• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

turtle soup at jalan bersah

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a reason to site these stalls nearby to Desker n Rowell roads plus Petain or bananab leg.

The dish gives you hee oomph to perform like Superdick n whores there will give you free seconds!!!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yup you are right.
3 stalls. i alway order from the center stall, which suit my taste.
today i let out a little secret.
the turtle soup is actually not pure turtle soup.
why?
the soup consist of chicken, duck,herbs chinese yam..and other meat.(we call this common soup)
the turtle is cook with little water.the meat extracted.
now they have a giant pot of soup.
when you order turtle soup, they mix common soup with a tiny fraction of turtle soup.
when you order chicken soup, they give you common soup.

next time when you order, buy take away..then you stand in front of the stall..look at what they mix..and you understand everything

I never order from those stalls locate at the center of the hawker centre, they sell so many types of soup, crocs, black chicken, etc etc.... the only authenic turtle soup stall is the one at the corner and can see lim ah boy branch when standing at the stall. Operate by a short grandmother, open only 4 days a week nowsaday. The signboard shd be "lao zhong shan turtle soup" and they serve the soup in those chicken rice bowl.

Btw, turtle meat is a healthy meat, good for lungs and throat. The skin, the so call jelly, is good collegen, ladies who want smooth heathly skin shd try to eat it.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never order from those stalls locate at the center of the hawker centre, they sell so many types of soup, crocs, black chicken, etc etc.... the only authenic turtle soup stall is the one at the corner and can see lim ah boy branch when standing at the stall. Operate by a short grandmother, open only 4 days a week nowsaday. The signboard shd be "lao zhong shan turtle soup" and they serve the soup in those chicken rice bowl.

Btw, turtle meat is a healthy meat, good for lungs and throat. The skin, the so call jelly, is good collegen, ladies who want smooth heathly skin shd try to eat it.

thank for the great info.i am trying again tomm.anyone heard of side effect for overdose of turtle soup?like twice a week?

they sell turtle blood or not?

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Point of Note to Yonder:
Nextime do notice how these turtLes' soup Vendors' face do actuaLLy resembLe a TurtLe in certain features..:cool:
Aka Andy Lau's Syndrome....:eek::wink:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro can confirm is it Shan Zhong Bao http://www.turtlesoup.com.sg/shanzhongbao/index.html
i search the web..no have lao zhong shan

any meat meater confirm?

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro can confirm is it Shan Zhong Bao http://www.turtlesoup.com.sg/shanzhongbao/index.html
i search the web..no have lao zhong shan

any meat meater confirm?

paiseh... miss your post.

correct, that the stall. i must have mix up on their business signboard name.

now no longer operate everyday, but sat and sunday confirm open. no blood as they no licence to slaughter the animal but for extra $2, they will give you a extra bowl of soup with turtle egg yolks.

if really want eat turtle blood jelly, i think you can try the more expensive turtle soup restaurant along guildmard road, ard geylang lor 30+. the owner is the only authorised private operator who have license to slaughter turtle in singapore.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

now no longer operate everyday, but sat and sunday confirm open. no blood as they no licence to slaughter the animal but for extra $2, they will give you a extra bowl of soup with turtle egg yolks.

if really want eat turtle blood jelly, i think you can try the more expensive turtle soup restaurant along guildmard road, ard geylang lor 30+. the owner is the only authorised private operator who have license to slaughter turtle in singapore.

waa.you know so much about turtle.
i went on tue..no open.sian.
turtle egg is first come first sell, or sure have?
but how to confirm it is turtle egg and not normal egg?
that day i tried another stall from the center.
i ask for all turtle shell( the soft jelly) for $13...they give me decent a lot.
that night my cock real solid hard and horny.i swear by that.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
waa.you know so much about turtle.
i went on tue..no open.sian.
turtle egg is first come first sell, or sure have?
but how to confirm it is turtle egg and not normal egg?
that day i tried another stall from the center.
i ask for all turtle shell( the soft jelly) for $13...they give me decent a lot.
that night my cock real solid hard and horny.i swear by that.

