• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What bothers you most?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There're moments in your life when you think about a few things and it is not about 'why're we here' or 'who created us'.

It is other just as equally perplexing issues of life. So, what bothers you most?

1. Wealth
2. Health
3. Loved ones
4. Friends
5. World peace
6. Religion and politics
7. Longevity
8. Fairness
9. Karma
10. Physical beauty and deformities and ugliness
11. Truth and lies and the unknown
12. Evil
13. Superstition
14. Science and pseudo-sceince
15. Emotions and Logical mind
16. Happiness, Sadness and contentment
17. Mental health and intelligence
18. Prodigy and retardedness

There will be others, but what bothers me most is that life on this world is only transient and many things are not within our control and then after living for a few decades, we all have to bade good-bye and return to dust.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What bothers me most, is :

(1) God
(2) Health
(3) The ability & opportunity to place 3 square meals on the table
(4) Wealth
(5) People whose hands are on my CPF hard earned, BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS money, I DO NOT TRUST THEM, for another 50 years...

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What bothers me most, is :

(1) God
(2) Health
(3) The ability & opportunity to place 3 square meals on the table
(4) Wealth
(5) People whose hands are on my CPF hard earned, BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS money, I DO NOT TRUST THEM, for another 50 years...

Item 5 ah, got to wait for 2016 and beyond for any ray of hope.....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Nothing bothers me because I couldn't give a shit about the rest of the world and I am fully aware that I am mortal and I am under no illusion that life is supposed to have some sort of higher meaning.

One of my favourite genres is Astro Physics. When you become aware of just how vast the universe is and just how little we understand about what goes on around us, you'll very quickly realise that planet earth and the whole human race are absolutely insignificant in the grand scheme of things and our existence on the cosmic time scale is so infinitesimal that it is of no consequence whatsoever.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what bothers me most is that life on this world is only transient and many things are not within our control and then after living for a few decades, we all have to bade good-bye and return to dust.

why don't you just concentrate on fucking PAP IB

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There're moments in your life when you think about a few things and it is not about 'why're we here' or 'who created us'.

It is other just as equally perplexing issues of life. So, what bothers you most?

1. Wealth
2. Health
3. Loved ones
4. Friends
5. World peace
6. Religion and politics
7. Longevity
8. Fairness
9. Karma
10. Physical beauty and deformities and ugliness
11. Truth and lies and the unknown
12. Evil
13. Superstition
14. Science and pseudo-sceince
15. Emotions and Logical mind
16. Happiness, Sadness and contentment
17. Mental health and intelligence
18. Prodigy and retardedness

There will be others, but what bothers me most is that life on this world is only transient and many things are not within our control and then after living for a few decades, we all have to bade good-bye and return to dust.

you bother me most..fuck you..

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The history of the Universe in 10 minutes. Mankind is nothing more than a very minor sideshow.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
[h=1]Michio Kaku helps make complex issues more digestible.[/h]
[h=1][/h]

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Might spend some time to ponder some things, but nothing really bothers me as I have accepted that I will not know the answers or have the solutions to many questions in my lifetime on earth and am a small pawn amidst big thing I have no control or influence over. Just do what I can the things in front of me, hope nothing catastrophic happens to me or my loved ones in my existence on this planet, hope to marry off my daughter one day, and after that I don't want to live too long on this fucked up planet where our species is crappy, selfish, and is the planet's cancer.

Cheers!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
hope to marry off my daughter one day,

That's very traditional thinking given the fact that marriage has pretty much lost its sanctity and significance. Are you sure she's even going to marry the traditional gender?

images

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam, dun you have emotions? As long as you're human, your thoughts are filtered by your emotions before your brain processed them.

Do you know which organ has the strongest electromagnetic signature? It is not the brain, but the heart.

Someone can die of a broken heart and the heart, unknown to most people, is the center of your emotions, while scientists are still deciphering the left and right brain and ignoring the contributions of the heart to the 'thoughts and actions' process.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Leongsam, dun you have emotions?

Of course I have emotions but I'm well grounded enough to know that nobody else gives a shit about how I feel and that it's up to me and me alone to create the sort of life I want to lead.

I also know enough about human emotions to tell everyone here that getting rid of the PAP is not going to make sinkies any happier. There may be an initial feeling of euphoria on election night in 2016 if this happens but a year or so later, people will be realising that if their lives were a mess under the PAP, they'd still have exactly the same problems under the WP or whatever hodge podge coalition that is running the country.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What bothers us Sillyporeans most is "Job".
No job = no $$$ = no food on the table.

You can forget about the rest of your ideas, theories, philosophies etc when you can't even feed yourself and pay all your bills.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
What bothers us Sillyporeans most is "Job".
No job = no $$$ = no food on the table.

You can forget about the rest of your ideas, theories, philosophies etc when you can't even feed yourself and pay all your bills.

If you start operating on a higher plane, paying the bills is a non issue. You'll rise above these sorts of mundane matters.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this area, I am old fashioned, but if it turns out she's gone with the unconventional way of life, I will still accept her choice, it's her life.

Cheers!

That's very traditional thinking given the fact that marriage has pretty much lost its sanctity and significance. Are you sure she's even going to marry the traditional gender?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something really bothers me.

I have been trying to find a place for my children to settle down. But they are under 21, so effectively, my wife have to leave with them to that they qualify for residency and eventually citizenship for my kids. I can't go because i need to take care of the elders in my family. I love my kids a lot, it saddens me that i have to break up my family so that my children can move on.

I know time is running out because my children are older, but i cannot decide where to send them yet.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Something really bothers me.

I have been trying to find a place for my children to settle down. But they are under 21, so effectively, my wife have to leave with them to that they qualify for residency and eventually citizenship for my kids. I can't go because i need to take care of the elders in my family. I love my kids a lot, it saddens me that i have to break up my family so that my children can move on.

I know time is running out because my children are older, but i cannot decide where to send them yet.

Why do you have to send them somewhere?

Your job is to feed them, clothe them and educate them. Once they come of age, they're going to fly the coup to lead their own lives anyway. Let them make their own choices in life.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once they come of age, they're going to fly the coup to lead their own lives anyway. Let them make their own choices in life.

good brother, i never asked if you are married with kids or single?

To answer you question/point. Actually I understood some facts of life lately. Our future generation will be enslaved in two ways; debts and regime.

All the kids in primary or secondary schools now, will be enslaved by debts. Many of them will even need to indirectly borrow money to make downpayments for their house/car and tertiary education. Once you have your first quarter million, the second will come faster. Some people spent two decades working before seeing the first 250K appearing in their bank accounts, some never, because of indebtedness.

We can teach them how to work hard or even how to manage money, but with widening income gap here, if you are not there, you will never be there. So, on my part, i hope to give my kids their first 200K when they turn 21.

For regime, i need to move them somewhere else. You see, they are free to "make their own choices in life", but RUN is just doing his part as a parent to offer them more BETTER choices by sending them away. hahaha, i cannot study for them, but i can do all these for them