• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published: Tuesday February 18, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Tuesday February 18, 2014 MYT 10:59:00 AM

Four-unit limit for bulk sales by developers

KUALA LUMPUR: The Government has implemented a measure to control bulk sales of property to try and curb the proliferation of “property clubs” that have been walking away with handsome profits, especially in the Klang Valley.

Minister of Urban Wellbeing, Hou*sing and Local Government Datuk Abdul Rahman Dahlan said developers selling more than four units of their properties to a single buyer or group must now obtain prior approval from the Controller of Housing.
..........."

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/02/18/Fourunit-limit-for-bulk-sales-by-developers/

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tot SG side will never upgrade e counters at 1st link. Now waiting for MY side to reciprocate. Pleasant surprise. Thanks to e teacher :p

MY side is relatively new (but looks aged) so upgrade may be a long time away. Besides, where got place for upgrade?

oceanluv

hi all,

I am new here. I would like some advice as to where to stay in JB which is nearer to custom as I am moving with my 2 children to JB. They will need to reach school by 8am every morning.

Can I rent a car in JB to drive out to spore?

Thks.

linus

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all,

I am new here. I would like some advice as to where to stay in JB which is nearer to custom as I am moving with my 2 children to JB. They will need to reach school by 8am every morning.

Can I rent a car in JB to drive out to spore?

Thks.
which custom woodland or tuas?
if u r a singaporean or SPR, you cannot drive a malaysia registered car in spore.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a pretty big fire around Kempas area. I could see the thick dark plumes of smoke from impian emas side

Second-hand item warehouse in Kempas engulfed in flame.

JOHOR BARU: A second-hand item warehouse at an industrial estate in Kempas Baru was engulfed in a fire believed to have been spread from burning at a belukar area nearby area at 6.30pm today.
Johor Baru North deputy police chief Superintendent Beh Eng Lai had confirmed the incident and said the warehouse was located at Jalan Permatang Utama.

He said four fire engines were despatched to douse the fire and at press time (9.08 pm) the fire personnel were still trying to prevent the fire from spreading into neighbouring units.

He said the warehouse was built of zinc and among the common items stored inside are plastics and scrapped metal.

"No injuries were reported and the damage has yet to be ascertained,"he said.

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its easy to say this. On paper its a fairytale come true. Pay Spore price for HDB and stay in a landed house with free parking. The daily commute, very few can really tahan unless your family members are staying in JB all these while and you have no relatives or friends in Singapore. I tried that for a while but now is staying in Singapore happily looking @ the rise of my investments.

Last time my kids used to wake up 430am and leave home by 530am and reach school almost 7am. Don't dare to wake up later cos we need buffer for jams.

But now since the school is a 5 minute walk, I realize they can wake up 6am plus and I don't have to stress myself out for the long commute. I saved on petrol and time and the leisurely walk to schools with my kids are priceless. My friends prefer to commute daily as he said the time spent in the jams are "family time" but for me, my kids will be snoring soundly in the car. I don't think that's a reasonable family time do you?

I still go JB on weekends to enjoy though, just that daily commute has taken a toll on me.

I am looking ay Tuas checkpoint. Anyone here have children staying in JB but commute to school in Sg?

Thks.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its easy to say this. On paper its a fairytale come true. Pay Spore price for HDB and stay in a landed house with free parking. The daily commute, very few can really tahan unless your family members are staying in JB all these while and you have no relatives or friends in Singapore. I tried that for a while but now is staying in Singapore happily looking @ the rise of my investments.

Last time my kids used to wake up 430am and leave home by 530am and reach school almost 7am. Don't dare to wake up later cos we need buffer for jams.

But now since the school is a 5 minute walk, I realize they can wake up 6am plus and I don't have to stress myself out for the long commute. I saved on petrol and time and the leisurely walk to schools with my kids are priceless. My friends prefer to commute daily as he said the time spent in the jams are "family time" but for me, my kids will be snoring soundly in the car. I don't think that's a reasonable family time do you?

I still go JB on weekends to enjoy though, just that daily commute has taken a toll on me.

That is a fresh and nice perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.