• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SGD Strong, Ringgit Weak

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello bro,

Part 1: Property
I am not sure about buying 400K condo due to the min. 1m selling price for properties sold to foreigners. I believe 500K is still possible as i heard that the new 1m measure is only applicable for resale or new launches. please correct me if i am wrong.

Until last year foreign purchase of properties in Malaysia was so hot, developers were launching their properties overseas and selling at twice what locals can afford. So cooling measures were put in place to force developers to create more for locals. I believe RM1 mil is the minimum value a foreigner can buy properties. But This have cooled the iskandar region too much and soon, they may revert back to the old RM500k threshold.
It should be the responsibility of the state govenrment to build affordable housing. They have huge amount of unused state land. instead, they are selling these to developers at hefty prices and left locals in a lurch.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am impressed with the general idea of your plan - lowest risk, hedged sgd appreciation with your property, highest return. Not so sure about mlm hahahaha

I know people in middle-aged who rent out their 5-room hdb, work in sg, but sleep in JB.

It would be a hassle for the family if this is the case as the whole family will have to move over to JB
It the uncle is is divorced, that is understandable.

For the case of single, I believe they can only buy max, 3 room flat right?

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Until last year foreign purchase of properties in Malaysia was so hot, developers were launching their properties overseas and selling at twice what locals can afford. So cooling measures were put in place to force developers to create more for locals. I believe RM1 mil is the minimum value a foreigner can buy properties. But This have cooled the iskandar region too much and soon, they may revert back to the old RM500k threshold.
It should be the responsibility of the state govenrment to build affordable housing. They have huge amount of unused state land. instead, they are selling these to developers at hefty prices and left locals in a lurch.
iskandar condos mostly target foreigners,
the price can buy a few landed for locals.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Nope. Its the malaysian government not able to reduce their debt. always spending above (deficit budget getting bigger) their means and subsidising many things unnecessarily, like diesel/petrol, the two biggest subsidies. If they cut off the subsidies, the gomen scared lose votes and power. So continue until maybe too much too bear.

they are trying to solve it with 6%GST

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they are trying to solve it with 6%GST

The implementation of GST in Malaysia will definitely help on their deficit.
Will this be the turning point for the RM to strengthen vis a vis to Sing dollar?.

Understand its going to be implemented in 2015.
Will we see a trend of the RM strengthening in anticipation?.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

very interesting views. Yes, 500K is a better entry level.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
For large amount, western union remittance desk is offering 0.02 to 0.025 sen spread + a tiny bit of t/t charges. You need to have a bank account in malaysia for them to t/t to you (account name must be same as you, to be legal).

Eg. Currently MYR spot is 2.60, you can get buy at appx 2.575-2.58 from them.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hee heee hee! I second that. GST is to help the poor gets poorer since the rich doesn't feel any pinch.

GST is an important tax for Malaysia or they will run into cashflow problem.

For eg. a neighbourhood shop has a $1 million turnover and net profits is $30,000
The income tax contribution from the establishment for the $1million turnover is less than $10K.
But with GST, the Malaysian government can just take $60K from the $1million turnover, even if the neighbourhood shop is not profitable.

GG789

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is everyone talking about buying properties in Malaysia but no one is considering renting:confused:

do u know malaysia housing interest rate is about 4-5%

and the rental yield is not high and high risk of the tenants not paying their rental on times.