• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Yaya Papaya Cuntonese Run Road from Hongkieland by the Tens of Thousands

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hong Kong sees largest population decline since record keeping began amid crackdown by Beijing

Hong Kong's population declined by 1.2 per cent in the last year as Beijing cracked down on dissent and the pandemic kept the finance hub sealed off, new figures have shown.

Key points:
Mid-year population estimates for 2021 show Hong Kong's population dropped by 87,100 from the same time last year
The only other time the city's population declined was after the SARS epidemic in 2003
Deaths outnumbered births by 11,800 and 89,200 more Hong Kongers left than arrived

The population decrease continues the largest decline since the city began keeping comparable records in 1961 and comes during a period of intense political turmoil.

Mid-year population estimates for 2021 released on Thursday showed Hong Kong's population stood at 7.39 million — a decrease of 87,100 from the same time last year.

End-of-year figures for Hong Kong in 2020 also showed a 1.2 per cent decline, and Thursday's numbers suggest there has been no respite in the drop-off.

Hong Kong had only once before recorded a year of population decline, by 0.2 per cent after the SARS epidemic in 2003.

The city houses a rapidly ageing society with deaths over the last year outstripping births by 11,800.

But the government data also revealed a new cause for population decline — more residents leaving than arriving.

The figures showed a net outflow of 89,200 Hong Kong residents for the period.

That is more than four times higher than the 20,900 recorded for the same mid-year period in 2020.

'Keep your eyes on the sun'

On the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Chinese Communist Party, Beijing is more influential — and controversial — than ever.

About 13,900 people arrived from mainland China on one-way permits, according to the South China Morning Post.

In 2018 and 2019, Hong Kong recorded a net inflow of 8,500 and 23,000 respectively.

Hong Kong has kept coronavirus infections low by closing itself off to non-residents for most of the pandemic.

The move has kept people safe but crippled the travel industry and made it difficult for both residents and expats to see loved ones overseas.

Thousands of Hong Kongers have also packed their bags to escape a broad crackdown on dissent in response to huge and often violent democracy protests two years ago.

Over the spring and summer, the airport witnessed frequent tearful farewells as residents boarded flights, mostly to Britain, which has said it would offer a pathway to citizenship for many Hong Kongers in response to Beijing's crackdown.

The Hong Kong government does not keep official statistics for how many have left the city for good, but figures point to an exodus taking place.

Around 1,500 Hong Kongers on average were leaving via the airport each day in July, up from around 800 in the first half of the year and despite the pandemic throttling international travel.

Early withdrawals from the city's mandatory pension fund — which can only be made when someone departs permanently — have also soared in the last 12 months.

Hong Kong's government has repeatedly brushed off the departures, saying many will one day return and those who leave can be replaced with Chinese mainlanders.

Hong Kong previously saw large numbers of residents depart in the run-up to the 1997 handover to China and after Beijing's deadly 1989 Tiananmen crackdown.

However, the overall population did not decline and many returned.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08...dium=content_shared&utm_campaign=abc_news_web

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I hope most of those hongkies come to Singapore. Oppies would like that, wouldn't they? Don't oppies keep spreading fear about too many CECAs coming to Singapore? So let's bring in more chinks from hongkieland to balance out the CECAs. Would that placate the racist oppies?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope most of those hongkies come to Singapore. Oppies would like that, wouldn't they? Don't oppies keep spreading fear about too many CECAs coming to Singapore? So let's bring in more chinks from hongkieland to balance out the CECAs. Would that placate the racist oppies?
Arrogant and despicable Cuntonese cannot stand Police State Singapore...

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is good reason why the Brits decided, in the run up to 1997, not to grant right of abode in UK to BNOs. The old hand ang moh civil servants who have daily interactions with these Cuntonese know how noisy, filthy and unruly these people can be. Boris Johnson and his bunch of newbies will regret their decision. HKies should stay away from SG and MY. Bring your noise pollution elsewhere!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
One Hongkie cantonese refugee that run road in mid 2000s was attacking me with knocks on windows since 2017 until I have to rent out my home. Whoever shows sympathy to such yaya papaya evil ingrate refugees are stupid. They only know how to behave in angmoh countries acting subservient infront of Angmoh but yaya papaya in Spore.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
One Hongkie cantonese refugee that run road in mid 2000s was attacking me with knocks on windows since 2017 until I have to rent out my home. Whoever shows sympathy to such yaya papaya evil ingrate refugees are stupid. They only know how to behave in angmoh countries acting subservient infront of Angmoh but yaya papaya in Spore.
What an irony indeed hongkie refugee come to Spore to cause me citizen to lose my home as a sanctuary.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hongkie Cantonese is the first one to gang up with ceca indians to attack me.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same as ceca Indians indeed yaya papaya in Spore attack me with knocks but act subservient in Angmoh countries.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Angmoh the best

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Angmoh the best
I think all my problems will disappear if I am Angmoh because Ccb sinkie Malay/indian, ceca Indians and hongkie Cantonese that have been and had attacked me with knocks would not dare to lift a finger to Angmoh the best

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And don’t forget the news I posted before of a Ccb hongkie teacher in Spore that refused to move out and terrorised the old woman landlord until she ended up in hospital.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think all my problems will disappear if I am Angmoh because Ccb sinkie Malay/indian, ceca Indians and hongkie Cantonese that have been and had attacked me with knocks would not dare to lift a finger to Angmoh the best
Btw one loud hit on my window a few minutes ago aka 4 plus am by ccb sinkie Malay/Indian upstairs

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Homes will be affordable in Hong kong soon unlike China, it's freehold,
It is NOT freehold. All of the land (and the buildings on them) is leasehold. The only piece of freehold land in private hands is that on which St John's Cathedral (hq of the Anglican Church - trust the Brits to favour their own kind) is built. After 1997, all of the freehold land on HK island passed from the British govt to the Chinese govt which basically followed the Brits' policy of only selling leaseholds. New Territories no need to say, the Brits only had a 99 year lease and therefore cannot sell freehold interests in land there.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is NOT freehold. All of the land (and the buildings on them) is leasehold. The only piece of freehold land in private hands is that on which St John's Cathedral (hq of the Anglican Church - trust the Brits to favour their own kind) is built. After 1997, all of the freehold land on HK island passed from the British govt to the Chinese govt which basically followed the Brits' policy of only selling leaseholds. New Territories no need to say, the Brits only had a 99 year lease and therefore cannot sell freehold interests in land there.
prc laws will eventually replace all hk laws, and land ownership by hongkangers will be reduced to zilch, including all 6.9 property tycoons and their families. it will be like what tiongs have in prc - 69-year lease + 1 for admin notification about end of lease.