• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need advice regarding blood pressure

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
thank.i intending to go for a checkout.
by the way..what am i suppose to tell the doc?say i got thyroid prob?

good morning sir,

if you tell the doctor you have such a high systolic blood pressure and a low diastolic with a racing pulse, the doctor should consider thyroid and other tests ( even check your kidney and adrenals as well.perhaps other secondary causes of the high blood pressure...)

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/secondary-hypertension/DS01114/DSECTION=causes

A number of conditions can cause secondary hypertension. These include:

Diabetes complications (diabetic nephropathy). Diabetes can damage your kidneys' filtering system, which can lead to high blood
pressure.

Polycystic kidney disease. In this inherited condition, cysts in your kidneys prevent the kidneys from working normally and can raise blood pressure.

Glomerular disease. Your kidneys filter waste and sodium using microscopic-sized filters called glomeruli that can sometimes become swollen. If the swollen glomeruli can't work normally, you may develop high blood pressure.

Renovascular hypertension. This is a type of secondary hypertension caused by narrowing (stenosis) of one or both arteries leading to your kidneys. Renovascular hypertension can cause severe hypertension and irreversible kidney damage. It's often caused by the same type of fatty plaques that can damage your coronary arteries (atherosclerosis) or a separate condition in which the muscle and fibrous tissues of the renal artery wall thicken and harden into rings (fibromuscular dysplasia).

Cushing syndrome. In this condition, corticosteroid medications themselves may cause secondary hypertension, or hypertension may be caused by a pituitary tumor or other factors that cause the adrenal glands to produce too much of the hormone cortisol. This raises blood pressure.

Aldosteronism. In this condition, a tumor in the adrenal gland, increased growth of normal cells in the adrenal gland or other factors cause the adrenal glands to release an excessive amount of the hormone aldosterone. This makes your kidneys retain salt and water and lose too much potassium, which raises blood pressure.

Pheochromocytoma. This rare tumor, usually found in an adrenal gland, increases production of the hormones adrenaline and noradrenaline, which can lead to long-term high blood pressure or short-term spikes in blood pressure.

Thyroid problems. When the thyroid gland doesn't produce enough thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism) or produces too much thyroid hormone (hyperthyroidism), high blood pressure can result.

Hyperparathyroidism. The parathyroid glands regulate levels of calcium and phosphorus in your body. If the glands secrete too much parathyroid hormone, the amount of calcium in your blood rises — which triggers a rise in blood pressure.

Coarctation of the aorta. With this defect you're born with, the body's main artery (aorta) is narrowed (coarctation). This forces the heart to pump harder to get blood through the aorta and to the rest of your body. This, in turn, raises blood pressure — particularly in your arms.

Sleep apnea. In this condition, often marked by severe snoring, breathing repeatedly stops and starts during sleep, causing you to not get enough oxygen. Not getting enough oxygen may damage the lining of the blood vessel walls, which may make your blood vessels less effective in regulating your blood pressure. In addition, sleep apnea causes part of the nervous system to be overactive and release certain chemicals that increase blood pressure.

Obesity. As you gain weight, the amount of blood circulating through your body increases. This puts added pressure on your artery walls, increasing your blood pressure. Excess weight often is associated with an increase in heart rate and a reduction in the capacity of your blood vessels to transport blood. In addition, fat deposits can release chemicals that raise blood pressure. All of these factors can cause hypertension.

Pregnancy. Pregnancy can make existing high blood pressure worse, or may cause high blood pressure to develop (pregnancy-induced hypertension or preeclampsia).

Medications and supplements. Various prescription medications — such as pain relievers, antidepressants and drugs used after organ transplants — can cause or aggravate high blood pressure in some people. Birth control pills, decongestants and certain herbal supplements, including ginseng, licorice and ephedra (ma huang), may have the same effect. Many illegal drugs, such as cocaine and methamphetamine, also increase blood pressure.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Pheochromocytoma. This rare tumor, usually found in an adrenal gland, increases production of the hormones adrenaline and noradrenaline, which can lead to long-term high blood pressure or short-term spikes in blood pressure.

One of my young friends, only 28 years old, has this condition. He went for a thorough check and found to have this tumour. Surgery was done and now he is perfectly well with no elevated blood pressure at all. He always complained of headache and racing pulse and his systolic pressure was always very high at all times!

Now , he is well and running. So please take care of your blood pressure...and enjoy your holidays and the festive season.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Went for a bike ride.. came home... had a shower and lunch... then took BP. 120/78.... five minutes later....115/70.

jw5

Loyal
Went for a bike ride.. came home... had a shower and lunch... then took BP. 120/78.... five minutes later....115/70.

another five minutes later, it will be 110/62, then another five minutes later, it will be 105/54....................... :o

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
another five minutes later, it will be 110/62, then another five minutes later, it will be 105/54....................... :o

I'm through with this. There's nothing wrong with my BP.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
From this and other posts concerning your state of health and lifestyle, you need not be concerned about these. Perhaps you should be on the lookout for reckless drivers instead. Have fun.

Cheers!

I cycle 350 km per week. I'm 60kg and you can count my ribs. I can't possibly do anymore exercise. I'd die of exhaustion.:p Food in NZ isn't salty either.. no MSG and very little sodium as there is no unhealthy hawker stuff here. Hardly eat red meat... mainly fish.

Probably need to join the tonychat vegan club. There I've said it myself before he butts in.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very likely you have white collar syndrome.

Went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and my blood pressure was 150/100. Doc told me that I had to get it down or he'd have to prescribe medication.

Monitored by blood pressure at home for the last 10 days. It has never gone above 120/75. The Omron bp monitor I'm using has been calibrated and is accurate.

What should I do? Any doctors in the house?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw a program in PRC that western blood pressure med is bad for the arteries also. The Chinese doc recommended some mushrooms to "tiao jie" the body system. It's in one of the "Yang Shen You Dao" programs, you may want to check it out. Trying to find that particular program myself:(

Went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and my blood pressure was 150/100. Doc told me that I had to get it down or he'd have to prescribe medication.

Monitored by blood pressure at home for the last 10 days. It has never gone above 120/75. The Omron bp monitor I'm using has been calibrated and is accurate.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm through with this. There's nothing wrong with my BP.

I want to politicize this thread inspired by the way Leongsam politicize my Gaia Spacecraft. thread in Serious section.

I want to politicize this thread inspired by the way Leongsam politicize my Gaia Spacecraft. thread in Serious section.
I do not believe in eye for an eye.
I believe in 3 or 4 eyes for an eye as interests must be given too

The only place fit for that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY to be buried under

Public-toilet-sign-in-Bei-009.jpg

20080225-public%20toilet%20perrochon.jpg

7830541.jpg

20071010119200281322880800.jpg

Bury that bastard LKY under a public toilet or in sewerage treatment plant.
Sinkies shit on him or flowing around him will purify that bastard LKY
The stink of our shit will smell a lot better than that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

White-coat hypertension. Just monitor your BP first thing in the morning every day. Omron is a reliable machine.