• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minister Hen: RSAF has robust defence for SInkiepore airspace

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
whatever it is a woman with small boobs can do much? What can a pair of nipples do?

Air defense in the event of war with the one or more neighbours will not be limited to just flying circles over 710sq km.

One of the first tasks at hand will be to neutralise the air power of the enemy. Once that is achieved Singapore will then be able to patrol the sea lanes unhindered to prevent a blockade of any sort.

You have to understand that a large part of Singapore's defense involves offense. We can't just sit back and allow artillery and missiles to rain down on the Island. Defense in depth will have to be achieved.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The RSAF isn't going to wait till intruders are actually over the 710sqkm of airspace immediately above the Island. Way back in in 1988 when I was directly involved in the air defense of the Island, the E2Cs that were being used at the time provided more than 30 minutes of warning of any unusual aircraft activity within a cone of more than 250km radius.

You can read about the E2C's capabilities at https://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/e-2.htm

Many years have passed and I'm sure the advanced warning features today give even more time to react.

At Tengah Air Base, one squadron would be on standby duty at all times and could be scrambled within minutes. I can vouch for this because I witnessed it many times when I was deployed there.

All Air Forces have their limitations but I can tell you that when it comes to air defense, Singapore is not to be messed with. It is one of the best in the region. It's something that Singaporeans should truly be proud of.

Now have been replaced by Gulfstream G550 with a much more powerful and modern israeli radar. the radar range is now officially 370km. Plus, the CAEW aircraft fly a circuit which could be another 100km outside singapore island, making the total range of nearly 500km. Might be even further out than 100km. In any case, the question becomes why did the Gullstream not detect MH370 flying down south from Penang towards Australia? Surely, a passenger plane with no transponder and no signals eminating from it would have been flagged by the G550. Or is that capability also smoke and mirrors?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Or is that capability also smoke and mirrors?

I really don't know. Perhaps they did spot the aircraft but since it wasn't heading towards Singapore airspace no alarms were set off. I no longer have any contact with the air force grapevine.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
In this day and age, it would be impossible to deploy hundreds of missiles without being seen. The air force would have to take them out before they are fired or if it comes to the unfortunate situation where an attack has already begun, the launching sites would have to be neutralised asap to prevent further attacks.

However, as you have pointed out, Singapore is an oasis located in an unfriendly neighborhood. Nothing can be taken for granted. That is why it is important for the nation to remain united and steadfast.

Since your military knowledge is not up to snuff, you should stop making an ass of yourself. What make you think launching sites are not mobile? They fire and they leave the area. Good luck finding them. In any case, if an attack occurs, it will not be from missiles but from rockets from a MLRS. And those are not stoppable. And everything is on wheels now. U think they have fixed installations for the air force to hit? Dream on.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Since your military knowledge is not up to snuff, you should stop making an ass of yourself. What make you think launching sites are not mobile? They fire and they leave the area. Good luck finding them. In any case, if an attack occurs, it will not be from missiles but from rockets from a MLRS. And those are not stoppable. And everything is on wheels now. U think they have fixed installations for the air force to hit? Dream on.

The build up to war does not happen in a vacuum. If things escalate towards conflict, intelligence has to kick in an and sufficient knowledge gained to neutralise the threat should it occur.

Why do you think Singapore hosts the US navy from time to time and kisses Uncle Sam's ass when required. It's to keep the nation within the intelligence loop.

NZ does the same thing and acts as listening post for the Southern Ocean.

Doctrines are always under continuous development to counter various scenarios and mobile launching sites are not new. They were a factor more than 3 decades ago when monitoring technology was still in the rudimentary stage.

I admit I am out of date as I no longer have a direct role in the defense of Singapore and things change very quickly.

I'm not pretending to be an expert either. I'm merely trying to counter the idea that Singapore cannot be defended and the we, as Singaporeans, should simply discard all hope of securing the place we call home and leave it completely vulnerable so that the neighbors can do whatever they want with the Island.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Singapore has the hardware. However, because peace has prevailed many systems have not been tested in real life. This problem affects all countries not just Singapore.

When it comes to the crunch, I'm sure mistakes will be made as has been the case in many wars. Even the Israelis have made strategic mistakes.

However, it is comforting to know that Singapore has the hardware and manpower in place to deal with aggression. We can only hope that if war does break out, the learning curve will be as short as possible and that casualties and damage can be kept as low as possible.

The best possible scenario is to prevent aggression in the first place and Singapore has done an outstanding job in sending a clear message that attacking the Island will prove very costly to the aggressor.

The alternative is to adopt a fatalistic attitude that Singapore is a sitting duck so why bother in the first place and spend nothing on defense. We all know that this stance would be an open invitation to take over the country.

Seriously, you have to stop spewing shit. You can have the best hardware in the world, the best equipped and trained men in the world, its all useless when you don't have good military leaders to lead them. Our paper scholar generals have never fired a shot in anger, nor seen combat. Even Indonesian generals are not respectful of them. Everyone in Asia knows they are a joke. There are so many cambridge, harvard, MIT degrees among them, but not one graduate from the places that really count e.g. West Point, Sandhurst, etc. These assholes are just politicians and Ministers in waiting. Without good generalship, the best army in the world is useless. Look at Alexander the Great's victory at gaugamela against a much larger Persian army. His tactical skill, and maneovring of his troops routed enemy. Singaporeans know that we have fucktards fraudulently masquerading as generals. they are nor fatalistic. they are just realistic that when these idiots lead the SAF into war, all is lost even before a shot is fired. the sooner you wrap your brain around that, the better for you.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The biggest threat is the enemy within.
With the pappies openly welcoming all and sundry, who knows how many of these foreigners are a security threat?
One of the highest paid in the world even boasted about how many foreigners served NS under him!

the biggest threat is the PAP themselves. They are great (especially Old Fart) at pissing off and antagonizing the neighbours.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you just summed up this thread, see in red.

