• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP Town council called police when shopkeepers went to meet TC staff!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it just me or is this becoming a trend with WP

Since GE2011
Award most expensive TC Management contracts to FMSS without tender

Propose million dollar salary for ministers and high allowance for MP

Vote buying for upgrade lucky draw

Demand additional payment from Hawkers for free cleaning services

and now this.

You should just concentrate on your travel threads..

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think U can compare 4 - 6 trade shows with one every other week since April

I thought you were smarter than that, guess I was wrong. They say, you believe. 25 shops and only 4 shopkeeper take photo. It's like the market ceiling fiasco, small matter and a few PAP scum must raise it's profile till it goes to parliament.

I don't see Singaporeans taking photo when PAP let foreigners come in to take our jobs. So why are these 4 clowns taking photos when WP bring in a trade fair that brings some competition.

Mountain. Molehill.

Isn't this the similar modus operandi as the three uncle from hawker association who claim they represent all the hawkers of 511 or 538 market association?

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Well if you are so smart, go and help out WP instead of ranting here like a coward dog.
Do you dare to approve this post ?:rolleyes:

Why should I help the WP? My hope is that they disappear from the political landscape as soon as possible. If I do help, it will be to help the PAP destroy the WP.

In the meantime, if they can't do the job of running a town council properly, they should hand the ward over to the PAP to manage.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the WP cannot even treat their own constituents fairly, imagine what Singapore will be like if they end up running the whole country.

Their actions show that they are even more money faced than the PAP. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I am shocked that are not on the side of free enterprise. If these business can't compete, they should move out to PAP wards or close shop.

WPTC can hold down charges for ALL residents and business because it is creative in generating income. That's true benefits to the people and business operating in that ward. Unlike the PAP BS of 'subsidy'.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it just me or is this becoming a trend with WP

Since GE2011
Award most expensive TC Management contracts to FMSS without tender

Propose million dollar salary for ministers and high allowance for MP

Vote buying for upgrade lucky draw

Demand additional payment from Hawkers for free cleaning services

and now this.

Why do you believe only the PAP BS?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I pass by the place every other day, the so call fairs were not as often as stated by those idiots. A few of the fairs were by John little. Can John little products be cheaper than those as the shophouses. As for selling hp covers, do u know how many shops inside HG central are selling the same stuff?

The fairs only 6 to 8 stalls, operate in the sheltered area in front of Hdb office. Many kids like hang ard there plus a couple basking in the same spot. If there were as many fairs as claimed by those idiots, then no way they can bask there. Come hougang to see for yourself before believing BS printed by agency who has low credibility.

Go research their merchant association, it is 'pro pxp', for it had been under them for a long time, & all these are 'volunteers' & serve the people...those complaining in the picture are one "bayi", who run, run down clothes business, which no one wants to buy, one ah bang, who for years struggling for an existence selling pocket games, game boy etc & accessories & now he claim HP covers etc..in which there are more than 5 shops doing likewise in that area, the other two, were strung along to make noises, including one CHINA WOMAN!? ( most likely the eye tatoo one).

If they want to complain that competition is hurting their business in terms of fixed rental they pay as oppose to the 'affordable' rentals the stalls pay & are able to sell below costs...they should have walked into HDB office, which is just there & complain. They have no balls to do that, for they will not only be shown the door...the 'ang chia' will arrive in no time. In the past, they might have been enjoying 'concessions' that is why they are not complaining..for they are "Volunteers" that serve the public...sic!!

Rental for that area will go up very soon...when HDB redevelop that central, they did a road show some years back, to build a new bus interchange & few tall blocks of HDB flats like AMK Hub, Clementi Central..etc

Let that "Ah Beng" and gang go complain...:mad: they are plain "trouble makers' instigated to do so, highlighted by the "braddell brothel'..

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng replies: people just want to earn a decent living - not stealing or robbing mah! :biggrin: why make things so difficult for people leh?

Green Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
1459334_580129248709754_1274842462_n.jpg

Sylvia Lim (Jan 2013): “What we need are MPs who can empathise with the struggles that you face daily.” #WP #FMSS

When the hawkers in her ward requested her town council, AHPeTC, to discharge its obligation to conduct spring cleaning of the hawker center, #AHPeTC attempted to double charge the hawkers for scaffolding to clean area higher than 2.5m.

Now it is reported that AHPeTC has resorted to renting out a communal space that was meant for community events to conduct trade fair almost weekly since April 2013 at a fee of about $70000 for a 2 week period. A 70 days X’mas & New Year fair is now under way. Nevermind the livelihood of the neighborhood shopkeepers. AHPeTC HUAT AH!

When the shopkeepers attempted to petitioned AHPeTC against the frequent trade fairs, AHPeTC repsonded by calling the police who left without intervening.

And just like the Hawker Center saga, Ms Sylvia Lim and AHPeTC refuses to consult, meet or negotiate with the affected shopkeepers.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wasn't that exactly what SDP wanted WP to do when SDP wanted to run for the by-election in Punggol?

if they can't do the job of running a town council properly, they should hand the ward over to the PAP to manage.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Observations:

1. The whole episode smacks of plasters with the letters "PAP" everywhere. PAP advisor and PA grassroots involved. No shyness to conceal their affiliations this time. Disappointing to see the very same politicking PAP often tells opposition to stay away from. If this goes on I am sure fence sitters will be stirred.

2. Which makeshift outlet does not take business away from nearby concrete outlets. Might as well ban all pasar malams and pushcarts which PAP govt had allowed since time immemorial. Anyone remembers the frequent pasars by the RCs/CCs grassroots and some shops also went to PAP to complain but who did not do anything.

3. Despite all the hard work and ease of access to petition by the sycophant forces, it managed to get only 25 out of 60 shops to support. Why did the other 35 stay away and it is very telling.

4. No one will invoke the police unless the mob had behaved threateningly at the TC's gates. Which brings me to the point that these sycophant cowards will not even dare walk past the bus stop outside MOT's office if Lui decides to increase ERP. PAP they scared and want to carry balls, WP they try to bully. Very telling the kind of people that serves them.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Observations:

1. The whole episode smacks of plasters with the letters "PAP" everywhere. PAP advisor and PA grassroots involved. No shyness to conceal their affiliations this time. Disappointing to see the very same politicking PAP often tells opposition to stay away from. If this goes on I am sure fence sitters will be stirred.

2. Which makeshift outlet does not take business away from nearby concrete outlets. Might as well ban all pasar malams and pushcarts which PAP govt had allowed since time immemorial. Anyone remembers the frequent pasars by the RCs/CCs grassroots and some shops also went to PAP to complain but who did not do anything.

3. Despite all the hard work and ease of access to petition by the sycophant forces, it managed to get only 25 out of 60 shops to support. Why did the other 35 stay away and it is very telling.

4. No one will invoke the police unless the mob had behaved threateningly at the TC's gates. Which brings me to the point that these sycophant cowards will not even dare walk past the bus stop outside MOT's office if Lui decides to increase ERP. PAP they scared and want to carry balls, WP they try to bully. Very telling the kind of people that serves them.

This will backfire machiam the hawker center cleaning episode.
Vile pappies simply dun learn.....
It's a positive development for the 39.9%

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
........write a petition to the stat boards and PAP government for lower rentals lah:rolleyes:

Like everyone has been saying........high rentals are killing businesses......these hawkers barking up the wrong tree.

If goods sold at the fairs are cheaper, good for residents and even the family of these hawkers........

The petition said: "The trade fairs are badly affecting our business, as the stalls sell similar products but at lower prices because of their low overheads. We are paying fixed rent and charges."

TheWhiteHorse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another attack, what's new? Come to Jurong West St 52 near the hawker centre, chances are you will find a pasar malam. Why store keepers don't complain?
Side note: plenty of six legged visitors to the hawker centre too, I even have a pic of it crawling on the tables. Why no one complain?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
........write a petition to the stat boards and PAP government for lower rentals lah:rolleyes:

Like everyone has been saying........high rentals are killing businesses......these hawkers barking up the wrong tree.

If goods sold at the fairs are cheaper, good for residents and even the family of these hawkers........

These hawkers are pap underlings...
Their actions machiam the kopishit in this forum....
To disrupt discredit and distract everyone from the main issues that pap failed in

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is nothing wrong with being pro business. Without businesses, there would be no employment.

For this case, how many workers these shopkeepers employed? I do know that hundreds and thousands of consumers are benefiting from these trade fairs.

The Hougang residents have voted for the right party!:wink::smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it wasn't confined to hougang alone. pasir ris and marine parade (under the pap) also had tented "trade fairs" competing with shops. because much of flea market style stands sell chap huay tiam stuff, sundry shops selling anything from underwear to umbrellas are most impacted. kopitiam and food stalls who are mostly pap supporters are most delighted as "trade fair" brings in more foot traffic and does not compete with them. sundry shop owners are more vocal about their losses and displeasures when they know the wp is in charge as they assume wp is more receptive to their pleas and complaints. that's my observation and analysis while in sg for only 2 weeks. :biggrin: