• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where To Find The Besti Xiao Long Bao Here?(no dirty thoughts please.)

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Priest priest no dirty thoughts or dirty ideas that i am always looking for the type of xiao long bao below...thank you.

I am talking about this delicious xiao long bao that i had when i was in shanghai years ago.

the xiao long bao that i eaten last sat at a tim sum kopitiam near my place in geyland taste horrible..
my birthday is a few days away and i would like to bring my family to a nice xiao long bao treat..
any guys or gals knows where can i find the best xiao long bao in spore..thank you.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
initially i love xlb at ding tai fong.
however, after knowing that ding tai fong singapore is owned by bread talk and later linked to zorro remarks, i refuse to eat xlb

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never liked any of those xiao lung pau, I perefer mine, Bak pau, char siew pau, lien yong pau...& of course the BIG PAK BAU...no dirty thoughts!!

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never liked any of those xiao lung pau, I perefer mine, Bak pau, char siew pau, lien yong pau...& of course the BIG PAK BAU...no dirty thoughts!!

try not to eat too much because one of my friends is working in bak pau factory and he told me that all the lousy meat and skins and almost expring meats are mixed up to produce bak pau.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good xiao long bao must have piping hot gravy lurking inside ready to burn your tongue when you picha lobang the skin. :p

jw5

Loyal
Original xiao long bao is ze bestest - meat filling with a little soup.

All the new variants like cheese, foii gras, soup only, chilli crab all not so exciting.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
initially i love xlb at ding tai fong.
however, after knowing that ding tai fong singapore is owned by bread talk and later linked to zorro remarks, i refuse to eat xlb

Many good alternatives to DTF.

Crystal Jade, Paradise Group restaurants, Mayim.

There are also several hawker stalls run by Tiongs selling rather authentic xlb.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Original xiao long bao is ze bestest - meat filling with a little soup.

All the new variants like cheese, foii gras, soup only, chilli crab all not so exciting.

I am a food traditionalist too. I despise all the 'novel new tastes' for prata and mooncakes.

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best xiaolongbaos are in the Havelock and Selegie areas.

Tiananmen, Las Vegas, Dynasty Classic etc

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk about Xiao Long Bao, I am very interested to know how can that little white pouch keeping the soup and not leaking. Anybody knows the secret of keeping those soup in Xiao Long Bao without any leakages and wetting the bamboo nest?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
try not to eat too much because one of my friends is working in bak pau factory and he told me that all the lousy meat and skins and almost expring meats are mixed up to produce bak pau.

This had been going on for ages....not only pau...anything that is mass produced, eat in faith..including the Q like crazy bak kwa during Lunar New Year...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When in Shanghai goggle 佳家汤包. This is the best of the best. Small shops and always pack go around 9-11am and 2-4pm less people. Think there are 3 branches now. I've posted about this before.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk about Xiao Long Bao, I am very interested to know how can that little white pouch keeping the soup and not leaking. Anybody knows the secret of keeping those soup in Xiao Long Bao without any leakages and wetting the bamboo nest?

The secret lies in the flour and making it have the elasticity and texture of a scrotum.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When in Shanghai goggle 佳家汤包. This is the best of the best. Small shops and always pack go around 9-11am and 2-4pm less people. Think there are 3 branches now. I've posted about this before.

i agree. i have been to jia jia before. best tang pau and xiao long pau i have ever eaten.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Here you go:

The Padang Restaurant . Singapore Cricket Club Connaught Drive Singapore 179681 Tel: 65 6338 9271 Fax: 65 6337 0119 . Venue. District City Hall.
:smile:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The soup is frozen and put together with the filling when they wrap the dumpling. When they steam the dumpling, the frozen soup will melt and form the soup inside. To keep everything intact, the consistency, elasticity and freshness of the dumpling skin dough is important. I have had some very badly made ones in singapore when the skin broke as we picked it up from the basket. It means they had been stored in the fridge for too long.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I recommend you also try the 生煎 next time when you are in Shanghai. It's authentic shanghainese breakfast fare. The most famous and best store according to the locals is 小羊生煎. It's really a very clever chinese "fastfood" that's very also delicious if you are into dumplings. The 口感 is excellent since the bottom is semi fried (like 锅贴) and they have pork and soup filling inside like 小龙包. But please share with someone since one portion of 5 is really damn filling.

2008122314305375000.jpg

2_73917895_diary.jpeg