• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You just can't believe it, they reduce electricity price!

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Electricity tariffs to drop from Oct to Dec
By Qiuyi Tan | Posted: 29 September 2011 1750 hrs <LINK rel=image_src href="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpQDWXC2.jpg">

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
<!-- for social media sharing functions --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var addthis_pub="cnaacc"; var addthis_options = 'facebook, twitter, live, google, linkedin, digg, yahoobkm, more'; var storyTitle = "Electricity tariffs to drop from Oct to Dec"; var newStoryTitle = storyTitle.replace(/'/g,'\''); newStoryTitle = newStoryTitle.replace(/;\n/g,''); newStoryTitle = newStoryTitle.replace(/"/g,'&quot;'); var addthis_config = { "data_track_clickback": true, ui_click: true } </SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js?pub=cnaacc"></SCRIPT><!-- END social media sharing functions -->
SINGAPORE: Electricity tariffs will decrease by an average of 1.2 per cent from October to the end of the year.

It is the first drop in 12 months.

SP Services said this is because of lower fuel oil prices over the last three months, from July 1 to September 15.

Tariffs for households will drop 1.1 per cent - or 0.3 cents per kilowatt-hour.

For families in four-room HDB flats, for example, this works out to about S$1.20 less a month.

SP Services reviews the electricity tariffs quarterly, based on guidelines from the Energy Market Authority.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
lianbeng asks u, "still say they no good meh?":confused:

Siao. What do they have to gain from making the 60% Sinkie sheep turn against them? If they still don't wake up their idea, in 15 years time, they will be displaced at the top by the Workers' Party.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
The smartest corrupt politicians know that you can't take huge sums of money overtly. For them, it's a case of sedikit-sedikit lama-lama jadi bukit. Of course, putting aside cynicism for a while, I think that many of them truly want to serve the people and gain respect out of it.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
They say what cent per watt all bluff one. You see your bill every month. Where got such thing come down one?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i rem a corporate story...a toothpaste factory is asking for employee ideas to increase sales without increasing price...
the smartest idea...to increase the hole of the toothpaste tube.

Asian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Check out today's ST. It mention that 80% of our generators to generate electricity are using Indoesia's natural gas.
So is it fair to charge us based on fuel price?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Check out today's ST. It mention that 80% of our generators to generate electricity are using Indoesia's natural gas.
So is it fair to charge us based on fuel price?

this question is posed before...n the reply from them was, there is currently no market mechanism for pricing natural gas, so they use a proxy which is fuel oil. Crap if you look at it...

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Electricity tariffs will decrease by an average of 1.2 per cent from October to the end of the year.

Now they will decrease.. Next year onwards they will increase...

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm going temple later to burn some offerings to thank them... The joss sticks and oil $ would have cost more than savings of $1.20!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm going temple later to burn some offerings to thank them... The joss sticks and oil $ would have cost more than savings of $1.20!

too bad SG dun have 打小人...oh wait...i know the Toa Payoh Shuang Lim temple may have...hmm maybe go there ask for 打小人 service LOL

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
too bad SG dun have 打小人...oh wait...i know the Toa Payoh Shuang Lim temple may have...hmm maybe go there ask for 打小人 service LOL

hi there

1. bro, don't need to seek out some temple or what.
2. just go to some street corner and "hit the small person" mah!