• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

you all find Annette lee chio?

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
1639919570325.png

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fellatio Chin that bitch looks like shit nowadays. Her Tiong boyfriend is not fucking old cheebye?

She better come to me for a pussy flogging session with a fire whip. I will wake up her fucking cheebye idea.
Once the whip lands on her cheebye.............

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She is different from the Mediacorp actresses and artistes. But the day that Mediacorp offers her a job and she takes it is the day she loses her uniqueness.

YouTuber Annette Lee wears many hats​

wgtannette161221.jpg

Her World's profile of actress, singer-songwriter and YouTube personality Annette Lee. PHOTO: SHAWN PAUL TAN
Adora Wong

PUBLISHED DEC 16, 2021

SINGAPORE - An actress, singer-songwriter and YouTube personality, Annette Lee first gained a following after playing multiple comedic characters on social media website SGAG.
But since leaving the company last year, the 29-year-old now works independently to write, direct and act in skits and shows for her platforms.
A song she recently released together with singer Benjamin Kheng for their YouTube comedy series, The Ann & Ben Show, is "a song about the mixed emotions one feels when ordering mixed rice".
It racked up close to 900,000 views in just two months, so it is probably safe to say she is doing just fine.
But there is a lot more to Lee than being funny. For one thing, she is persevering - it would be naive to think that her 100,000-strong following on Instagram and 160,000-strong following on Tiktok came without grit.
She is also deliberate - a lot more thought goes into her work than you might realise.
And she is really "not too similar" to the characters she acts as, even the more popular ones like Sue-Ann and Chantelle.

Lee will candidly tell you that she was not an overnight star. In fact, she had to go the extra mile to hone her craft.
Before she was a comic, she was a singer. She was the vocalist of a two-person band she formed with a friend while pursuing her degree at the Nanyang Technological University's School of Art, Design and Media. But that did not last very long.
"After a gig, the owner of the bar went up to the guitarist and said, 'Okay, you can have the residency, but can you change the singer?' I was like, 'It's all right, I'm not hurt,' because I wanted my friend to take it up," she says.

It took her some time to build the confidence to start singing again, but once she did, she was determined to practise, even if she did not have the time or place for it.
"I was working and going to school, so I was usually free only at night. But that meant I couldn't challenge myself with more difficult pieces because my parents would ask me to keep the volume down, so I'd practise my singing in the lift.
"I'd take the lift from the 20th storey to the third, and then back up to the 20th again, repeatedly, for about 20 minutes each time."
It was never part of her plan to be groomed as an actress at SGAG.
"I joined as a pioneer of the video team, so I wrote, directed and edited videos. Now, there are 60 people on the team, but at that time, there were only six of us, so I also had to be in front of the camera. I didn't want to act - it was just a gap I had to fill," she explains.
wgtannettelee1161221.jpg

Since leaving SGAG in 2020, Annette now works independently to create content for her platforms. PHOTO: SHAWN PAUL TAN
One of her more popular characters is undoubtedly the clueless and irreverent Sue-Ann, whom she created because she wanted someone with a character "not so similar" to hers.
"Because I wasn't trying to be an actress, I just didn't care. But I think, over time, it became the allure of the character."
As such, when Sue-Ann became popular, Lee realised she had to "improve on acting" and "be more intentional about it".
She breathed life into a new cast of characters in her solo career. They include Chantelle, a "pretentious and sometimes obnoxious influencer who butchers the English language", and Susan, a "typical Asian parent" most millennials would roll their eyes at.

Asked what fuels her new ideas, Lee says: "I think people underestimate how much I think through and rewrite a lot of the stuff I put out.
"I did a 'Covid reactions around the world' video in different accents - it was sort of a social commentary, and I made sure to only use meme references or positive stereotypes. Not everyone understands satire, and I didn't get cancelled only because of those two things," she says.
And while she has gained enough recognition, she still experiences self-doubt.
"When a video doesn't do well, it's easy to go, 'Oh gosh, I'm never going to put out something good again.' But when a video does well and goes viral, there's so much pressure and I'll go, 'Oh gosh, I'm never going to put out something as good again. How can I top this?'"
Thankfully, she has learnt to avoid getting sucked into the abyss of negative self-talk.
"If something good happens, I celebrate the success, but not let it get to my head. And if something bad happens, I just go, 'Did I die? No. It's fine.' This has allowed me to constantly improve and not let failure bring me down."
wgtannettelee2161221.jpg

Before she was a comic, Annette was the vocalist of a two-person band while pursuing her degree in university. PHOTO: SHAWN PAUL TAN
While she still works on commercial projects, she intends to invest more time in passion projects that align with her artistic direction. Besides singing about bubble tea and cai fan with Kheng, and releasing short skits on Tiktok and Instagram, she discusses adulting in her YouTube Web series, Glowing Up.
She has also just wrapped up filming Asian Billionaires, a five-episode mockumentary about "a billionaire family in Singapore and their rich-people problems".
The series also stars Gurmit Singh and Amy Cheng, and Lee is slated to air at the end of the year.
Meanwhile, she hopes to find the truest version of herself.
"I try my best to be a consistent person both in private and in public. This makes my own life easier as I don't have to keep 'switching on' to be another person. In that sense, I'm working on being more authentic," she says.
  • This story was first published in the December 2021 issue of Her World.

Last edited:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is different from the Mediacorp actresses and artistes. But the day that Mediacorp offers her a job and she
Once associated with MediaCorp, she's tainted. Fancy her going out with Felicia chin that loser, that cunt is expired and that boyfriend has no intention of marrying her.