• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yup, all 15 PAP town councils to raise service & conservancy charges on June 1, 2018

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://mothership.sg/canornot
Yup, all 15 PAP town councils to raise service & conservancy charges on June 1, 2018
The first increase happened on June 1, 2017 already. This is the second.

By Belmont Lay |
clock.svg
5 hours
pap-town-council-service-and-conservancy-charges-increase.jpg

All 15 PAP town councils by the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP) will raise service and conservancy charges (S&CC) on June 1, 2018.

Advertisement
This news is not new. It was previously reported in February 2017. The S&CC increase was to be spread out over two years.

How much more?
The amount of S&CC increase is dependent on flat type.

The first increase had already kicked in on June 1, 2017. It ranged from S$0.50 to S$9 a month then.

The second increase, which takes effect on June 1, 2018, will be between S$0.50 and S$8 a month.

S&CC for shops and offices will also go up.

First round on June 1, 2017: Extra S$0.09 to S$0.27 per sq m a month.

Second round on June 1, 2018: Extra S$0.05 to S$0.21 per sq m a month.

Market and cooked food stalls will also go up.

First round on June 1, 2017: Extra S$2.70 to S$23.00 a month.

Second round on June 1, 2018: Extra S$2.50 and S$17.50 a month.

Advertisement
The 15 PAP town councils are:

1. Ang Mo Kio,
2. Bishan-Toa Payoh,
3. Chua Chu Kang,
4. East Coast-Fengshan,
5. Holland-Bukit Panjang,
6. Jalan Besar,
7. Jurong-Clementi,
8. Marine Parade,
9. Marsiling-Yew Tee,
10. Nee Soon,
11. Pasir Ris-Punggol,
12. Sembawang,
13. Tanjong Pagar,
14. Tampines
15. West Coast.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well done. As the estate ages like the population there will be less cardboard boxes for town councils to sell and make money. Hence the money has to come from somewhere. Rather than taxing the old men and women collecting cardboard boxes for cardboard or CB Tax, they raise conservancy charges which is more humane.

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
tiagong Mdm buy high sell low Ho lose $$$ again

so to leecover her loses so bo bian must chut

more patterns lo

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
is there a 1SDB sinkhole in sinkieland? up GST, S&CC, squeezing teacher for parking fee in school, what next?

we have JEW PAP govt!

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say KNN how come never get approval from residents ? he say KNN certain things can increase as long as they wish eg gst , electricity, etc as the consumers can choose whether they want to buy after the increase. if they still want then is their problem but for this conservancy shit have to ask ok KNN KNN

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Prices may rise slightly but the increase makes it possible for the PAP to serve you much more efficiently.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is it even a surprise! It always happen after the GE! The majority voted for Pay and Pay. No complaints.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm willing to pay more to my town council. They've been doing a great job all these years and their staff deserve a pay raise. The increase in the bills will go towards paying them better wages.

oneMdeeBee

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:Yes! Vote PAP, they always have your interest at heart.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

YAH YAH YAH!!!

Seeing their bosses maggots in white going laffing and laffing to the banks not good enuff!
THEY also must go laffing and laffing all the way to their banks!
And how bestest way to do that?
Will be to join in the tiewing and kanning and raping of stinkaporeans so stupid and to vote and vote and vote and vote and vote and vote for their own tiewing and kanning and raping to continue!

SHIOK SHIOK SHIOK SHIOK SHIOK SHIOK SHIOK SHIOK SHIOK SHIOK SHIOK SHIOK

DEDEER

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm willing to pay more to my town council. They've been doing a great job all these years and their staff deserve a pay raise. The increase in the bills will go towards paying them better wages.

Kaninnabei cheebye. I thought you always boast you stay condo? Why the fuck need to pay town council charges like peasants.

What a poor fuck.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say KNN how come never get approval from residents ? he say KNN certain things can increase as long as they wish eg gst , electricity, etc as the consumers can choose whether they want to buy after the increase. if they still want then is their problem but for this conservancy shit have to ask ok KNN KNN

got choice ma.who say no choice for conservancy?
choice 1 )default payment
choice 2) still pay
choice 3) vote the party that guarantee pay only 50% conservancy