Until the shipping route is not busy anymore and Myanmar taken over the transshipment businesses, this is still a dot island and neighbors can come and get it.

I don't even believe in NSF for Singapore, a total stupid idea from that bastard Hakka man.

Chinese made one big mistake which is not conquer Myanmar.

The build up to war does not happen in a vacuum. If things escalate towards conflict, intelligence has to kick in an and sufficient knowledge gained to neutralise the threat should it occur.

.... as Singaporeans, should simply discard all hope of securing the place we call home and leave it completely vulnerable so that the neighbors can do whatever they want with the Island.

Last edited:

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not pretending to be an expert either. I'm merely trying to counter the idea that Singapore cannot be defended and the we, as Singaporeans, should simply discard all hope of securing the place we call home and leave it completely vulnerable so that the neighbors can do whatever they want with the Island.

You Singaporean? :confused:

I thought you mentioned many times you renounced your citizenship, withdrew all your cpf and is now a New Zealander :confused:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
When I was stationed at Tengah, there was one E2C airborne at all times and one fighter squadron on standby to be scrambled at short notice.

The E2Cs detected Indonesian naval activity during the aftermath of the hanging of the McDonald House bombers. It was the Old man's relationship with Suharto that enabled urgent phone calls to be made and the situation was diffused quickly.

I am not sure how this happen. Indon saboteurs hanged in 1968. E-2Cs only entered RSAF service in 1987. Time warp? Rupture in the space time continuum? Back to the Future?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Air defense in the event of war with the one or more neighbours will not be limited to just flying circles over 710sq km.

One of the first tasks at hand will be to neutralise the air power of the enemy. Once that is achieved Singapore will then be able to patrol the sea lanes unhindered to prevent a blockade of any sort.

You have to understand that a large part of Singapore's defense involves offense. We can't just sit back and allow artillery and missiles to rain down on the Island. Defense in depth will have to be achieved.

Arty and missiles rain down from where? malaysia? All they have to do is close the Causeway and Tuas and no meat and vegetables will come in. Than they close the tap on the water, and its game over. Why even bother to waste money raining missiles and rockets?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Why do you think Singapore hosts the US navy from time to time and kisses Uncle Sam's ass when required. It's to keep the nation within the intelligence loop.

NZ does the same thing and acts as listening post for the Southern Ocean.

Doctrines are always under continuous development to counter various scenarios and mobile launching sites are not new. They were a factor more than 3 decades ago when monitoring technology was still in the rudimentary stage.

I admit I am out of date as I no longer have a direct role in the defense of Singapore and things change very quickly.

Once again, you are full of shit. Just shut up. Build up to simi lancheow war? Who is going to attack or invade us? malaysia? Indonesia? Thailand? China? India? Who has the motivation and the ability to do so? The answer is NO ONE. Ok, just give me one country that you think wants to attack Singapore in the future and why they would do it.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Seriously, you have to stop spewing shit. You can have the best hardware in the world, the best equipped and trained men in the world, its all useless when you don't have good military leaders to lead them. Our paper scholar generals have never fired a shot in anger, nor seen combat. Even Indonesian generals are not respectful of them. Everyone in Asia knows they are a joke. There are so many cambridge, harvard, MIT degrees among them, but not one graduate from the places that really count e.g. West Point, Sandhurst, etc. These assholes are just politicians and Ministers in waiting. Without good generalship, the best army in the world is useless. Look at Alexander the Great's victory at gaugamela against a much larger Persian army. His tactical skill, and maneovring of his troops routed enemy. Singaporeans know that we have fucktards fraudulently masquerading as generals. they are nor fatalistic. they are just realistic that when these idiots lead the SAF into war, all is lost even before a shot is fired. the sooner you wrap your brain around that, the better for you.

Relax there is no need to get worked up. When a crisis looms, the cream will invariably rise to the top.

Great Britain was full of incompetent officers too as an armed forces career as a commissioned officer was a family tradition more than anything else. However, the country eventually prevailed.

I'm sure there are some top notch military men in Singapore. They just haven't had a chance to show their true colours.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Once again, you are full of shit. Just shut up. Build up to simi lancheow war? Who is going to attack or invade us? malaysia? Indonesia? Thailand? China? India? Who has the motivation and the ability to do so? The answer is NO ONE. Ok, just give me one country that you think wants to attack Singapore in the future and why they would do it.

If you're going to be abusive, there's no point debating.

The answer to your question is that nobody can foretell the future. Indonesia declared hostilities on Singapore when it was part of Malaysia. There could be a repeat of such a scenario.

Political instability in a neighboring country could also result in hostile action in a scenario similar to what started the Falkland's war. Singapore has always been the whipping boy of Malaysian politicians when they want to score political capital.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Singapore should project air power not just defence, to project air power we should get this fearsome creature

20110225235041.jpg

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If you're going to be abusive, there's no point debating.

The answer to your question is that nobody can foretell the future. Indonesia declared hostilities on Singapore when it was part of Malaysia. There could be a repeat of such a scenario.

Political instability in a neighboring country could also result in hostile action in a scenario similar to what started the Falkland's war. Singapore has always been the whipping boy of Malaysian politicians when they want to score political capital.

You still have not explained why Indonesia might declare hostilities on Singapore. Don't bring up the past. The situation was totally different than. lets talk about today. What would bring Indonesia to declare war on us today? Just say it, otherwise shut the fuck up.