• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP, SPP, PKMS joins SDP soccer tournament

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A few unexpected developments.

WP actually shows up.

In contrast, NSP does not show up. (Had a feeling for some time that NSP after 2011 wants to go WP's exclusive way.)

RP and SDA doesn't show up, but not unexpected. They hardly have members, much less members who play soccer.

SDP singled out only PAP for not attending. Always the SDP.

WP team didn't contain any recognizable faces, so I figured they sent one of their grassroots teams to play. No logo, no MPs. Other than the name showing up, distance from SDP still kept.

The Chiams of SPP showed up but I don't expect them to know how to play soccer. The rest of SPP and PKMS do not have many recognizable faces, hard to tell who the players were.

On the other hand, SDP leaders were seen on the field.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

A very warm congrats to the Vichy WP for following the leadership of SDP in forging an Opposition Alliance.

Hopefully, under SDP leadership, Vichy WP can start to grow just a little bit of balls to stand up to PAP.

Kudos to SDP for trying to drag those Vichy WP out of the PAP Axis Alliance.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good to see Mr Chiam as healthy as ever.

1111_360326207394735_2093484913_n.jpg

Photo credit: publichouse.sg

Last edited:

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chiams of SPP showed up but I don't expect them to know how to play soccer.

A very ungentleman and sarcastic remark on the Chiam's age and health. This is how the WP members and supporters love to attack other Opposition Party, but cry father cry mother when their "Great" leaders are being attacked.

Compared to the Chiams, why aren't any of the Vichy WP leaders show up to support their young members? Where is their commitment and dedication in grooming and growing their new leaders? These grassroot show support for the WP leaders but that support is not reciprocated.

Or as their Chief Eunuch admits, WP leaders are easily demoralised, discouraged and disinterested in their young members, knowing that they will lose and has no face.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A very ungentleman and sarcastic remark on the Chiam's age and health. This is how the WP members and supporters love to attack other Opposition Party, but cry father cry mother when their "Great" leaders are being attacked.

Compared to the Chiams, why aren't any of the Vichy WP leaders show up to support their young members? Where is their commitment and dedication in grooming and growing their new leaders? These grassroot show support for the WP leaders but that support is not reciprocated.

Or as their Chief Eunuch admits, WP leaders are easily demoralised, discouraged and disinterested in their young members, knowing that they will lose and has no face.

Yes, we know nothing WP does will ever please you. You have a cyclical pattern that goes like this - WP never brings up issues -> if proven wrong -> WP does not bring up issues often enough -> if proven wrong -> WP doesn't bring up issues in the "right" way -> if proven wrong -> the issue WP brings up is "not important" -> if proven wrong -> WP never does something to these issues.

Why did NSP not go pay respects to the Great SDP? Care to comment? Try not to expose your bias too promiscuously though we know it exists. After 300 posts ranting on WP, one comment on NSP won't kill.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, we know nothing WP does will ever please you. You have a cyclical pattern that goes like this - WP never brings up issues -> if proven wrong -> WP does not bring up issues often enough -> if proven wrong -> WP doesn't bring up issues in the "right" way -> if proven wrong -> the issue WP brings up is "not important" -> if proven wrong -> WP never does something to these issues.

Why did NSP not go pay respects to the Great SDP? Care to comment? Try not to expose your bias too promiscuously though we know it exists. After 300 posts ranting on WP, one comment on NSP won't kill.

I’m neither knowledgeable nor interested on NSP as much as you are on Chiam’s health. So I don’t comment on them as much as you like to comment on Chiam’s inability to play football.

Instead of asking why NSP is not paying any respects to the Great SDP, why isn’t any of the Great WP leaders paying any respect to their small little tiny young members who are sweating and working on the field for the name of the Great WP? Where is any of their CEC members and Youth Wing leaders which they like to hype so much for being so easily demoralised, discouraged and disinterested?

Despite Chiam’s age and health, which you are so keen to point out, he still shows up to support his young members, even if he may be perceived as paying respects to the Great SDP.

Compared to the Chiams, the Vichy WP eunuchs would rather betray and sacrifice their small little tiny insignificant young pawns than to lose their face, pride and dignity for being perceived as following the Great SDP.

This is the difference of a Great leader personified by Chiam as compared to the Small leader so exemplified by the Vichy WP eunuchs.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I’m neither knowledgeable nor interested on NSP

This sentence says it all. If you are more knowledgeable about WP than other parties, you may be some disgruntled ex WP member who was sacked. If yes, I can't blame you for ranting like that, though I can't also blame WP for sacking a incomprehensible member like you.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A very warm congrats to the Vichy WP for following the leadership of SDP in forging an Opposition Alliance.

