• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Would you defend Singapore?

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Defending a country is the obligation of every citizen, regardless of the country.

WHAT OBLIGATION ARE U TALKING ABOUT? Is the country obligated to reduce locals to tatters by importing foreigners (who dont serve NS), keep increasing essential costs while paying themselves millions & cheapen our value? WAKE UP!!!!!!
As for the poser above, i think you know my answer.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm wondering whats the point in auguing about whether son's of PRs or FT are willing to stay/defend the country in times of War. The majority of those so-called "true blue Singaporeans" in this and the previous incarnation of this forum have more then once express their wish to hop on the first boat/plane out of the country. If these the locals are not even willing to defend their own country, they loss the right to even criticize the foreigners on this subject. And no the stupid excuse about FT > Citizens doesnt cut it since 1, citizens still(as of this post) enjoys more rights then PRs

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners, PRs & Foreign Talents are only here for the good times, otherwise they will not leave their own countries in the first place.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm wondering whats the point in auguing about whether son's of PRs or FT are willing to stay/defend the country in times of War. The majority of those so-called "true blue Singaporeans" in this and the previous incarnation of this forum have more then once express their wish to hop on the first boat/plane out of the country. If these the locals are not even willing to defend their own country, they loss the right to even criticize the foreigners on this subject. And no the stupid excuse about FT > Citizens doesnt cut it since 1, citizens still(as of this post) enjoys more rights then PRs
the reason citizens r quitting is not bcos they love their country any less. however, under such governance, and a wayang fiction based armed forces, taking arms & going to war with tactics that is thoroughly flawed even on paper is nothing but suicide. and the body count of fallen men in battle will materialize that terminolgy.

when a the countrymen of a nation fall like dead flies (regardles in peace or hostile times), its nothing short of calling it - genocide.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question is not whether can we defend Singapore; its about whether Singapore is defensible enough for us to defend.

In short, if people do not care so much about the country and ain't passionate about defending it, no matter what we have bought, we would lose. After all the British had far superior numbers on the ground, fairly well-trained troops and had good food supply still. But they still lost once Japan crossed the straits- simply because morale was the main defeating point.

Money is not a substitute for patriotism; but if ordinary citizens do not get the respect that they deserve, and do not get appreciation for what they have done- in terms of praise, cash etc- then, there will be almost no patriotism. Instead everyone would be looking out for their own self-interests instead.

And that's the best gift an invading country will get.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's time to consider 14 years old as the age for BMT. This Roy chap can go straight to commandos. Or is he a specky?

Very funny guy hor?

Cheers!

NO I ALREADY PES E.
========================

Question: Would you defend Singapore?

"Will this foreign-born person be willing to defend the country in times of crisis? The answer would let us know how much they are willing to sacrifice, and whether they would really treat Singapore like their own country."

- Roy Lee Jun Hui, 14, Zhonghua Secondary School

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question is not whether can we defend Singapore; its about whether Singapore is defensible enough for us to defend.

In short, if people do not care so much about the country and ain't passionate about defending it, no matter what we have bought, we would lose. After all the British had far superior numbers on the ground, fairly well-trained troops and had good food supply still. But they still lost once Japan crossed the straits- simply because morale was the main defeating point.

Money is not a substitute for patriotism; but if ordinary citizens do not get the respect that they deserve, and do not get appreciation for what they have done- in terms of praise, cash etc- then, there will be almost no patriotism. Instead everyone would be looking out for their own self-interests instead.

And that's the best gift an invading country will get.

If England wanna claim back singapore, i'm fine...
Currency must change back in pounds.

but if malaysia wanna take back singapore...then i'm not fine.
Ringgit dun worth much.

:biggrin: :p :biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Answer NO. Why do I want to do that? After current gov. gone maybe new one is better. But me will not going to wait. ASAP there is war me out of here in less than 1 hr. Heading to JB and drive to Thailand in less than 12hr.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
NO I ALREADY PES E.
========================

Question: Would you defend Singapore?

"Will this foreign-born person be willing to defend the country in times of crisis? The answer would let us know how much they are willing to sacrifice, and whether they would really treat Singapore like their own country."

- Roy Lee Jun Hui, 14, Zhonghua Secondary School
They are here for education ! Here to have a good job . Here to obtain a pass port and move to USA or other greener pasture using SIngapore citizenship

It dirt cheap !

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give me command of a division of soliders, with Tri Service fire support.

We can invade Malausia in one week!

Dun see our own force so up....at least m&d land got soldiers who has seen real action in their home land fighting the communist...until the 90s.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
there’re plenty of other non-profit charity/ social organizations available, and in dire need of volunteers to do the render assistance/ services to those who need support within our fast improving society. Nothing’s stopping the migrants from volunteering themselves into community development.

That's what the UK govt is doing now. For their PRs to become c'ships, they must now do community service and prove that they want to make their communities better.