Turtle eggs much smaller than chicken eggs. The yolks have a hard case and taste different. When the yolk is cooked, it taste very rough so best it is only half boil.

I wont say i know a lot abt turtle soup but i first started eating turtle soup during kindergarten age at the old tai seng turtle soup with my old man. Those days, it only a dirt road connecting the tai seng turtle soup to the payer lebar rd and that more than 30 yrs ago.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
happens to pass by jalan bersah.
had a bowl of turtle soup.
meat with soft shell.
fucking shiok.
anyone know the benefit of eating turtle?
which part of turtle got the best benefit?
are they fresh water or salt water?
does supermarket also sell turtle in package?
expecting tonychat to comment

Eating turtle has no benefit. It is the herbs that used to boil the soup that make your dick hard and horny.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

field report:
went to shan zhong bao today.

sleaguepunter is right.
they sell PURE turtle soup.no other chicken,duck,croc,bird soup.
so to speak, the soup other than turtle itself, the rest is herbs.
try all the 3 turtle stalls at level 2, has to agree with sleaguepunter.
shan zhong bao is is mildly salted, less creamy, mildy herbs.
meat and shell kjelly is generous portion.
order $13 combo...with turtle leg,meat and shell...
sibei yummy.
went at 2 pm..they say eggs bo liao..bo bian disappointed.
ask for more soup, they got no objection.
white rice softness is just perfect.not too hard,not to soft.
any guys knows farm mart at chua choo kang got sell turtle eggs?

http://i2.wp.com/gourmetestorie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/dscf5459.jpg

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

today i bring my colleague to try shan zhong bao.
he say aiya...the modern shan zhong bao is different from the old day shan zhong bao cooked by the father.
today shan zhong bao only retain 50% from the father.
after hearing this, i half sian.

so far, i have tried turtle soup at geylang lor 21
3 stall at jalan bersah,
at opp sembawang shopping mall,
i will never eat at sembawang again.
the soup just dont suit my taste..except for the turtle eggs...nice.
the 1 that suit my taste bud best is still shan zhong bao.

Last edited:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
original shan zhong bao gone forever..... only Geylong ones left but pricey leh
Guilledmard got one but not belly good.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
original shan zhong bao gone forever..... only Geylong ones left but pricey leh
Guilledmard got one but not belly good.

agrees.geyland not bad..but $22 for small claypot..leg skin meat.:eek:

Guilledmard where sia?

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
finally tried the turtle soup at macpherson ( TAI CHONG CRES )
Order the $25 per bowl combo ( soft shell plus intestine and liver & heart )
$4 for extra 3 eggs

different type of combo:
$13 all meat
$25 meat plus shell
$25 shell and organs
$25 all organs
$35 xo
it is the best soup i ever eaten. very shiok. ( soup too salty though )
tip: do not tell the waiter you want less salty soup...the cook will simplify dilute the soup and you become a carrot.
nos 1 so far : TAI CHONG CRES
nos 2: shan zhong bao at jalan bersah
nos 3 : geylang lor 21
nos 4 : middle shop at jalan bersah
nos 5 : opposite sabawang shopping mall

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone tried the turtle soup at havelock road?
happened to discover it today but they started washing up (at 2pm) so no chance to try it.

the rank of shan zhong bao at jalan bersah has drop again.their soup seem inconsistent sometime taste good.some time waste bland.now they got 1 china man to assit.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jalan Berseh shan Zhong bao turtle soup did change since the old man gone but I think his wife had done a relative good job retaining her husband recipe. I think she have difficulties and her son who used to help out when the old man was around is currently MIA. I suspect he a regular at changi resort as he once appear sporting a resort haircut.

There a turtle shop stall at hong lim market, same row with the outram ckt stall. Operate by an old man with two aunties. I won't say they very good but can provide your with a choice when u r in town. But they only operate at lunch period, ard 11am to maybe 3pm only on the second floor. I think there another stall on the first floor but I won't recommend it.

Last edited: