• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP picks candidate based on their skin colour

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_797653.html

“Workers' Party (WP) chief Low Thia Khiang on Thursday emphasised that his party takes a lot of care in screening and selecting its candidates. Besides having stringent criteria, the party also makes it a point to scrutinise its candidate over a period of time.”

What a shameless, congenital liar.

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2012/05/sajeev-kamalasanan-resigns-from-the-workers-party/

“I was, however, inactive and did not contribute to the party in any significant way until a phone call from the party’s Chairman, Ms Sylvia Lim, about six weeks before the 2011 General Elections. The party was looking to field an Indian candidate in Nee Soon GRC and Ms Sylvia requested me to step forward. It was an unexpected but important request and after due consideration, I turned her down as I felt that I was not the right person for it. However, Ms Sylvia persisted, saying that the party was in urgent need for an Indian candidate for this GRC (the two other Indian candidates Mr Pritam Singh and Mr Somasundaram were fielded for Aljunied and Moulmein-Kallang GRCs).”

So, Sajeev was not carefully screened and selected as lied by Mr Low Thia Khiang. He was picked up from the street simply because he was an Indian to make up the number for WP to form their Ali Baba team in the Nee Soon GRC contest.

Why is it that WP has to resort to picking up minority candidates to form their Ali Baba team?

If WP had spent time, money and energy in grooming and training minority members to become candidates instead of discriminating and ostracising them, this situation would not have occurred.

Low Thia Khiang has been the WP chief for over 10 years. Yet he could not bother to develop any minority leaders within the Party to become candidate and had to resort to picking minority candidates from the street only during election time. This demonstrated his utter failure as a Party leader during this 10 years for ignoring the needs of the minority community.

If Low had not spent so much time purging and cleansing minority members from the Party after his betrayal of JBJ, WP would not have been in such predicament as Low had become paranoid and suspicious of minoritiy members.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, Sajeev was not carefully screened and selected as lied by Mr Low Thia Khiang. He was picked up from the street simply because he was an Indian to make up the number for WP to form their Ali Baba team in the Nee Soon GRC contest.

Why is it that WP has to resort to picking up minority candidates to form their Ali Baba team?

Your caption is misleading and your article did not support your caption.

If it's a minority candidate, then he must be selected based on his skin colour. That's the GRC system, isn't it?

Why pick up minority candidates? Because this is the requirement under the GRC system.

Ali Baba team? You basically just made a racist statement against the entire team, including the minority candidate. And you call WP racists?

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. They're only going by the rules of GRC system. Potential and ability does not have any colour. The Indian in question is no MP calibre. End of.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ali Baba team? You basically just made a racist statement against the entire team, including the minority candidate. And you call WP racists?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Baba_(Malaysia)

The Chinese chauvinists in the Chinese Workers' Party are learning the dirty tricks from Malaysia. They are merely using a minority candidate (Ali) to showcase, grandstand their team while the real power and decision-making lies in the Chinese candidates (Baba)...

The Chinese Workers' Party treat their minority candidates in their GRC team just like the Chinese in Malaysia treat their minority directore in their Ali Baba company.

While Sajeev is denied any recognition and cadreship by the Chinese Workers' Party, the minority candidate for the PAP GRC team for the same Nee Soon GRC team was made a heavy-weight cabinet minister.

It's is painfully and embarassingly obvious as who is racist and who is not....

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. They're only going by the rules of GRC system. Potential and ability does not have any colour. The Indian in question is no MP calibre. End of.

No wonder the Chinese Workers' Party is so determined to the destroy the GRC system as it exposed their bias and indifference to serve the minority community.

If the Indian in question is no MP calibre, then why pick him in the first place? Isn't they supposed to have a very,very stringent criteria in screening and scrutinising candidates?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder the Chinese Workers' Party is so determined to the destroy the GRC system as it exposed their bias and indifference to serve the minority community.

If the Indian in question is no MP calibre, then why pick him in the first place? Isn't they supposed to have a very,very stringent criteria in screening and scrutinising candidates?

I'm not sure if Mr. Sajeev was deemed to be of MP calibre at the time when WP asked him to run for GE 2011. However, that he chose to quit now, and apparently because he was not picked as a cadre member of WP, does suggest that perhaps he is not of MP calibre.

I'm not in WP so I shall refrain from saying whether he was picked purely of his skin colour. I'm sure Mr. Sajeev will feel insulted if you say that to him. Everyone is in politics for different reasons. Some are more altruistic, some are in for personal gains. Whatever your personal goals are, as long as you contribute to the well-being of people, frankly we shouldn't care too much. But politics is about longevity. You persevere through bad times and rejoice in good times. In that sense, I wish Mr. Sajeev will stay longer. It's a pity for himself, even if he can't see it yet. But this is a reflection of the present society where instant success and rewards are expected, rather than hoped.

I will ask you to be less judgemental, be more open about things.

Last edited:

TNP(Tua Neh Pau)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if racist so what? We are also racist mah.

