• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

wp now a angmopai party?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
no teochew low
no hokkien png
no taiwanese mao

left only all the angmopai people from slyvia, tingru, pritam, jamus, etc

correct?
Isnt Pritam and Indian?

Sylvia is Chinese

You want those speak good dialect and dialect tinged English you got good options at PAP eg Chan Chun Sing.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont worry another 10 years time probably will have some Indian new citizens stand for election.

Eventually over time Singapore majority race will be Indians.

Then no need worry angmopai.

You will be listening to Punjabi speeches.
Why don't you worry about your own country being over taken by ah nehs? .. instead of coming here to take cheap shots at us?

Why don't you just go to a Canadian smut site and complain there?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Why don't you worry about your own country being over taken by ah nehs? .. instead of coming here to take cheap shots at us?

Why don't you just go to a Canadian smut site and complain there?

Wah lau. Don't be angry lah. I also sinkie leh. Can't take the sinkie out of me.

Is it a cheap shot saying SG will be full of Indians in the future? If cheap shot you won't get angry.

It is concerning because it is true.

Canada is so big. We have many Indians here too. And many Chinese. And many whites. And many filipinos. Actually if you talk about multi cultural country I would say Canada is pretty close man. You go to the supermarket you really see all kinds of races. really! includes arabs, muslims, indians, chinese, african, european, pinoy, korean, japanese, south american. You hear them speaking all kinds of languages. Such a big country we have our space to breathe it's ok.

I am not taking cheap shots. I was replying to someone who was not happy that WP is all "angmopai". Which I disagree and find it irrelevant. Hence I was trying to make my point.

Hopefully the CECA can be reversed fast enough such that the growth inthe number of Indians can be slowed.

Meanwhile the Chinese will need to have more babies.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
hello, i said wp is angmopai but that doesn't mean i am not happy that they are angmopai
in fact, i am happier that they become angmopai cos it becomes a broader base party that electorate prefers

Oh I see.

Ok thanks for clarifying.

From what I remember when people use terms like angmopai it usually isnt meant to be a good thing. Maybe jokingly is good lah. It's a bit like if I said X party is all "ah neh". Or Y party is all "ah beng"

I still think there is a role for hokkien and teochew speakers. heartland people don't all speak english these days do they?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont worry another 10 years time probably will have some Indian new citizens stand for election.

Eventually over time Singapore majority race will be Indians.

Then no need worry angmopai.

You will be listening to Punjabi speeches.
Not Punjabi, but Hindi and Tamil

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Not Punjabi, but Hindi and Tamil

In Canada I hear people talk about Punjabi language more often than Hindi and Tamil.

I checked Punjabi is a language as well? Northern India?

So the CECA indians going to SG are not Punjabs?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Canada I hear people talk about Punjabi language more often than Hindi and Tamil.

I checked Punjabi is a language as well? Northern India?

So the CECA indians going to SG are not Punjabs?
I have no idea where those Indians go to work in Singapore, originate.
Not that many Punjabis compared to those who speak Hindi and Tamil.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I have no idea where those Indians go to work in Singapore, originate.
Not that many Punjabis compared to those who speak Hindi and Tamil.

So the type of Indians who go to Singapore are different from the ones we meet in Canada?

I know that we have NHL hockey commentary in Punjabi. But not Tamil or Hindi.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To connect with the elderly crowd , Workers Party members must know basic Teochew or Hokkien for sure
Jamus did thanked the Sengkang voters in Hokkien

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mao is not ang MOH Pai?the only jiak cai PNG there is low tha kiang lah.....

Hello mao worked for fortune 500 companies negotiating billion dollar contracts leh.......

Frankly whether u speak dialects or not.......the thing was low was popular because he was charismatic.

Low when he talks he doesn't give the feeling of being some hokkien Beng like Chan chun seng or Mark Lee.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So the type of Indians who go to Singapore are different from the ones we meet in Canada?

I know that we have NHL hockey commentary in Punjabi. But not Tamil or Hindi.
Not many Singhs or Punjabis in SG.
In Toronto, lots of Punjabis is Mississauga and Brampton (just west of Toronto)
Indians and Sri Lankans to the east in Scarborough. Also in Toronto

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Who the fuck care what Ah Nehs speak in Canada?

Charlie99 and I are both in Canada. I was having a conversation with him.

You are welcome to ignore if you don't care.

But it is of interest to me to learn that the ah nehs you get in SG through CECA are not the same as the Indians we see in Canada.

Not everything everyone posts here will interest everyone or have everyone care about it. So this is normal.

Last edited: