and claim ace status. Or maybe he shot down 5 target towing planes during live firing, and they give him the kills? U really know the standard of Shit times reporting now. The fucktard leeporter Jermyn Chow is nothing but a chow ah qua. Graduate from Australian uni also still can't report correctly. All I can say is don't send your kids to Murdoch University. This idiot is a product of their fine schooling...................not.

shoot Cessenas on a simulator or with real weapons?

Wasn't Ng one of the scholars who had his fighter seat adjust due to his height?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they all reached higher ranks than Lee.

The Ngs working with the Ah Neh cabinet ministers will take over sinkapore and then turn it into an Indian Special Administrative Zone. Shamu is now consulting with his new boss, Modi, on this grand plan to extend Indian reach in Asia.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You know what is wrong with this whole picture? This fucker is just a wayang asshole, try to act like he is one of the boys. This charade is so amateurish. He want to understand the way of life in the army and the navy. Really? Who gives a shit? He is not paid to understand the army and navy way. He is paid to fight and win wars for this country. That is the only reason he is hired and that should be job one on his mind when he wakes up for duty in the morning. What has he done to accomplish this end? Volunteer for a combat skills course and route march 32km, followed every step by medics, ambulance and por lumpars? I rather he picked up a rifle and serve in an infantry platoon in the US army in Astan or Iraq and do a tour of duty. Get some real combat experience. Get shot at, shoot someone back. NDP is not combat experience. I feel much safer if this guy actually saw combat, served under fire, and commanded a ground unit. Going to Red Flag and all that is nice, but if you never had a SAM shot at u, and u have never had anyone try to kill you, all the 32 km route march in the world is not going to give you the comabt skills u need.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I am full of admiration for this man. He could easily have enjoyed all the privileges of his rank and position yet he took the plunge in order to experience what its like to be a mere foot soldier.

One of the reasons why Singapore is so successful is that the leadership of the country is full of such selfless characters who are in tune with the rest of us.

LKY used to plant trees on a regular basis. LHL went through the rigors of recruit life plus he now queues for his food as any ordinary citizen would.

There is no special treatment for Singapore's top echelons and that's the way it should be.

On the other hand, NZ is full of lowly government and council staff with an inflated sense of entitlement. In the latest scandal, it has been found that council staff who are in charge of public transport find it too inefficient for themselves. They use a special fleet of minivans reserved just for them and they're UNMARKED in an attempt to be as covert as possible. Transparency is the last thing on their minds.

Singaporeans are very lucky to have such humble leaders. They should count their blessings.

printLogo.png

Auckland Council staff get special shuttles

By David Fisher
6:50 AM Wednesday Jun 25, 2014

shuttlefinal_220x147.jpg

An AT employee gets into an unmarked shuttle on Albert Street. Right, Len Brown at the launch of Auckland's electric train service. Photo / NZ Herald

First it was the mayor catching the train while being followed by his ratepayer-funded chauffeur-driven car.

Now, Len Brown's staff have been riding in special shuttles zipping around Auckland - apparently because it's faster than the public transport they provide to ratepayers.

Council-controlled Auckland Transport has started a shuttle bus service for its staff, surprising public transport watchers.

The Herald has discovered a second shuttle at Auckland Council and plans for a third in the works.

With Auckland Transport costing its shuttle at $122,000 for a six-month trial, it could set the bill for moving council staff around Auckland close to $700,000 a year.

Auckland Transport yesterday highlighted expected benefits in a statement - being able to cut down the size of its car fleet and improve "business efficiency".

But it also tried to justify the decision by saying the train took too long: "Public transport is also an option used by many staff to travel to meetings in the city but the timings of the trains don't always suit.

"The train takes 45 minutes whereas the shuttle door-to-door is 20 to 25 minutes."

The Auckland Transport shuttle runs from the council's Henderson offices - just metres from where the public bus and train leave - into Britomart in the city. The Herald was yesterday given its timetable, showing it leaves every 45 minutes and takes an estimated 42 minutes to make the journey.

Driver Liuneta Unasa said he frequently made the run in 20 minutes. Parked in the bus stop for buses to Henderson, he pointed up Albert St: "The bus that's already gone? I will catch him on the motorway - every single day."

In Takapuna, the Auckland Council shuttle runs from the civic centre to its offices next to Aotea Square in the city. The council confirmed another shuttle, to Manukau, was under consideration.

Councillor Chris Darby said he had used the Takapuna service and found it well patronised by staff, who relied less on pool cars. Although he used it, he said he would "tend to use the more frequent public service" leaving nearby.

The trip to the city by bus took about 15 minutes. With such a good public service, he said the need for the shuttle was "a good question".
"I can vouch for the very good public service out of Takapuna."

Mr Darby said Auckland Council had yet to develop a workplace transport plan, which it urged other businesses to do.

There was a "need for Auckland Council to do what it says others should do" by developing a plan which understood staff needs and found ways to meet those.

Former Waitakere City councillor Ewen Gilmour had advice for staff: "Use the trains - they're right there. It seems a bit rich they are the transport agency and they don't use their own transport because of inefficiency."

Green Party transport spokeswoman Julie Anne Genter said Auckland Transport should lead by example and use public transport.
A briefing document from Auckland Council last year found it had 780 fleet vehicles for staff. Plans to phase out vehicles included "the council shuttle service, which provides inter-facility transport for staff".

Mr Brown has a $69,000 mayoral car which is used for official duties. He was embarrassed a few years back when it was revealed the mayoral car shadowed his journey to work.

A spokesman said the mayor still caught the train from Homai station in Manurewa to Britomart at least once a week.

Last night, a spokesman for Mr Brown said the issue of shuttles was an operational matter for Auckland Transport, but as a general point he would like to see council organisations encouraging their staff to use public transport to travel between offices where the option is available and practicable.

Mr Brown has asked Auckland Transport to brief him on what programmes they have in place to actively encourage their staff to make better use of public transport.
By David Fisher
- NZ Herald

Copyright ©2014, APN New Zealand Limited

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Ngs working with the Ah Neh cabinet ministers will take over sinkapore and then turn it into an Indian Special Administrative Zone. Shamu is now consulting with his new boss, Modi, on this grand plan to extend Indian reach in Asia.

Fetish for Pulau Sudon, Indian Ministers and Shane Todd. That's what i gather from you.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am full of admiration for this man. He could easily have enjoyed all the privileges of his rank and position yet he took the plunge in order to experience what its like to be a mere foot soldier.

One of the reasons why Singapore is so successful is that the leadership of the country is full of such selfless characters who are in tune with the rest of us.

LKY used to plant trees on a regular basis. LHL went through the rigors of recruit life plus he now queues for his food as any ordinary citizen would.

There is no special treatment for Singapore's top echelons and that's the way it should be.

I love your simple-mindedness ...you will make a great PAP minister as you can then connect with sinkees ...if they have not tossed the PAP out in 2016.

The PAP needs you to lead them to election victory or they will end up in Pulau Sudong to be bombed by RSAF aircraft.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love your simple-mindedness ...you will make a great PAP minister as you can then connect with sinkees ...if they have not tossed the PAP out in 2016.

The PAP needs you to lead them to election victory or they will end up in Pulau Sudong to be bombed by RSAF aircraft.

See you mention Pulau Sudong again...

nycheong

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont be stupid,im also a ace pilot.....finish the ace combat canyon mission on extreme difficulty in under 4:38 seconds with full afterburners.....i can fly a f22 jet thru ur mothers cheebye like its tokyo drift.
I am sure he already aced many time. PCC

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

U call Sam simple mindedness. I call him Down Syndrome. Both the same, the mind is gone.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Except that the difference between the ordinary soldier and the paper general, the former gets a peanut while a multi-million-dollar pay cheque is waiting for the latter at the end of the 'route march'.

I get the feeling this guy understands his position and power rests on the availability and willingness of the thousands and thousands of peanut guys. This is not something the current generation of leaders appreciate in their bones.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know what is wrong with this whole picture? This fucker is just a wayang asshole, try to act like he is one of the boys. This charade is so amateurish. He want to understand the way of life in the army and the navy. Really? Who gives a shit? He is not paid to understand the army and navy way. He is paid to fight and win wars for this country. That is the only reason he is hired and that should be job one on his mind when he wakes up for duty in the morning. What has he done to accomplish this end? Volunteer for a combat skills course and route march 32km, followed every step by medics, ambulance and por lumpars? I rather he picked up a rifle and serve in an infantry platoon in the US army in Astan or Iraq and do a tour of duty. Get some real combat experience. Get shot at, shoot someone back. NDP is not combat experience. I feel much safer if this guy actually saw combat, served under fire, and commanded a ground unit. Going to Red Flag and all that is nice, but if you never had a SAM shot at u, and u have never had anyone try to kill you, all the 32 km route march in the world is not going to give you the comabt skills u need.

He is a what? in the armed forces??, he needs to understand, the what & which??...did Gen. Douglas MacArthur packed his full pack & march with his men to understand the ARMY?? did..Gen. Colin Powell?? oh! I forgot...those are real Generals, not these "Mickey Mouse" type...why doesn't he, go on a 32km course in Lahad Datu....

I did & we did, when we were doing National Slavery...20kg on a 32km...was part & parcel of military training...do not know, how many times we did it here & overseas...?? now we have a "Mickey Mouse" general, doing that , & the shit paper, is making him sound like some, "macho man"...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This kind of wayang fucked up CDF with zero combat experience will only get you, your brother, your friends, killed in any real war. U will see how gabra they become when the plans don't go according to what they war game in their aircon office so many times before. Their good friends the Jews are about to fuck Hamas up in Palestine soon. I suggest he gets his ass over there, and beg to be included in the invasion so he can experience real FIBUA, IED, fanatic muslim jihadist, etc. Even if he come back missing one leg, or one arm, or one eye, I will still have more respect for him than this cheebye 32km route march shit.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He is a what? in the armed forces??, he needs to understand, the what & which??...did Gen. Douglas MacArthur packed his full pack & march with his men to understand the ARMY?? did..Gen. Colin Powell?? oh! I forgot...those are real Generals, not these "Mickey Mouse" type...why doesn't he, go on a 32km course in Lahad Datu....

I did & we did, when we were doing National Slavery...20kg on a 32km...was part & parcel of military training...do not know, how many times we did it here & overseas...?? now we have a "Mickey Mouse" general, doing that , & the shit paper, is making him sound like some, "macho man"...

This fucker was an Air Force pilot, so, he wanted to experience what the infantry man experienced. There is also why it was mentioned he went for the RSN diver course. But, there is really no substitute for combat real war experience. This guy is frankly a sinkie killer. In any real confrontation, with bullets flying, he will simply get sinkies killed. He has not the slightest inkling how to conduct a war and more importantly, how to win one. I would rather he resign his office, go overseas, join the US Army, French Foreign Legion, IDF, etc. There is no shortage wars out there. If he survives one or two years and actually tasted real combat, got into firefights, led a platoon or company in successful engagements, than come back to SIngapore, I don't believe the SAF will say no to reinstating his old rank. But of course, that is the difference between wayang and real.