• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teochew taro dessert

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
song song kao taman jurong
they got sell oh nee take away?
is the oh nee very sweet?

I hate sweet stuff but this is just nice not too sweet.

I've to say again the pork lard taste is great and very original or the chinese will say "古早" or the thais will say "borlan".

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
taro or yam or the ones we eat during mid autumn moon festival, is also known as eddoes

That's for sharing that fact.
I also like the yam basket / ring.... Found out recently that this dish was invented by one of the heavenly king chefs back in the days.
Hakka abacus seeds also I like

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do love my or-ni now and then. Too much of it and it gets jelak. My favourite or-ni used to be the one served at Teochew City Seafood Restaurant at Centrepoint – rich, thick, but not too oily. Too bad it's gone belly-up.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I do love my or-ni now and then. Too much of it and it gets jelak. My favourite or-ni used to be the one served at Teochew City Seafood Restaurant at Centrepoint – rich, thick, but not too oily. Too bad it's gone belly-up.

Teochew City I love their teochew style of 鱼生 during chinese new year full of green vegetables.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sawasdeekrup Pii Narong I think its like this:

Han-zi = sweet potato
Chew-zi = tapioca
Orr = yam

must-have combo for my favorite sticky gluey dessert, bo bo cha cha, although i add 3 kinds of sweet potato to cassava (tapioca) and taro: orange, yellow, and purple (okinawan).

image.jpg
orange sweet potato

image.jpg
yellow sweet potato

image.jpg
purple sweet potato

image.jpg
cassava

image.jpg
taro

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
must-have combo for my favorite sticky gluey dessert, bo bo cha cha, although i add 3 kinds of sweet potato to cassava (tapioca) and taro: orange, yellow, and purple (okinawan).

attachment.php

orange sweet potato

attachment.php

yellow sweet potato

attachment.php

purple sweet potato

attachment.php

cassava

attachment.php

taro

Your potent mixture sure lao-sai

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if want to eat that orr ni in post 1 and no $$ to eat at restaurant, there a cheaper authentic alternative. at Hougang, where else, along upper serangoon road toward city, before the junction of lim ah pin road and jalan rengkam, there the famous teochew kuek seller, 榮潮州粿, also sell this orr ni with ginko. they only make a limited quantity of it everyday so normally by mid morning the orr ni would have sold out. cannot remember how much but should be at $2-3 range.

1022 Upper Serangoon Road, 534760