• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Xi Jinping asks: why do Chinese officials lack initiative?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Images of Xi Jinping and other senior officials are beamed to the audience at a gala show ahead of the Communist Party’s centenary celebrations. Photo: AP
Images of Xi Jinping and other senior officials are beamed to the audience at a gala show ahead of the Communist Party’s centenary celebrations. Photo: AP

President Xi Jinping might be China’s most powerful man in decades, but he has railed in internal meetings against the country’s vast bureaucracy, according to a recently published book.

In January, Xi expressed frustration at a lack of initiative among officials at an internal meeting and complained that too many waited for instructions from the top before acting, according to a book published by Central Party Literature Press last month.

It was the first time his remarks had been made public. “Some only get moving when they receive written edicts issued by the leadership and they would do nothing without such instructions,” Xi told a plenary meeting of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection,
the Communist Party’s top anti-corruption body
, to discuss the latest five-year plan.

“My written instructions are the last line of defence,” Xi said. “If I didn’t hand out instructions, would these officials do any work?”

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal

President Xi Jinping might be China’s most powerful man in decades, but he has railed in internal meetings against the country’s vast bureaucracy, according to a recently published book.

In January, Xi expressed frustration at a lack of initiative among officials at an internal meeting and complained that too many waited for instructions from the top before acting, according to a book published by Central Party Literature Press last month.

It was the first time his remarks had been made public. “Some only get moving when they receive written edicts issued by the leadership and they would do nothing without such instructions,” Xi told a plenary meeting of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection,
the Communist Party’s top anti-corruption body
, to discuss the latest five-year plan.

“My written instructions are the last line of defence,” Xi said. “If I didn’t hand out instructions, would these officials do any work?”

sounds like Singapore government and civil service to me