• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[WTF] Sequel confirmed for CNY smash hit

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ah Girls Go Army: Yes, there will be a sequel and the release date 'will be announced soon'​

The film, part of the Ah Boys To Men franchise, has proved a local box office hit, collecting S$1.67 million to date.
Ah Girls Go Army: Yes, there will be a sequel and the release date 'will be announced soon'

Ah Girls Go Army. (Photo: mm2 Entertainment)
07 Feb 2022 03:30PM (Updated: 07 Feb 2022 03:30PM)

It has been confirmed that Ah Girls Go Army – the latest film in Jack Neo’s Ah Boys To Men franchise – will have a sequel.

Responding to email queries from CNA Lifestyle, a spokesperson from mm2 Entertainment, the production company behind the film, replied that “the release date will be announced soon”.

The film, about the first group of women who has to serve NS in the future because there are not enough men, proved a box office hit, collecting S$1.67 million as of Monday (Feb 7), according to mm2.

Ah Girls Go Army opened on Feb 1, and taking into account four days of sneak previews, it hit the S$1 million mark at the local box office after just six days.

Director Neo posted a video on social media on Feb 3, celebrating the seven-figure goal. He also thanked supporters in the post.

The spokesperson also said in the email response that the reception to the movie was “mixed”.

Online commenters have called it out for perceived fat-shaming of a character played by actress Xixi Lim, while 8days.sg said in its review that “Beneath the seemingly progressive facade, it's aggressively regressive, especially in its unflattering depiction of women – juvenile, clueless and asinine”.

The film stars Apple Chan, Glenn Yong, Yang Guang Ke Le, Belle Chua and Xixi Lim.

Source: CNA/sr
https://www.sammyboy.com/javascript:;

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even though there are online noise to discredit Jack Neo, the truth is he is still making profit from his film
Singapore really have no stories to excite with, except NS

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Girls to Whores will be part 2.
All of them will gather in Geylang to sell their cheebyes including the fat one.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I direct a army movie, I will do a whole platoon falls into the hands of the enemy and the girls become POW.
All of them will be stripped naked and raped everyday, those who resist will be flogged.

I want Zoe Tay that lao cheebye to be RSM, she will be the first to throw herself at the enemy commander, but get thrown out for being and old slut.
First one to have her cheebye flogged.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The next one should be: My grandmother can run faster than you (when she was in the army).

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I direct a army movie, I will do a whole platoon falls into the hands of the enemy and the girls become POW.
All of them will be stripped naked and raped everyday, those who resist will be flogged.

I want Zoe Tay that lao cheebye to be RSM, she will be the first to throw herself at the enemy commander, but get thrown out for being and old slut.
First one to have her cheebye flogged.
Nice, I be the enemy

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Clearly there's a demand for Teeko Jacko's lowbrow crass movies. And in the business of making movies, if the demand is good there will be sequels.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
More like there is no other choice but to make a sequel. Have to keep the ppl employed etc ..like a gravy train...and he sure got sponsors , tax breaks n pap support.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
if it's $10 per ticket, only 167000 jokers have seen the movie. that's less than 5% of the population. there is hope yet.