• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Life After 55

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing remotely associated with CPF. And nothing to do with CLTP.

For bros who are 55 yrs and more, care to share what's it like?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my case, more illness!

When I look at teenagers, reminded me of my kids wben they were teenagers and my own teenage years. Never like that before I turned 55.

When I drove past some places, brought back pleasant memories of the past. Places like Capitol cinema and Armenian St, National Library etc.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pap should do a favour to those who r retired, old and no money by allowing this to happen. Give a farewell party house... Than pap wont b bothered also.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IFKu_bwMoYE[/video]

papbodoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pap should do a favour to those who r retired, old and no money by allowing this to happen. Give a farewell party house... Than pap wont b bothered also.

they will only tell you not to retire so early.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Less energy, less 'juice' !, more wisdom, more time, worried about money (how long will it last u)....and worry about the dreaded "The end" stage!!

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you hit 55, you'll realized that you will be getting more sickness, more lonely, little brother want to Piak also cannot stand long and keep thinking about the past.
For an average Joe, money will not be enough and you still can't withdraw much of your hard earn $$$ even if you need it desperately.

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I look at teenagers, reminded me of my kids wben they were teenagers and my own teenage years. Never like that before I turned 55.

When I drove past some places, brought back pleasant memories of the past. Places like Capitol cinema and Armenian St, National Library etc.

Looks like ACPS holds fond memories for you given the places that you mentioned. Same here for me though i am not 55 years old yet. Running at the Padang, hanging out at Fort Canning Park and the shopping arcade at Peninsula hotel and plaza after eca on saturdays. Going to Van Kleef Aquarium. Going to to the old MPH.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like ACPS holds fond memories for you given the places that you mentioned. Same here for me though i am not 55 years old yet. Running at the Padang, hanging out at Fort Canning Park and the shopping arcade at Peninsula hotel and plaza after eca on saturdays. Going to Van Kleef Aquarium. Going to to the old MPH.

Yes sir! Dont forget Methodist Book Room and the building next to it where expensive cars were always parked outside. Those days Hock Lam St still around.

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes sir! Dont forget Methodist Book Room and the building next to it where expensive cars were always parked outside. Those days Hock Lam St still around.

Ah yes.. Methodist book room. The building next to it is the Free Mason building? I only found out long after i left ACPS. Another memory is the char kway teow stall at armenia street and the old coffee shop just outside the old national library.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah yes.. Methodist book room. The building next to it is the Free Mason building? I only found out long after i left ACPS. Another memory is the char kway teow stall at armenia street and the old coffee shop just outside the old national library.

Yes, the ckt and National Library wonton mee and ice kachang.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal

First thing first. Penis goes limp more often due to stress and worry about where next meal coming from and how to keep up with CPF min sum.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal

...what about the old Japanese Kempetai building (old CPIB Building) next to National Library...many said that building was haunted, now demolished. That building should have been preserved to remind young sinkies of Jap occupation of SG.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...what about the old Japanese Kempetai building (old CPIB Building) next to National Library...many said that building was haunted, now demolished. That building should have been preserved to remind young sinkies of Jap occupation of SG.

Yup. CPIB was once located there. Many old buildingd are haunted. That includes schools, army camps etc.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

PAP should just drop dead and die...

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
catching grasshoppers at fort canning & reading all the tombstones along the walls there !

checking out the ghostly passageway in secret room to the clock tower's top!