Hopefully, under SDP leadership, Vichy WP can start to grow just a little bit of balls to stand up to PAP.

Kudos to SDP for trying to drag those Vichy WP out of the PAP Axis Alliance.

Now you know why WP sent only grassroots? They know exactly what SDP will try to claim. 醉翁之意不在酒。 This whole episode leaves me wondering. Does SDP have enough grassroots to form a team?

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now you know why WP sent only grassroots? They know exactly what SDP will try to claim. 醉翁之意不在酒。 This whole episode leaves me wondering. Does SDP have enough grassroots to form a team?

So the WP chief eunuch has seen thru SDP’s plot of trying to break up his subservient alliance with his PAP Imperial Master, and he is deliberating sending his small little tiny insignificant expendable pawns so as not to offend his PAP political master.

Thanks for your great analysis. Gracias.

droopal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A few unexpected developments.

WP actually shows up.

In contrast, NSP does not show up. (Had a feeling for some time that NSP after 2011 wants to go WP's exclusive way.)

RP and SDA doesn't show up, but not unexpected. They hardly have members, much less members who play soccer.

SDP singled out only PAP for not attending. Always the SDP.

WP team didn't contain any recognizable faces, so I figured they sent one of their grassroots teams to play. No logo, no MPs. Other than the name showing up, distance from SDP still kept.

The Chiams of SPP showed up but I don't expect them to know how to play soccer. The rest of SPP and PKMS do not have many recognizable faces, hard to tell who the players were.

On the other hand, SDP leaders were seen on the field.

Thanks for the updates Bro. Great development for Oppositions.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So the WP chief eunuch has seen thru SDP’s plot of trying to break up his subservient alliance with his PAP Imperial Master, and he is deliberating sending his small little tiny insignificant expendable pawns so as not to offend his PAP political master.

Thanks for your great analysis. Gracias.

So SDP has given up hope of engaging the PAP and instead turns its attention to engage other opposition parties instead?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
So SDP has given up hope of engaging the PAP and instead turns its attention to engage other opposition parties instead?

The White Scums have the Parliament, Braddell Road Brothel, SPF, the Kangaroo Court, etc, etc, at their disposal. Bestest of all, they still have the undivided love from the daft, silent Majority who repeatedly give the White Scums convincingly strong mandate, decades after decades.

They can pick and choose who they want to whack, to entertain. So SDP could not be wrong to focus elsewhere like the voters or other Oppo.

droopal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree.

But he really needs to work on a succession plan. Time is not on his side.

Mr Chiam is a gentle but firm person.
No nonsense type.
He did put efforts in rejunvenating his party.
Back in GE 2006, there were lots of promising young gentlemen volunteers
helping out his party.
SDA with Desmond, hardworking chap like the ants were among them.
There were alot of discreet infighting
and Mr Chiam being the seasoned politician see through them all.
I guess none of them make the mark.
Maybe Mr Chiam set the bar too high but then what can you expect
from a man who has painstaking invested time and energy into his party.

Correct me if am wrong on this.
Because this is what I understand from the network or grapevine.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SDP has always believed that for a regime change to occur, opposition parties must come together to form an alliance to defeat the incumbent, along the lines of Pakatan Rakyat. A coalition opposition gov't is the only hope of removing the PAP from power in the foreseeable future, since none of the opposition parties on their own can garner a majority of seats in Parliament.

This is of course apart from the continual need for all oppo parties to engage the government on key issues.

That's why the SDP organized a roundtable for opposition parties:

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SDP has always believed that for a regime change to occur, opposition parties must come together to form an alliance to defeat the incumbent, along the lines of Pakatan Rakyat. A coalition opposition gov't is the only hope of removing the PAP from power in the foreseeable future, since none of the opposition parties on their own can garner a majority of seats in Parliament.

This is of course apart from the continual need for all oppo parties to engage the government on key issues.

That's why the SDP organized a roundtable for opposition parties:

I appreciate the fact that the SDP has been the only party to call together the opposition (other than PKMS).

I have a lingering thought left unanswered. I wouldn't call it a question because I am not bothered if it is answered or well answered or not.

In 2009 SDP organized the "Opposition - Where To?" forum. Unlike the recent SDP conversation, most opposition parties attended. It is noticeable that after 3 years, SDP has not pushed for it to progress into something more. Instead the process just repeats.

It is no surprise that their critics think it is to showcase themselves to look like the leading opposition party.