• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Siglap

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let me share with you the history of Jackie's Bowl Katong and Orchard.

Mr Loke Wan Tho of Cathay Organization used to own Ocean Park Hotel together with nearby Cathay Keris Film Studio.

The late Mr Herbert Lim Eng Kuan was the grandson and son of Mr Lim Nee Soon and Mr Lim Chong Phang. Herbert's very beautiful wife Mavis Chew fell in love with Loke Wan Tho and she proceeded to divorce Herbert.

Loke Wan Tho felt very bad and sorry for Herbert and he offered to compensate Herbert with a block of 38,000 sq ft of freehold land at Ocean Park as a gift & the space for a bowling alley at the Orchard cinema at a rental of 10c psf for 50 years.

At that point of time Herbert was trying to bring into S'pore 10 pins bowling from America. He approached Mr Khoo Teck Puat and Mr Jackie Oei (descendent of Oei Tiong Ham) to become his business partners to set up the two bowling alleys in S'pore.

Herbert was the pioneer in S'pore 10 pins bowling and the two Jackie's bowling alleys were very profitable throughout their decades of operation.

Mr Loke Wan Tho divorced his very attractive & high profile socialite wife, Christina Lee to marry Mavis Chew in 1963. Less than a year later, very sadly Loke and Mavis perished in a plane crash in 1964 after they attended the 11th Asian Film Festival in Taiwan.

Dato Loke Wan Tho was only 49 years old.

Thank you sir for sharing that interesting nugget of history.
This type I call real insider info hehe not the I say you better believe type of BS by cannon fairies

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
30vnqkg.jpg

2n0ke83.jpg

Pictures taken half an hour ago.
Jackie's bowl was inside this slip road.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
This type I call real insider info hehe not the I say you better believe type of BS by cannon fairies

Yes, not like the typical, "I know who, you don't know what, but I cannot tell you because you are a nobody and only I know and others here also know, but again I cannot say who" every time exactly the same type of idiotic posts.

In the end say nothing but bullshit. Should just tell the cannon fairy, next time if cannot reveal anything, just shut the f*ck up instead of being a major annoyance.

Last edited:

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
was the plane crash near taichung on june 20, 1964?

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/1964/1964.htm

details of 1964 crash in central taiwan....civil air transport plane was partially owned by cia. cia omitted the presence of 2 pistols hidden in thick radar manuals (with cutouts) in their findings. but taiwanese investigators revealed the recovery of pistols. it's still a mystery as to whether the plane was hijacked.

http://taiwanairpower.org/blog/?p=953

Yes, shortly after take-off from Taichung it crashed.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Christina later married Dadi, boss of the 'perfume of orient'

After Loke Wan Tho divorced her, she married an American Jeffrey Stone and then Dadi, the conman.

This smelly keeling kia Dadi was a gigolo and con-artiste who not only conned her of all her millions she got from Loke Wan Tho, he was beating her all the time.

Friends advised her to leave Dadi, but age was catching up with her and she feared loneliness.

Perfume of the Orient was built up by Christina way before she met Dadi, but eventually the con-artiste took over the company and ran it to insolvency.

She also owned a five acre Sarong Island, formerly known as Pulau Selegu close to Sentosa which was acquired by the govt for the former naval base.

Christina during her time was voted to be the most beautiful girl in S'pore by several magazines.

She passed away in 2009.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Boss, likewise I also like to read your postings on true-life stories especially those behind the prison walls and triad societies.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
After Loke Wan Tho divorced her, she married an American Jeffrey Stone and then Dadi, the conman.

This smelly keeling kia Dadi was a gigolo and con-artiste who not only conned her of all her millions she got from Loke Wan Tho, he was beating her all the time.

Friends advised her to leave Dadi, but age was catching up with her and she feared loneliness.

Perfume of the Orient was built up by Christina way before she met Dadi, but eventually the con-artiste took over the company and ran it to insolvency.

She also owned a five acre Sarong Island, formerly known as Pulau Selegu close to Sentosa which was acquired by the govt for the former naval base.

Christina during her time was voted to be the most beautiful girl in S'pore by several magazi7nes.

She passed away in 2009.

Thnks Mel. , wat a sad ending for her.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
5355777695_0a983b3bcb.jpg

Sarong Island Pier (1967)

5356391132_b280a2bbc6.jpg

Jeffrey and Christina Lee in their Sarong Island resort (1967)

5356391152_3231824ecd.jpg

Christina (Lee) Stone (standing) in her Sarong Island resort

5356391178_2f2d1e0db0.jpg

Christina Stone with Malcolm Mcdonald (2nd from left)
during the opening bash of Sarong Island

774225475_eb470468d9.jpg

Sarong Island, with the cable car tower erected on it

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dadi%20Balsara.jpg

Jun 20, 2014
NEW DELHI/ MUMBAI: Founder of Himalayan natural mineral water brand Dadi Balsara (81) passed away at his home "Taj Mansingh hotel" in the Capital on Thursday after a long battle with diabetes and heart problems.
Balsara was taken to Moolchand Hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival. Police said he was under regular treatment at the Max Hospital and that no foul play is suspected.
Balsara's wife, a Chinese, died in 2009 and the couple had no children. Balsara had made Taj Mansingh his home since the hotel's inauguration 36 years ago. Hotel sources say that he knew the staff and the hotel like the palm of his hand. Even the staff were said to be close to him. For instance, a valet at the hotel was said to be more of Balsara's personal aide, rather than a hotel staffer.
From a salaried professional to becoming one of the wealthiest Indians, Balsara had come a long way. He started his career as an LIC officer in Nagpur, earning a monthly salary of Rs 600. He later switched careers and went to the US to study psychiatry on a scholarship. After obtaining a doctorate, he started a practice. But nobody came for consultation. That forced him to look at other options.
After a few failures, Balsara got it his big break when a Japanese television channel decided to host his holistic lifestyle programmes.
His shows — "You & your destiny" and "Power of the mind" — became quite a hit and money started to roll in. After that, there was no looking back. Balsara later settled in Singapore and started selling perfumes, earning the title "Perfumes king of Asia". In 1991, he turned his attention to India and set up the largest natural mineral water plant in Dhaula Kuan in Himachal Pradesh with an investment of $20 million. Under the Himalayan brand manufactured by his Mount Everest Mineral Water Limited, Balsara created a niche in the highly competitive bottled water segment in the country.
In 2001, Tata Global Beverages bought Himalayan brand, which marked the tea major's foray into the packaged water segment. Though Balsara sold off his priced asset to the Tata Group, he continued his association with the storied industry house by becoming their hospitality brand's long-standing guest at their Taj Mansingh hotel.

http://rememberingsingapore.blogspot.sg/2013/11/perfumes-of-singapore.html

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Christina during her time was voted to be the most beautiful girl in S'pore by several magazines.

She passed away in 2009.

i was told Dali was doing black magic on her to have a hold on her

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was told Dadi was doing black magic on her to have a hold on her

That was what all the high-socialites in town were speculating and it must be true otherwise how could a very wealthy and a very desirable woman endure such severe beatings and humiliations?

On a couple of occasions I had seen with my own eyes her swollen face, bruised and blue-black.

When the beatings by that Indian bastard got out of control, he would throw out her personal belongs and chased her out of her bungalow at Sixth Avenue, and then she would sheepishly beg him to let her gain reentry.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That was what all the high-socialites in town were speculating and it must be true otherwise how could a very wealthy and a very desirable woman endure such severe beatings and humiliations?

On a couple of occasions I had seen with my own eyes her swollen face, bruised and blue-black.

When the beatings by that Indian bastard got out of control, he would throw out her personal belongs and chased her out of her bungalow at Sixth Avenue, and then she would sheepishly beg him to let her gain reentry.

unfortunately, this is very common in domestic violence. victims keep to themselves as they feel powerless and humiliated as they often blame themselves instead of the aggressor. and instead of seeking help outside they find "safest" refuge in their own homes which ironically are probably their worst nightmare. it's a tortured and imprisoned mental conditioning that reminds me of a cuntry in south east asia and her passive-aggressive love-hate relationship with her citizens, and vice versa. :o

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks ! I remember there was a Cafe inside that also served Tze Char dishes and fish head curry was one of the more popular dishes.
Yes, every time during lunch and dinner times the car park was full
but many lanes were still available, they went there to makan, not bowl.
The crab meat fried rice was good.

bangbangbang

talking about dato loke, my dad told me stories that he is impotent,
he cannot erect, that's why divorce. christine lee keep going to find
ang moh men

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought that this is worthy thread to bring out the remaining from the woodwork and a second round of wonderful part of Singapore.

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought that this is worthy thread to bring out the remaining from the woodwork and a second round of wonderful part of Singapore.

Totally missed this thread in the past. Good you bring it up again. Interesting glimpses here.

This is what this forum should be about. Not all those time-wasting rants and spams.