• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

704_162268_923157.jpg

704_162269_998177.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/_D5uvfaFB6Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed>​

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Where's the 3D?

Does the third D give you that extra dimension or angle to zero in the "Zhao Keng"? :confused:

I still don't know what's the hoha when people talk about 3D. I know Mediacorpse has been promoting "high definition TV" as if you can see through the "clothes" a couple of years ago. So now, what happen, fizzle out without a whimper? :o

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where's the 3D?

Does the third D give you that extra dimension or angle to zero in the "Zhao Keng"? :confused:

I still don't know what's the hoha when people talk about 3D. I know Mediacorpse has been promoting "high definition TV" as if you can see through the "clothes" a couple of years ago. So now, what happen, fizzle out without a whimper? :o
nax time, there wil even b 'touchable' 3d
icon3.gif

<embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/gtdOVV2H0cA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed>​

The Ubiquitous Interaction Research Group at AIST has developed i3Space, a system that gives a sense of touch and interaction to 3D images. It also enables shapes to be designed while checking how they feel to touch.

"Until now, with 3D TV, when the picture came right out, and appeared before your eyes, you couldn't touch it. This technology enables you to touch that 3D picture."

In this system, position detector markers are attached to a compact tactile and kinesthetic interface. They recognize the user's movements, and control the presentation of tactile and kinesthetic information in real time, to provide sensations from the 3D picture.

"To enable users to feel force, the system uses vibration. It's like the vibration of a mobile phone. It creates an illusion by means of characteristic vibrations. Normally, vibration doesn't have a direction of force, but with this technology, you can feel a force pushing or pushing back."

This system can also measure the movement of several fingers from six directions simultaneously, so finger movement doesn't get hidden by the palm. From the finger positions, the system can detect contact between fingers and the 3D picture, and when the user grips the picture. It also detects expansion and contraction after gripping. Based on this detection, the system enables the user to feel a force, by calculating the sensation and response between the 3D picture and the fingers, and controlling the interface accordingly.

"Games can now be played with 3D pictures, but at present, they're played from a distance, with a remote control. With this system, when a picture appears before your eyes, you can manipulate it by touching or pushing it. The system could also be used for training purposes; for example, as a surgical simulator in medicine, providing sensations like using a scalpel. I think it could also enable people to touch sculptures in an art gallery while at home."

From now on, the group will work to make the system more compact and improve its performance. They also plan to collaborate with electronics manufacturers, to enable the system to support smartphones, and develop applications and do field tests.