• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

X'mas shopping

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
waiting for black friday...:smile:

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aShUFAG_WgM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A reminder that Black Friday is the last week end of this month. So if you are looking for deals in the US it's a good time to do so.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does it apply online too?

Yes it does apply to online shopping. They probably do more sales than during Xmas. Amazon has these special sales starting a few days before & during Black Friday.

I recommend people have an account with one of the US based freight forwarders because some merchants will not ship to non-US addresses.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i used vpost.:o

Yes it does apply to online shopping. They probably do more sales than during Xmas. Amazon has these special sales starting a few days before & during Black Friday.

I recommend people have an account with one of the US based freight forwarders because some merchants will not ship to non-US addresses.

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks , got it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i used vpost.:o

I use Borderlinx http://www.borderlinx.com/SG/en/
Previously you had to pay using a Citibank VISA but I notice that you can now use any VISA card.

The reason I use them is because they don't charge extra for storage. Some of these brokers will charge extra if you don't release your shipment within a certain period. Bordelinx doesn't charge extra so I can consolidate all my orders without worrying about time & the penalties. They also use DHL which is one of the cheaper courier services

I heard that people who use Vpost have had "problems". Vpost is being run by the same people responsible for Singpost.:biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thxs for the recommendation, will try borderlinx. cheers...

I use Borderlinx http://www.borderlinx.com/SG/en/
Previously you had to pay using a Citibank VISA but I notice that you can now use any VISA card.

The reason I use them is because they don't charge extra for storage. Some of these brokers will charge extra if you don't release your shipment within a certain period. Bordelinx doesn't charge extra so I can consolidate all my orders without worrying about time & the penalties. They also use DHL which is one of the cheaper courier services

I heard that people who use Vpost have had "problems". Vpost is being run by the same people responsible for Singpost.:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With Borderlinx they will give you 2 addresses, in the US & the UK. I've never ordered anything from the UK but some people may need the UK address.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
seems that bro johnny got a lot of good stuff, share...share...ok...:o

With Borderlinx they will give you 2 addresses, in the US & the UK. I've never ordered anything from the UK but some people may need the UK address.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Internet shopping is the new norm. With rising rentals in Spore many smaller shops are closing.
Fortunately we can turn to internet shopping. There's so much choice out there from the USA, Korea, China,... I doubt you could find anyone in Spore selling activated alumina cartridges for a water purifier. Can't even find one in Thailand since they don't fluoridate their water

If you don't want the hassle of using a freight forwarder you can try Ebay. Some of the merchants there are more willing to ship overseas using USPS. USPS is the US post office & shipping rates are cheaper than the courier companies.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as a show of good gesture, i can get you this at cost price, just let me know...:smile:

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ltWeHOkdczc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Internet shopping is the new norm. With rising rentals in Spore many smaller shops are closing.
Fortunately we can turn to internet shopping. There's so much choice out there from the USA, Korea, China,... I doubt you could find anyone in Spore selling activated alumina cartridges for a water purifier. Can't even find one in Thailand since they don't fluoridate their water

If you don't want the hassle of using a freight forwarder you can try Ebay. Some of the merchants there are more willing to ship overseas using USPS. USPS is the US post office & shipping rates are cheaper than the courier companies.