• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

4-yr-old girl raising funds to help 5-yr-old friend to walk.......please donate......

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
stop donating to S'porepools.................donate to the girl instead.......

4-year-old Casey Burke has launched an appeal to raise £25,000 to help her best friend walk - something she will never do herself. Casey Burke, suffers from cerebral palsy as does her best friend Matilda Duncan, 5.
Casey will never be able to walk herself, but her friend Matilda could be able to if she undergoes a pioneering procedure.

Her family are unable to afford the £25,000 treatment but a fundraising appeal has been launched in the hope that 25,000 will pledge £1.

Casey said: 'Matilda is only 5 and so doesn’t have enough money in her piggy bank. So me and my mummy are helping Matilda and her mummy to raise the money.'

'We need to ask 25,648 people for £1 each, but I don’t know that many people. I don’t mind that I can’t have the operation - I just want my best friend to be okay. If everyone could give me just a few pennies then Tilly will be able to walk. I don’t want a lot from one person, just a little from many.'

Her friend Matilda said: 'Casey is my best friend and we both have cerebral palsy. She can’t have an operation but the doctors say that I can. I love her for helping me. I will always help her too.'

The girls, who became friends at nursery, were both born prematurely and both have perfectly healthy twins.
Casey and her twin Carmel live with their older brother Luca, 5, and parents Suzanne and Mike, in Eastcote, west London.

Matilda uses a walking frame and callipers to get around while Casey uses a wheelchair. Matilda and her twin brother Matthew live with their mother Rachel Knowles, 41, and their project manager father Matthew Duncan, 41, in Hayes, west London.

Her family discovered she was eligible for the revolutionary procedure, known as Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy, just before Christmas. Rachel, a shop assistant, said: 'After loads of tests, Great Ormond Street Hospital send us a letter saying that Matilda was eligible for the operation.'

'I don’t have a problem with being asked to pay towards our daughter’s care, but we could simply never be able to afford such a great expense.'

The revolutionary spinal operation will require Matilda to stay in hospital for a week, and undergo weeks of intensive physiotherapy. Casey’s mother Suzanne, 43, said: 'The operation is a very rare and complicated procedure which only a few Cerebral Palsy sufferers can benefit from. Unfortunately, Casey’s condition is too severe for her to be able to have the operation herself. She suffers from hip dysplasia, and has already had two operations that removed her legs and pinned them back in the correct position. Casey never complains - she’s an absolute angel. I’m so proud.'

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: 4-yr-old girl raising funds to help 5-yr-old friend to walk.......please donate..

-Casey-Burke-and-Matilda-Duncan-3009339.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/casey-burke-cerebral-palsy-sufferer-3009403

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GOD IS MY DOG again."

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 4-yr-old girl raising funds to help 5-yr-old friend to walk.......please donate..

thanks ah..............the girls are so cute hor............

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bump................donate a bit leh.................tolong lah.............2 dollars lah