• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Young AMDL French Chiobu shares her expenditure working in Singapore

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

S’pore Expat’s Monthly Expenditure Is S$5K, She Breaks Down Costs In Viral TikTok Video​

Her room rental costs S$1,250, but she clarified that she splits the amount with her boyfriend.

By Jonathan Yee - 18 Oct 2022, 9:23 pm
mustsharenews.com

Singapore is often touted as one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in, and rising inflation this year hasn’t helped matters.

So when a Singapore expat, who works as a software engineer, shared her monthly expenses for living here, people were very surprised at how much she was paying.

Pleasantly surprised, actually.

Singapore expat shares she spends S$1,200 on rent​

Amandine, who has been in Singapore for three years, recently shared a video documenting her monthly living expenses on TikTok.

According to the 25-year-old, she pays between S$1,250 to S$1,500 in rent as she shares a bedroom with her boyfriend. They also have one other flatmate who stays in the common room of the same unit.

Though the rent seems quite reasonable for a well-located room – it’s in central Singapore – Amandine clarified that the amount is actually S$2,900, but she splits it with her boyfriend.

Another surprisingly low expense is her gym membership price — it costs just S$30 as her company has a special discount with the gym.

Amandine also revealed that she’s an avid foodie and can spend S$800 monthly on food.

She told MS News that she enjoys mala tang and that she’ll usually go to her nearby hawker centre to find new dishes to try out.

She also visits restaurants on weekends.

Meanwhile, transport and Chinese lessons each set her back S$200 a month.
Although she spends about S$3,000 monthly, Amandine shared with MS News that she feels she’s “thriving” rather than merely surviving, despite the rising living costs here.

With her salary, she would only be able to afford a small apartment in Paris but has a nice room with great amenities here.

“I guess I’m able to have a good balance and my hobbies are not expensive,” she said.

Amandine is even able to put about S$2,000 into investments and savings.

Commenters impressed by rent and gym prices​

Many comments appeared surprised at her relatively low rent and gym costs, with some even expressing their envy.

In fact, Amandine even shared that the rent used to be just S$800 monthly.
As for the gym, she gets a corporate rate thanks to her company.

Addressing comments about her food expenses, which some found pretty high, Amandine said she also eats economical rice when she can.

It’s perhaps a sign of the times that so many people are shocked by her rent, with some saying that they’re paying more for a smaller place.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Knn commenters impressed?
Kpkb hokkien mee very expensive lesser prawns, garlic cost 63 sibei expensive
Now stay in central go gym very impress on the spending?
Must go gym?
Must stay central?
Impressed simi lan jiao cb exercise :biggrin:

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
sgd$20 per month for a phone line is cheap. in u.s. at least sgd$69 per month.
Mine is fixed at $20 per line for 30GB data 100mins call time perpetually till I cancel the contract. Perk of old loyal customer for a fuckup network. Never had another line since I got hand phone. :roflmao:

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine is fixed at $20 per line for 30GB data 100mins call time perpetually till I cancel the contract. Perk of old loyal customer for a fuckup network. Never had another line since I got hand phone. :roflmao:
But then again, I think there are better plans out there. For example, Circles Life is $38 for Unlimited data and first 100GB at 4G speed. Unused data for first 100GB can carry forward to next month.