• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

X-rays of flowers

N

Nu Wa

X-rays of flowers by Hugh Turvey

hyacinth_1689418i.jpg

They say beauty is only skin deep - but Hugh Turvey's x-rays of flowers show they are captivating through and through. Hugh, who trained as a designer / art director before studying photography Gered Mankowitz, first used X-rays in 1996 to photograph a human skull as a favour to a musician friend who needed an image for an album cover. He has since used the technique to produce a series of coloured x-rays of everyday objects

bunch-of-roses_1689416i.jpg

Hugh, 39, has been fascinated since childhood with getting underneath the surface of things. He said: "I'm driven by my curiosity. It's about discovering the world around us. As a kid I would take things apart to see what was inside and how they worked. I have an insane curiosity for how things work.
X-ray gives me a way to get that insight and turn it into art"

arum-lilies_1689435i.jpg

Arum lilies

N

Nu Wa

red-rose_1689410i.jpg

A coloured X-ray of a rose

red-lily_1689423i.jpg

A coloured X-ray of a lily

thistles_1689431i.jpg

Thistles

N

Nu Wa

thistle_1689437i.jpg

A close-up of an X-ray of a thistle flower

stagazer-lilies_1689417i.jpg

Stargazer lilies

orchid_1689436i.jpg

An orchid (Stanhopea hasselvoliana)

N

Nu Wa

rose_1689424i.jpg

A rose

love-in-the-mist_1689434i.jpg

Nigella damascena (Love-in-a-mist) seed capsules

lily_1689428i.jpg

Agapanthus

Lisianthus_1689412i.jpg

Lisianthus flowers

N

Nu Wa

<object width="400" height="255" id="uvp_fop" allowFullScreen="true"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/fop/embedflv/swf/fop.swf"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=v36648108&amp;eID=1301797&amp;lang=us&amp;enableFullScreen=0&amp;shareEnable=1"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><embed height="255" width="400" id="uvp_fop" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/fop/embedflv/swf/fop.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="id=v36648108&amp;eID=1301797&amp;lang=us&amp;ympsc=4195329&amp;enableFullScreen=1&amp;shareEnable=1" /></object>