• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queenstown Today

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to the Tanglin Halt Market Food Centre for the duck noodle this morning

The 2nd stall from the corner stall with the queue

The old style noodle

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think the better duck noodle is NO SIGNBOARD at mei ling market.

those who haven't tried better do so asap. got a bad feeling the old couple might be winding up business sooner than you think :(

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Queenstown Bowl is no more (you can still see it intact on Google Maps street view, image taken on March 2009).

I can fondly remember a good Chinese restaurant at or near the Queenstown Cinema. When I was a kid (early 1990s), I went there with my parents to attend a wedding dinner. It had a BIG stage with a large projection screen that played karaoke songs. Guests could go up and sing in front of everyone. Many adults and kids sang Sally Yeh's 瀟灑走一回 as it was a very popular song then.

As of now, I have attended many wedding dinners, from the obscure restaurants at Boon Lay, Chinatown, Queenstown, Concourse etc to the more posh ones (Fullerton, Mariott, Copthorne, Sheraton, Mandarin). Only that particular restaurant at Queenstown still brings back fond memories after so many years. No other restaurant had guests singing karaoke as entertainment. Sometimes there would be a live band, or a hired celeb emcee, but that's it.

The only bowling alley nearest to Queenstown and outside of the city area is probably the one at West Coast Recreation Centre.

Queenstown Chinese Restaurant called Dragon Phoenix??

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehe....my early childhood were spent in Queenstown, playing Space Invader and table soccer above the NTUC. I used to live in Meiling Street in my early childhood and then shift to Queens Crescent (Pa Huey Chu) and eventually to Holland Road. Attended Margaret Drive Pr then Tanglin Tech. Sec. Anyone here attend the same school as me? I walk from my father's tailor shop in blk 6C to Margaret Drive Pr everyday, I patronize all the tibits stall along the way....man...I miss all the good o days..

Mei ling street kid reporting in...block 160 (di zhup lau 20 storeys)
That arcade was my favourite haunt too....queenstown bowl also had a small arcade (later became KFC then later became ktv nightclub).
I also go to arcade in queensway shopping (had 3 arcades there and a billards saloon).
later one also became ktv called Lorelei....

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal
?

me Bestest fond memory was the spa near to Queenstown prison.
too Long, already forgotten her name.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Golden Crown....
Later when Tai Chung kena demolished it moved to then safra at bukit merah.
The next nearest bowling alley to queenstown was Kim Seng bowl (many samsengs hangout then).
the manager (beng chap with permed hair) was a good singer and used to belt out song when no one was on stage.
he was still with them when i ordered their mooncakes at safra.
....Bestest fond memory was the spa near to Queenstown prison.
too Long, already forgotten her name.
the malay chap who called for you once the masseuse was ready also provided a proper foot massage.
the thai ladies also decorated their personal cubicles and you could see them cooking their food...

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forfar House (SIT Flat) was known as Chap Si Lao and flats surrounding it were 7 storey.
1st HDB satellite town comprising Commonwealth and Tanglin Halt were built in the 60's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queenstown,_Singapore#Forfar_Heights

For Far House was formerly Ministry of Enviroment NEA outside the main gate trishaw selling Kang Kong cuttle fish, now his
son at Blk 86 hawker centre Redhill, there was another selling intestine (Organ) soup too!!

interesting MEMORIES DURING OUR YOUNGER DAYS! !!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Golden Crown....Later when Tai Chung kena demolished it moved to then safra at bukit merah.The next nearest bowling alley to queenstown was Kim Seng bowl (many samsengs hangout then).

After that was moved to the Queenstown Club next to the Queenstown Remand Prison, Queenstown club has a driving range. Went there to makan a few times many years ago now all gone. Someone did tell me before Golden Crown was found in Jurong Park or something like that but not sure.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
i think the better duck noodle is NO SIGNBOARD at mei ling market.

those who haven't tried better do so asap. got a bad feeling the old couple might be winding up business sooner than you think :(

Is this the one thats relocated from Margaret Drive Food Centre beside the Golden City Theatre or the Fisherman Church?

epicure9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tanglin halt chup Lau (10 th storey) my home for many years .Since moved out.
Still go back for the vegetarian bee hoon from time to time as featured in photos by Joetys/Froggy

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tanglin halt chup Lau (10 th storey) my home for many years .Since moved out.
Still go back for the vegetarian bee hoon from time to time as featured in photos by Joetys/Froggy

Soon to change....
They going to enbloc 30 over blocks of flats there

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
For those fans of the Tanglin Halt vegetarian beehoon stall prices had gone up

Small $2.50 to $3 ; Large $3 to $4 . . . . . Huat Ah!

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is amazing that PAP always say inflation up marginally blah blah blah...when the actual fact on the ground is so different...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Cannot tahan after seeing AhMeng's post yesterday so got to just do it

Perpetual queue