If given a choice of fucking Chinese, Malay and Indian girl. Which one you choose?

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure if Mr. Sajeev was deemed to be of MP calibre at the time when WP asked him to run for GE 2011. However, that he chose to quit now, and apparently because he was not picked as a cadre member of WP, does suggest that perhaps he is not of MP calibre.

Whether he was a MP calibre in 2011 and suddenly not in 2012, it only emphasise and demonstrate the utter failure in Low Thia Khiang and his cronies in screening and selecting candidates, as always....Where is their stringent criteria?

"He is good enough to be your MP, but no good to be our cadre!" Why don't Low Thia Khiang tell that to all the voters in Nee Soon GRC and see how they feel ?

Is Low Thia Khiang and his cronies trying to tell the good people in Nee Soon Central that they are so much smarter, better, elitist, snobbish than all of them?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_797653.html

“Workers' Party (WP) chief Low Thia Khiang on Thursday emphasised that his party takes a lot of care in screening and selecting its candidates. Besides having stringent criteria, the party also makes it a point to scrutinise its candidate over a period of time.”

What a shameless, congenital liar.

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2012/05/sajeev-kamalasanan-resigns-from-the-workers-party/

“I was, however, inactive and did not contribute to the party in any significant way until a phone call from the party’s Chairman, Ms Sylvia Lim, about six weeks before the 2011 General Elections. The party was looking to field an Indian candidate in Nee Soon GRC and Ms Sylvia requested me to step forward. It was an unexpected but important request and after due consideration, I turned her down as I felt that I was not the right person for it. However, Ms Sylvia persisted, saying that the party was in urgent need for an Indian candidate for this GRC (the two other Indian candidates Mr Pritam Singh and Mr Somasundaram were fielded for Aljunied and Moulmein-Kallang GRCs).”

If WP had spent time, money and energy in grooming and training minority members to become candidates instead of discriminating and ostracising them, this situation would not have occurred.

Low Thia Khiang has been the WP chief for over 10 years. Yet he could not bother to develop any minority leaders within the Party to become candidate and had to resort to picking minority candidates from the street only during election time. This demonstrated his utter failure as a Party leader during this 10 years for ignoring the needs of the minority community.

If Low had not spent so much time purging and cleansing minority members from the Party after his betrayal of JBJ, WP would not have been in such predicament as Low had become paranoid and suspicious of minoritiy members.

It is not about WP picking candidates based on race, LTK is smarter than losing the Indian votes.
It is... in the words of the wise Jah Rastafar... shit skins like you generally have no integrity and PAP knows who to look for to sell out his party to stir shit at a crucial moment. :oIo:

Last edited:

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure Mr. Sajeev will feel insulted if you say that to him.

"I joined WP as an ordinary member in 2006 following the 2006 General Elections, believing that the party was a credible and alternative voice for Singaporeans. Due to work and other commitments, I was, however, inactive and did not contribute to the party in any significant way until a phone call from the party’s Chairman, Ms Sylvia Lim, about six weeks before the 2011 General Elections. The party was looking to field an Indian candidate in Nee Soon GRC and Ms Sylvia requested me to step forward."

By his own admission, he was a sleeper and idler inside the Chinese Workers' Party from 2006 and 2011.

Without any screening and scrutiny and stringent criteria, he was selected based on his ethnic race.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether he was a MP calibre in 2011 and suddenly not in 2012, it only emphasise and demonstrate the utter failure in Low Thia Khiang and his cronies in screening and selecting candidates, as always....Where is their stringent criteria?

"He is good enough to be your MP, but no good to be our cadre!" Why don't Low Thia Khiang tell that to all the voters in Nee Soon GRC and see how they feel ?

Is Low Thia Khiang and his cronies trying to tell the good people in Nee Soon Central that they are so much smarter, better, elitist, snobbish than all of them?

I think you're being idealistic here. We can only make a judgement of people based on observable data up to that point in time the decision is made. But you must remember that human beings change, progress and evolve. It's dynamic and not static. Of course, some things never change, those are the core qualities of a person.

Screening aims at keeping the flies out, so that you bring in the bees and the butterflies. That also means you don't shut the door. Otherwise, you will really keep the flies out. But you also have no bees and no butterflies. Don't make the same mistakes as GMS and Kinana over the YSL saga -- when a person did something wrong, you slam the entire system and want to take down the entire establishment. Worse, conveniently blame failure to vet, screening system not good enough, etc.

If only life is that simple. Welcome to the real world. Live in the real world, and do something positive to change those areas you think are not good enough. Don't just complaint.

Oh, and stop to smell some roses once in a while. Cheers! :wink:

B

Baluku

Racist simi?

Hougang is single ward with predominanently cina composition.

Unless sajeev got the calibre of JBJ, it will be politically suicidal to field him in Hougang.

Like GMS sending NS our national favorite to die in Marine Parade GRC.

Last edited by a moderator: