• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BMT recruits shape up with laser wargame

heyheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recruits in Basic Military Training (BMT) are now learning how to shoot and scoot with laser guns in urban battlefield settings featuring obstacles such as mini-tunnels and mock buildings.

They will fire these 'guns' while wearing sensor vests which facilitate effective training post-mortems during which recorded footage of each soldier's performance will be reviewed and evaluated.

The recruits of today, mostly digital natives, will thus find themselves on familiar ground: Training will run quite close to Laser Quest, the laser wargame found in game arcades.

The military version, dubbed the Tactical Engagement System (TES), was introduced to BMT recruits last November.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I remember looking at the manufactured date to be 1976 on the set I wore in the 90s. Not sure whole cost but the laser attach to the rifle was $2000 a piece according to the OC because he threaten us to sign 1206 when a boxful went missing after army open house.

Didn't had a chance to even look at the manufacturing date from my end as the equipment during my batch all koyak, they made us put on the whole thing just for weight training

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't had a chance to even look at the manufacturing date from my end as the equipment during my batch all koyak, they made us put on the whole thing just for weight training

the old miles were damned heavy, especially the helmet attachment. really a torture and frustrating as the damned thing dun work. i remember i kenna "killed" despite the exercise have not start and the damned thing start beeping for no good reason.

the newer system use during ICT as lighter and less bulkier but i no need to wear as i only in tankee webbing, ie one bottle, goggle pouch, 4 mag pouch and no helmet.:biggrin:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the old miles were damned heavy, especially the helmet attachment. really a torture and frustrating as the damned thing dun work. i remember i kenna "killed" despite the exercise have not start and the damned thing start beeping for no good reason.

the newer system use during ICT as lighter and less bulkier but i no need to wear as i only in tankee webbing, ie one bottle, goggle pouch, 4 mag pouch and no helmet.:biggrin:

so good :mad: this ICT i have to be in FBO

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No thank goodness no :biggrin:

actually i rather enjoy my ICTs. i always treat ICT as a chance to destress from office work. 20+ days paid to sleep and play da dee and outfield for only 4D3N. also help that i from rifleman change to bionix crewmen, so outfield more "sin lang".:biggrin: