• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

QB House increased price from $10 to $12 for Haircut

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
290081_456488121053841_1431295916_o.jpg

[Inflation Spotting] QB House increased price from $10 to $12 for Haircut... effectively from 15th Dec 2012

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Hong Kong, QB House has 42 outlets and the standard charge is HK$50 or less than SG$8.

See: http://www.qbhouse.com/hk/en/guidance/

Rents and salaries are higher in HK. Why is HK cheaper? HK barber more productive? HK hair-cut market more competitive? TemaSICK has shares in QB House Singapore?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't blame QB House, blame the motherfuckers who collect rent from them.

In recent years, a lot of traditional barbers had already closed shop due to insanely high rents.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't blame QB House, blame the motherfuckers who collect rent from them.

In recent years, a lot of traditional barbers had already closed shop due to insanely high rents.

In my area, the itinerant barber, I guess must have pass away, don't see him anymore, with his wicker basket, his tools of his trade..if you do not mind having a "hainese head" hairstyle...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As with voting during elections....there is always a choice.
You think not value for money then boycott or find other alternatives.

Leave long hair.
Go to JB to cut.
Cut yourself.
Be model for hairdressing students.
Got to those $4.80, $6.80 heartland hair salon.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I went to QB House a few times.

There's no big deal about it. Just quite gimmicky in my opinion: purchasing a card from a machine at the entrance, optional free comb after the haircut, vacuuming you clean etc.

Heartland hair salons are similar, except less hygienic, less consistency in quality, and poorer service. They also seem more concerned with peddling other hair products and services onto you, and pay more attention to their female clientele (hair coloring, perming and rebonding bring in much more money).

I prefer a traditional men's barber shop, with a regular barber who knows how to shave your sideburns, the back of your neck and your ears with a razor. None of the upmarket, gimmicky, franchise, unisex crap.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
10 bucks how to survive? At most make 200 bucks a day on average. 6k a month. Rent? Wages? Utilities?

I wonder how those knick knacks shop make money in shopping centres..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Leave long hair.
Go to JB to cut.
Cut yourself.

When I go to JB it's not only for the food, books, shows, banks, etc.. sometimes it's also for the haircuts at the barber where it's only RM$10(SIN$4).

Except for utilities & food I don't think you really need to shop in Spore. If the PAP is going to keep increasing costs here expect more to by-pass the Great Spore Sale & shop elsewhere. I recommend either going to the Great Malaysian Sale or to the Great Thailand Sale, both which are are cheaper :wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10 bucks how to survive? At most make 200 bucks a day on average. 6k a month. Rent? Wages? Utilities?

If the 60% are feeling the pinch then there is something they can do about in about 3 years time. While those living in in the Pasir Ris can voice their unhappiness IF there is a by-election.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Leave long hair.
Go to JB to cut.
Cut yourself.

why you people cut hair never go salon one, salon has professional stylists.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you mean a revenue of $200 a day, i.e., 20 walk-in customers, I think that is a gross underestimate. More likely, on average, 80-100 walk-in customers per outlet.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you mean a revenue of $200 a day, i.e., 20 walk-in customers, I think that is a gross underestimate. More likely, on average, 80-100 walk-in customers per outlet.

No la. I went pass the QB house at Boon Keng MRT and almost always empty because New Station and Snip Avenue nearby

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

No la. I went pass the QB house at Boon Keng MRT and almost always empty because New Station and Snip Avenue nearby

Your observation is very similar to many people who have told me that they often see NO customers in Osim outlets. Yet, Osim is one of the most profitable local retailers in S'pore, and its massage chairs are still in great demand.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I went to QB House a few times.

There's no big deal about it. Just quite gimmicky in my opinion: purchasing a card from a machine at the entrance, optional free comb after the haircut, vacuuming you clean etc.

Heartland hair salons are similar, except less hygienic, less consistency in quality, and poorer service. They also seem more concerned with peddling other hair products and services onto you, and pay more attention to their female clientele (hair coloring, perming and rebonding bring in much more money).

I prefer a traditional men's barber shop, with a regular barber who knows how to shave your sideburns, the back of your neck and your ears with a razor. None of the upmarket, gimmicky, franchise, unisex crap.

hi there

1. bro, then welcome to bedok reservoir.
2. the traditional m&d barbershop.
3. 8 bucks for haircut!